Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Malcolm Kelly did NOT have a Microfracture Surgery

kiingspadee

I really hope that this is true and the Kelly is able to be a big part of the offense this season. I think this kid is going to be huge if he can get over this bad knee.

That's a huge IF. That's like saying I could be a great receiver if I could get over the fact that I'm 38 and I run about a 4.3 20.

Meanwhile, while we screw around with this critical flaw (WRs really do need knees), that means he's taking someone else's reps and potentially someone else's roster spot (if he's not put on IR). And knowing this team, I can see them trying to make a silk purse out of a sow's knee for 3-4 years before finally throwing in the towel. That's what worries me.

Again, I hope we get ourselves a miracle. But from what my doctor friend's tell me, Kelly at this point after this type of procedure is more of a long shot than even Mike Williams is. And as someone else has pointed out, the new cartilage is not the same as what was there originally so even in the best case it will break down within a couple of years of NFL abuse. That's best case, assuming he even gets on the field for 30+ games. There's a good chance we won't even see that.

Hey, but look at the bright side, at least Kelly has a better shot to contribute to this team than this year's 2nd round pick who is now a Dolphin. ;)

What Snyder need to do is spend all that money he has on constructing Kelly's brand new titanium, matrix, fusion, hybrid, super-duper new lower half! Snyder can create a completely new bionic MalcomB Kelly. Complete with artificial knees and his already "amazingly soft" hands, Kelly will be ready to tear up the NFL......... in 2013, once the swelling goes down! :doh:

Anybody got any adamantium?

Regardless though - this is WONDERFUL NEWS

Now granted this is from Larry and Matt - but they said they talked to the trainers and they said it was just 2 scopes. So take it for what it is worth.

What is WONDERFUL NEWS??? The fact that Larry and Matt are incorrect?

The quote directly from Kelly said he had microfracture surgery? What am I missing.

This is ridiculous anyway microfracture is not career ending; ask Amare.

This board spends way too much time pontificating on players who have absolutely no impact, where is Jesse Lumsden these days?

Let's talk about Kelly when he does something other than get hurt or have surgery.

I've been malCOMB-ing through the medical journals and I can't find anything on micro-microfractures... or even micro-nanofractures... I also couldn't find microfracture knee scope-ectomy... sooo, I've come to the conclusion that what Kelly has is referred to as Sore Knee Syndrome, wherein even if a receiver has the potential to be the next Jerry Rice, it doesn't matter because his sore knees won't let him get on the field! What Snyder need to do is spend all that money he has on constructing Kelly's brand new titanium, matrix, fusion, hybrid, super-duper new lower half! Snyder can create a completely new bionic MalcomB Kelly. Complete with artificial knees and his already "amazingly soft" hands, Kelly will be ready to tear up the NFL......... in 2013, once the swelling goes down! :doh:

This would go great with the guy who has that Bionic Colt Brennan signiture. Now we just need some playbook implants for Thomas and an internal alarm clock for Davis and we can sic our robotic 08 rookies on the league.

Archived