Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Musings of Drew Rosenhaus (now now, don't worry, it's Skins related)

corrupt3d

Some interesting things from him in the past few days:

Santana Moss is working hard with Jason Campbell to ensure they are a successful combo this year. Another year in Zorn's system will help.

That's great, lets hope it translates to the field.

Redskin OLB Rocky McIntosh is having a great offseason. Hopefully it will lead to a contract extension as he is in the last yr of his deal.

That's not so good - it doesn't sound as optimistic as it was a few weeks ago. :( Hopefully things will happen or else we're going into next year with three key FA's - JC, Carlos and Rocky

Some other things:

The Lions' Louis Delmas is a fearless head-hunter @safety. His style of play reminds me of Sean Taylor. He's tough and has fun playing ball.

Lets not get ahead of ourselves Rosey...

and...

Dolphins' owner Stephen Ross is very creative and reminds me of Jerry Jones and Dan Snyder with his innovative vision.

Poor fins fans :(

But yeah, the first two are the main ones. I'm glad JC and Moss are working together, again, hopefully it translate to the field, and I guess I'm reading too much into it but I REALLY hope contract negotiations havent stalled with Rocky as they seemed very close just a few weeks ago.

http://twitter.com/RosenhausSports

a few more today (5/25):

Mike Sellers is hopeful the Redskins will recognize his pro bowl season in 2008 by rewarding him with an upgraded contract extension.
London Fletcher is an ageless wonder. His production and durability are amazing. He deserves a pro bowl berth at least once in his career.

The last person I would trust to give an objective assessment of a player is that player's agent... especially when he's speaking publicly.

That said, I hope Moss is working with Campbell and they begin to develop that understanding and timing that is special. I hope Rocky takes another step up and proves himself a monster linebacker.

Unless McIntosh has a big year, he's gone. His performance to this point isn't worth the contract he'll be looking for. Plus, the guy has knee issues.

Way to put the cherry on top of our huge ass ice cream float of linebacking issues

The last person I would trust to give an objective assessment of a player is that player's agent... especially when he's speaking publicly.

Agreed.

"Inside information" about player improvement from an agent is like campaign promises from a politician.

Sounds good now, but wait 6 months to test for accuracy.

I'm not even buying into what Rosenhaus is saying, but on the topic of Rocky I think he'll have a solid year if he stays healthy and will probbaly sign an extension at some point. Didn't we trade up to get him in '06? I think we have too much invested in him to give on him after three seasons

Remember that all three of those guys (Campbell, Rogers, and McIntosh) will not be UFAs if the CBA is not extended. They would be RFAs that would only require a small tender to essentially retain the rights to them.

Now, the CBA will probably get worked out, with the majority of effort coming in the last few weeks, like last time. However, it's something to keep in mind.

Do you have a link to his musings?

http://twitter.com/RosenhausSports

a few more today:

Mike Sellers is hopeful the Redskins will recognize his pro bowl season in 2008 by rewarding him with an upgraded contract extension.
London Fletcher is an ageless wonder. His production and durability are amazing. He deserves a pro bowl berth at least once in his career.

I think that everybody knows that Sellers has this message board and a few others to thank for his Pro Bowl. At one point last year we had like 75% of the positions in the voting but once everybody started voting for their teams we lost most of them. Fullback isn't exactly a position that people are trying real hard to get their guy in though.

With all the players that drew has with the redskins, you'd think he would give us a whole sale discount.

I think snyder gives him a discount i mean padding Drew says how about a 7 yr 50 million contact and snyder goes how about 7 yr 90 million Drew says deal.

Archived