Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Your first Skins Game?

CAPT_CHAOS47

First game was back in 1989 at the Meadowlands. The Redskins were driving then Gary Clark fumbled and the Giants got the ball back and maintained the lead and won, it ws real devastating.

first game in Washington was against Arizona in 1999 when we dominated the Cardinals 28-3. I remember Stephen Davis going crazy for 180+ yards and the Skins looking a real contender

My first game was about five or six years ago. The Skins were playing against the Packers. It was the game were the Skins were down going into the fourth quarter and we had the ball. Portis scored the go ahead TD and the place went completely bonkers!!! But the TD was called back for Holding or Illegal Shift or something stupid like that. Anyway, that totally killed our momentum and we didn't get anywhere close to scoring again and lost the game.

It was a great first game!!!!

My first game was about five or six years ago. The Skins were playing against the Packers. It was the game were the Skins were down going into the fourth quarter and we had the ball. Portis scored the go ahead TD and the place went completely bonkers!!! But the TD was called back for Holding or Illegal Shift or something stupid like that. Anyway, that totally killed our momentum and we didn't get anywhere close to scoring again and lost the game.

I remember that. It was on James Thrash for not being set for a whole second. Bunch of bull. :(

Ah yes...the ol' illegal shift on Thrash.

Sunday, November 12, 1967 vs. San Francisco. Bobby Mitchell and Jerry Smith both had over 100 yards receiving and RB Gerry Allen had 90 yards rushing and two TD's (one on a 16 yard reception from Sonny Jurgensen). It was a back and forth game but the Skins pulled it out 31-28 on a 15 yard TD pass from Sonny to Jerry Smith late in the 4th quarter. The Skins scored all but three of their points in the 2nd half.

Do I actually remember all of these details? Hell no! It was over 40 years ago. I had to look it up here http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/196711120was.htm

My first game was in 1987 at RFK. It was the first game back after the scabs ran off 3 straight wins and we were playing the Jets. The team looked VERY sluggish and fell behind 16-7 (into the 4th quarter I believe). But then our offense came to life a little bit and pulled within 2. Finally, we got a go-ahead FG from Ali Haji-Shiek to take a 17-16 lead!!!! The D held the Jets to a VERY long FG attempt in the waning seconds and it wasn't even close...

The atmosphere was crazy. I was hugging and high-fiving people I had never met before! Awesome first game for a 10-year old kid!

Cool!, this was my first Redskins game ever too. I couldn't believe I was standing at that fence next to the end zone. I was a 19 year old college kid who met a guy in the Redskins band and he hooked me up.:point2sky

My first and only (I really wanna go see a game at home but never in VA anymore) was October 30th, 1994...My 13th Birthday! The Skins lost to Philly at RFK 31-29, but despite the loss I had an awesome seat.

My step-dad got us tickets thru Quantico since he worked maintenance there as a pipefitter, and we got to sit in Field Section 3...my feet touched the field all day!!! Greatest feeling for a 13 yr old Skins fan, only to be topped by the fact that in the 1st qtr Gus Frerotte thru a 15 yd out in the end zone to Desmond Howard who did a superman and caught a TD about 5 feet from me!

Needless to say, I was floored for a good week about my experience. I also got to sit next to Otis Wamsley for those of you who have followed the Skins for a while...really nice guy.

1970 vs. Vikings at RFK with my dad. We sat in section 234. I was 7 years old. Lost 19 - 10. Fred Cox kicked 4 FGs for the Vikings and Sonny threw a TD to Charley Taylor (that was also the first time I saw the dancing man AKA Bones the Dancing Man who was in section 335? at RFK and 225? at FedEx). He was a fixture at RFK and would get up on his chair and dance to Hail to the Redskins after every TD.

09/01/91 Season opener vs. Detroit 45-0 ass whipping, god that was great. Also got to to to the NFC title game that year vs. Detroit (my dad was a detroit fan, ha how sweet those rides home were!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) Miss those glory days, hopefully there right around the corner!

Hail

My first game i took my dad down to tampa game in 07, we had a great time at the extremesins tailgate,at lopez park, even more fun at MONS VENUS, but the game started our horribly with about six offensive turnovers, it was hot as hell in the stadium, but the worst part of all my dad and i were on the way home when we heard that Sean Taylor had been shot.........

October 1974. I was 14 years old and got a job selling programs at the game. It was our first home game against Miami since losing to them in the '72 superbowl. We were down one or two touchdowns when, in the 4th quarter, Sonny came in for Kilmer. Sonny launched one to Roy Jefferson for the victory. I don't remember how many programs I sold that day. (I made a nickel for every one I sold). I do remember finding a seat that someone had left because they thought we'd lost the game. My brother (who was also selling programs) and I couldn't believe our luck for being a witness to that game. I've never enjoyed being at a game more than that day. And, incidentally, I just got my first autograph from a Redskin.....Roy Jefferson. Imagine that.

