Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fed Ex friendly (for the most part) to opposing fans?

NOLASKINSFAN

So I live in New Orleans and I'm gonna try to land some tickets to the skins/ Saints game on Dec. 6th... Yeah I know it is forever away, but I'm pumped lol. My buddy coming with me is a huge Saints fan, Just wondering what the fans are like to opposing fans :chair: (when they don't outnumber us like pittsburg). Like if he wore his Drew Brees jersey. I've never been to fedex, but I remember RFK wasn't too too bad. Nothing like when I went to the Vet.

As long as he doesnt act like a jackass, nothing will happen to him

I've sat upper deck, lower bowl, and in the obstructed view seats, and the only time I've seen an opposing fan get harmed was in the Miami opener in 2007 and he was pouring beer on a skins fan

In the parking lot, I often see opposing fans/redskins fans tailgating together...I'd say your friend will be safe

I was at the Skins - Cards game, the season before last and there was a guy wearing a tony Romo sits to pee jersey....All he did was talk trash about how the cowboys are gonna stomp the skins....I can see if the cowgirls were playing but they weren't!!

I just told him he was a idiot and go somewhere else for attention...Pardon my french but....He was a douchebag!

It certainly is nothing like eagle fans at the Vet or to a lesser extent at the Linc. But we have our share of idiots, especially when they get drunk.

I've had to come to the defense of two opposing team fans over the past three years. One a cowgirl fan and the other a Ram fan. Both were completely behaving themselves just sitting there. Neither was even standing and clapping for their team when they could have been. Both were trying to keep to themselves and enjoy the game. Both both had to put up with Redskins idiot fans who were so intoxicated they were being threatening and vulgar. Trashtalking is one thing; threatening and vulgar are totally unnecessary.

Having said this...your buddy is reasonably safe as long as he can accept a little trash talking and ignore the drunks. We don't have a lot of them but there are a few.

Oh....both Skins fans were eventually tossed. One of them was so plastered and out of control, he shoved the MD trooper. His butt was dragged out rather harshly.....:evilg:

The only game I've been to was vs. Dallass on MNF. I saw a few people be what I deemed a little to harsh towards Cowboy fans than what they deserved; then again, they're our biggest rivals. Plus, Dallas won, so the worst element of their fans showed up out in the parking lot.

I went to the Home game last year when we played the saints..and lol man the Skins fans were letting the Saints fans have it. Was a great win. At first it was just good natured heckling/trash talk, but it eventually got personal. There are all kinds of folks out there...some civilized, some not, just depends on who you're sitting around that day. ahhhhh the cave.

Yeah, I hear ya on that. I'm all about trash talking but just was wondering if it gets worse than that routinely.

my roommate is a Saints (Aints) fan and out here in SD we have a big Skins bar. he came down immediately after in his Duece jersey and just walked right in. everyone started immediately jawing but while we were tipping beers and buying each other shots.

you arent in our division and we have no real rivalry with you. i rooted for leigh torrance when he went down there and renaldo too. i like drew brees and sean payton is a good coach.

but come whatever week we play i will be talking as much trash as possible...with a smile on my face and a beer in my hand.

As long as your friend isnt obnoxious about being a saints fan he should be fine. probably get heckled all game long, but unless you are near a obnoxious drunk you should be fine.

If it gets too bad get up and move seats. offer to trade seats with someone higher up than you and most of the time they will accept.

Not if you sit near me and act a fool!

I've been to a game down in New Orleans, very friendly people even with me in my Skins garb .. so Saints fans are alright with me.. plus you all hate dallas as much as we do :D

HTTR

I don't understand the point of being a jackass to somebody just because they don't root for the same team. Sure, heckle them and trash talk, but getting really confrontational about things is just so stupid.

Say what you may of the Skins as a team ... Their fans are loyal, intelligent, and MOST importantly civilized.

We certainly are a class apart when compared to the Oakland hooligans!

Archived