Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Malcolm Kelly did NOT have a Microfracture Surgery

kiingspadee

I just remember a thread awhile back where someone had said he had Microfraction surgery which is basically a career ending surgery. Because of this speculation there was alot of people screaming "BUST" I know I am extremely ecstatic about this since I am a huge Kelly supporter.

So eat it Kelly Haters

That means that wrong information is floating around these circles.

it's probably from this article:

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/jason-la-canfora/malcolm-kelly-had-microfractur.html

this is his quote:

"They thought they were going to have to microfracture the whole thing," Kelly said. "But when they went in they found it had healed up a lot more than they thought, so they just had to microfracture a little part. And I actually had a little bone that they shaved down a little bit, and that really helped out a lot of the stuff. When they went and did that and finally fixed it instead of just trying to clean it up, like the first time, it helped out a whole lot."

Looks like they still did some microfracture work, even if it wasn't as intensive as they though. I mean, those are just Kelly's words though. Unless JLC is making up the quote that is. OR Kelly may not have fully understood what the doc told him.

Yeah that was the article.

I can't find the thread I searched - and I wanted some people to eat crow

Eat crow about what? Kelly states he had microfracture surgery. Or eat crow about producing on the field? Might want to hold off on that. I hope he does.

I think larry michael is missing out on the context of what happened. Kelly had micro fracture knee surgery,but it was about as small as microfracture knee surgery could get(these are MK's words),it wasn't a major microfracture surgery.

Per Rotoworld on May 1st:

Redskins WR Malcolm Kelly underwent microfracture knee surgery in February, though doctors had to repair less than they had anticipated.

"They found it had healed up a lot more than they thought," said Kelly, "So they just had to microfracture a little part." Coach Jim Zorn originally called it an arthroscopic procedure, perhaps because of its relatively minor nature. Kelly said his flexibility is better than ever, and he expects to be cleared for full participation in June OTAs.

Archived