Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Best BBQ spot in Fairfax County?

Spaceman Spiff

Having lived in NC for 4 years, I can't in good conscience endorse any BBQ joints in Fairfax. And I've searched like crazy.

But if you must, Willards is OK. Dixie Bones is OK too but surprisingly expensive.

I don't know why folks up here can't do it like the folks down there, but it's like a law of physics at this point.

Having lived in NC for 4 years, I can't in good conscience endorse any BBQ joints in Fairfax. And I've searched like crazy.

But if you must, Willards is OK. Dixie Bones is OK too but surprisingly expensive.

I don't know why folks up here can't do it like the folks down there, but it's like a law of physics at this point.

They can down here in SOMD ;) And i agree, i cant endorse any place in Fairfax, hell even in Northern VA ( i grew up there)

What are your favorite places in Arlington/DC? I think that while not Carolina style, Rocklands is pretty good. Old Glory in Gtown has Carolina BBQ, among other types.

There used to be a place in front of the Giant off of 29 in Centreville, they pulled off and chopped it in front of you really great BBQ. I thought it was better than Willards. Outside of FFX in Fredericksburg off of rt3 there is a small hole in the wall, that wsa very good.

One place I always hit when I get to the Outer Banks, going North towards Duck its on the left side and is a red building. Love that place.

They can down here in SOMD ;) And i agree, i cant endorse any place in Fairfax, hell even in Northern VA ( i grew up there)

Not to derail the particular location for this thread, but care to share SOMD locations?

I don't venture south of Prince Frederick much, but I'll occasionally be down in the Lusby/Leonardtown/La Plata area.

There used to be a place in front of the Giant off of 29 in Centreville, they pulled off and chopped it in front of you really great BBQ. I thought it was better than Willards. Outside of FFX in Fredericksburg off of rt3 there is a small hole in the wall, that wsa very good.

One place I always hit when I get to the Outer Banks, going North towards Duck its on the left side and is a red building. Love that place.

I think that place was called BBQ Country. It was pretty good from what I remember.

Not to derail the particular location for this thread, but care to share SOMD locations?

I don't venture south of Prince Frederick much, but I'll occasionally be down in the Lusby/Leonardtown/La Plata area.

I'll PM ya, forward it to Toaster Oven thanks :)

Archived