October 1974. I was 14 years old and got a job selling programs at the game. It was our first home game against Miami since losing to them in the '72 superbowl. We were down one or two touchdowns when, in the 4th quarter, Sonny came in for Kilmer. Sonny launched one to Roy Jefferson for the victory. I don't remember how many programs I sold that day. (I made a nickel for every one I sold). I do remember finding a seat that someone had left because they thought we'd lost the game. My brother (who was also selling programs) and I couldn't believe our luck for being a witness to that game. I've never enjoyed being at a game more than that day. And, incidentally, I just got my first autograph from a Redskin.....Roy Jefferson. Imagine that.

That was one of Sonny's best games. But, the way I remember it, Sonny dumped a short pass over the middle to Larry Smith (playing with two broken bones in his ankle) for the winning touchdown.

That was one of Sonny's best games. But, the way I remember it, Sonny dumped a short pass over the middle to Larry Smith (playing with two broken bones in his ankle) for the winning touchdown.

You're probably right. I just remember Roy Jefferson going down the field. I turn 50 in January...so I'm entitled to a couple of misremembers. Anyway, thanks for keeping me honest! I'll have to try to look it up to relive the day.

Would've love to been at that one. 45-0, pure dominaion especially after Gibbs said I've never felt this bad about a team heading into a season after a terrible preseason

09/01/91 Season opener vs. Detroit 45-0 ass whipping, god that was great. Also got to to to the NFC title game that year vs. Detroit (my dad was a detroit fan, ha how sweet those rides home were!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) Miss those glory days, hopefully there right around the corner!

Hail

1981 (1st Regular Season Game) 30 -17 loss to the 49ers (eventual superbowl champs) also saw the Skins beat the Pats 24-22 (I believe) that same year in a driving rainstorm. Had the folding chair endzone seats for that game (worst seats in the house unless the Skins were on the 20 and in.

I went to my first skins game 2 seasons ago with my dad. we were in Section 321, i believe and it was against the Cards...The skins broke out into a early lead. There was a scuffle between the teams and i believe a Ref got knocked over trying to separate the guys:chair:

The skins gave up a comfortable lead and almost lost it in the last seconds of the game! There kicker missed a field goal. But other than a idiot in a Romo sits to pee jersey talking about how the skin will lose to Dallas, it was a great experiance!!A lot of high fives were passed around.

I did notice in the section i was sitting in a lot of the seats were empty because people sat inside at the bars and watched the game.

Also as i was in the shuttle leaving the stadium, there was a guy so drunk he couldn't stand...dude was crawling around the parking lot:doh:

But it was a great experiance and something i will never forget. I will also never forget how expensive the beer is!!!!

That was my only game and when i get home on R&R, i am SO going to a game!!! So if you got some good tickets i have some hard earned cash to buy them with!!!:D

How was your first skins game and did they win?

Hey, that was my first game in DC too! Oct 21, 2007... I was in section 316 (I believe). Sadly, ST's last interception was recorded at this game.

Although, it wasn't my first Skins game (@ SD, @ AZ, @ Anaheim) it was my first time seeing them at FedEx. I would have loved to have seen them at RFK... HTTR!

Mine was at Fed-Ex vs the LIONS 2007...That was the game Sellers trucked that DB and Los had a 80 yard INT returned for a TD...SKINS 34 LIONS 3....great game. I remember a LIONS fan wearing a Barry Sanders Jersey standing up getting ready to leave and yelling "F the REDSKINS" late in the forth QTR. Security had to come get him LOL.

60 yard return

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nK-LaJQcXro&feature=PlayList&p=B7A51C9A03B6FE30&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=16

I went to my first skins game 2 seasons ago with my dad. we were in Section 321, i believe and it was against the Cards...The skins broke out into a early lead. There was a scuffle between the teams and i believe a Ref got knocked over trying to separate the guys:chair:

The skins gave up a comfortable lead and almost lost it in the last seconds of the game! There kicker missed a field goal. But other than a idiot in a Romo sits to pee jersey talking about how the skin will lose to Dallas, it was a great experiance!!A lot of high fives were passed around.

I did notice in the section i was sitting in a lot of the seats were empty because people sat inside at the bars and watched the game.

Also as i was in the shuttle leaving the stadium, there was a guy so drunk he couldn't stand...dude was crawling around the parking lot:doh:

But it was a great experiance and something i will never forget. I will also never forget how expensive the beer is!!!!

That was my only game and when i get home on R&R, i am SO going to a game!!! So if you got some good tickets i have some hard earned cash to buy them with!!!:D

How was your first skins game and did they win?

i was at this game. ive never left a game feeling so bad after a win. we lost that game in every category but the scoreboard. if rackers made that FG we'd have missed the playoffs that year.

2005 in Tampa. We lost 35-36 when mike Alsott went for two and missed but they gave it to him anyway. Not to fear, we would beat them in the playoffs later that year. I have been to 4 skins games and they have lost all of them by a total of 13. WTF!

Archived