Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fed Ex friendly (for the most part) to opposing fans?

NOLASKINSFAN

Your friend will be as safe & welcome as at any stadium anywhere, including the Superdome.

The thing about FedEx Field is that it's large enough (90K seats) to accomodate all comers. There'll be lots of Saints fans there, so your friend won't be alone.

It was a lot different at RFK (56K seats). Outsiders couldn't get in.

Your buddy might be happier after the game than you. I believe Snyder is jinxed. Everyone he fired came back to beat the Redskins. Norv Turner did it with a pathetic Raiders team. Al Saunders did it last year with a pathetic Rams team.

Gregg Williams is the Saints' DC and that's a good team.

Oops.

i went to the most recent skins - saints game at the super dome and i gotta say, any trash talk you've received down there (mainly on that upper deck parking lot) is harsher than anything a respectful opposing fan will ever hear up here. maybe a few "you suck"'s but thats about it.

Very few opposing fans even drive through F-51.

We have had that place locked down for the past 7 years.

Eagle, Cowboy, Giant games get nasty.

Steeler game last year got nasty.

But last year we saw the fewest opposing fans from non division games.

Even the Eagle fans last year were the fewest in numbers ive seen in a while.

But to answer the thread starter, aint no freindly FedEx in Green lot F-51 to opposing fans.

Period.

I know some fans take pride in their stadiums being obnoxious if not down right dangerous to opposing fans, but RFK nor Fedex has ever been that way and I for one would never want it to be... class goes a long way to me... though the home team needing a silent count on their own field was a bit much...

Shouldn't be a problem. New Orleans was one of the tamer games last season; I don't think the fans really get amped up for any confrontations until the divisional games. I mean, I exchanged words with some Saints fans, but that's all they were, words, and they were all said with smiles.

I've been a season ticket holder for two years now, and I think there's been all of maybe 2-3 fights total in my section or those adjacent. The only way your friend is going to have any trouble is if the Saints are winning/win and he starts firing off his mouth.

Of it's during the game and he's not doing anything, and some drunk tries to start up with him, chances are other Skins fans in the area will try to help out to some degree and keep the situation under control. I've noticed that if the police have to get involved, someone is leaving, so don't worry about it too much.

I brought my roommate (eagles fan) to the dallas game last year...she got heckled a little for bein an eagles fan, but the fact that she hates dallas made it not so bad.

I think dallas eagles and giants fans probably get it worse than any other fans (as they should) but in all honesty, I'd say FedEx is pretty fan friendly, minus a couple of drunk *******s, but what stadium doesn't have those?

Besides, it's fun to talk a lil ****. As long as he realizes that if he dishes it out, he better be able to take it, he'll be fine :D

I'd say FedEx is pretty fan friendly, minus a couple of drunk *******s, but what stadium doesn't have those?

Besides, it's fun to talk a lil ****. As long as he realizes that if he dishes it out, he better be able to take it, he'll be fine :D

I totally agree. A little friendly trash talking is OK, but I wouldn't want FedEx to be anything like Philly. I went to the New Year's Day game a few years ago and was actually AFRAID to go to the bathroom. That's not cool.

I'm a giants fan living in DC. Last year I made it to my first game ever, the giants @ skins (obviously). I went with a buddy of mine (skins fan) and I gotta say, with the exception of two people behind me (and even they weren't really that bad) it was a very pleasant experience. No one was exceptionally rude, and I was able to root for my team in comfort.

Thanks skins fans! I'll see you next year!

i'm going to go on a limb and say everyone who thinks it is a bad idea for your buddy to come to the game is probably under 25 and a giagantic loser who probably wears their hat crooked (flat brim, WITH authentic stickers) and sags their pants.

have fun - don't worry about the douchebags.

I'm a giants fan living in DC. Last year I made it to my first game ever, the giants @ skins (obviously). I went with a buddy of mine (skins fan) and I gotta say, with the exception of two people behind me (and even they weren't really that bad) it was a very pleasant experience. No one was exceptionally rude, and I was able to root for my team in comfort.

Thanks skins fans! I'll see you next year!

Perfect Example of why there should be a little less hospitality extended to opposing fans visiting OUR stadium!

I'm not saying we have to :chair: them to submission but we can make the experience not so damn nice!

I went to the skins vs jags game in jax a few years ago and for the most part there fans were cool their were a few drunk douchebags that wanted to fight leaving the game even though they won but I just ignored them and kept walking I've also went to florida vs florida st games in tallahassee wearing gator garb and had a great time usually if a fan becomes violent at a football game it's either because he's really drunk or really retarded in either case you can probably kick his ass if you need to

I don't understand the point of being a jackass to somebody just because they don't root for the same team. Sure, heckle them and trash talk, but getting really confrontational about things is just so stupid.

Unfortunately there isn't an IQ requirement to attend games. I'm all for some friendly trash talking but I'm not going to assault, physically or verbally, another human being because they like a different football team than I do. I usually only get to see 2-3 games at FedEx a year, and this year even less as I attend school in GA now (I'll be at the Falcons game though) but my friends and I like to tailgate and are more than accomodating to other fans. Last year at the Giants game where it poured the whole day we even helped the Giants fans next to us get their tent set up and traded some food back and forth.

There's no reason not to be civil just because of a game that none of us are even playing in. I love to give opposing fans a hard time but I have no problem tailgating with them, talking to them about football, or coming to their defense when drunk ignorant fans want to make it personal.

Archived