Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Virginia: you got good nuts

artmonkforHOF

Just had a co worker come back from a trip to Virginia, and he brought back some "Virginia Diner" peanuts. These have got to be the best freakin peanuts I have ever tasted. Last time he brought back some peanuts cooked in oil with the shell on and those things where gross, but these heavenly nuts are to die for.

He left to go to a meeting and I am constantly walking by his desk and stealing a handful at a time. It is getting to the point where I might have to make a false cardboard bottom for the tin and place the remaining peanuts on top so it doesn't look like I have been stealing that many.

Normally I wouldn't care about taking peanuts, but the co worker said the Cashews from this place are even better-which he will be bringing in tomorrow-and I don't want to risk not having the cashews offered to me then, but damn it! these peanuts are too damn tasty to stop!

Now you need to try some boiled peanuts. Effn awesome.

Agreed... There is a guy named Timbo in Charleston, SC that has a dinky trailer that all the locals know and go to...

The best are his Cajun Boiled Peanuts... love those things :D

Our ham is the best also.

Man it's hard to beat Turner Ham's.:hungry:

I'll be getting me some in a couple of weeks.

Also if you are around Williamsburg check out The Peanut shop.

They have got some very tasty nuts.

Hubbard nuts are damn good also.They are in Sedley,Va.

We have plenty of busy beavers too ? :whoknows:

oh no, we Canadians will keep our beavers, and let you guys fight it out for your nuts.

I almost forgot about Virginia Ham. They sell brand name hams that are labeled "Virginia Ham" around here, but they taste like crap. The only time I can get true & fresh Virginia Ham is from June to July in a local deli, and those are to die for.

Just had a co worker come back from a trip to Virginia, and he brought back some "Virginia Diner" peanuts.

Yeah those peanuts are from the Wakefield/ Suffolk "peanut belt"....which of course is home to Planters.

Va Diner peanuts are very good, but I prefer the Wakefield Peanut Co which is just down the road.

Check out their website...http://www.wakefieldpeanutco.com/

Their South of the Border Mix is addicting.

Archived