Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Blog: Anthony Alridge, As Fast As Advertised

TheLongshot

If he was so fast and great, then why did Denver cut him? They didn't have a running game for about half the season there with everyone on IR. Just asking. And I do hope he makes it and takes over PR duties from ARE.

He was on IR his rookie year but i dont know if that the reason why he got cut

I agree. Hopefully he can be the game breaker this team needs. Hell, he might not even make the team, but nothing wrong with hoping.

That the reason redskins need to say forget about good locker room guys in Trash, cartwright and Betts and say the most talent win the roster spot

So Denver was bringing in every RB with two legs to compete except Alridge? (A guy who apparently "they had no tape on"---despite the fact he was a member of their own freaking team).

This is silly. And the earlier poster hit it. This is "Mix is tall" all over again.

I am interested in seeing what this guy brings to the table, and maybe he will be a developmental player. But to start talking about cutting Betts for this guy because of one attribute (Mix is tall!) is ridiculous. You don't plan the future of the team around unproven nobodies whose only claim to fame is one physical attribute.

This post isnt even bringing Marcus Mason into the discussion at all.

My roster would look like this

1) Portis

2) Mason

3) Cartwright/Aldridge depending on who looks better in camp

I was just about to post something like, "What about Mason?!" Now I have to ask, "What about Betts?"

Wasn't Cliff Russell fast? Anybody remember him being anything but the worst player the Redskins ever drafted?

Yeah, so horrible that he was still in the league last year returning kicks for the Broncos. :rolleyes:

Granted, he never lived up to a 3rd round grade, but he has made himself valuable as a special teams player. That still makes him better than Andre Johnson, who probably was the worst player the Redskins ever drafted.

That the reason redskins need to say forget about good locker room guys in Trash, cartwright and Betts and say the most talent win the roster spot

Thrash, Cartwright and Betts make the team year after year because they beat out their competitors, plain and simple. You make it sound like teams reserves slots for nice guys.

Guys like Thrash and Cartwright out-prepare, outwork, out-practice, and out-play the guys trying to take their spots on the roster. Other guys should learn from that. It'll make them better players and make the team better. That's what "locker room guys" do.

Yeah, so horrible that he was still in the league last year returning kicks for the Broncos. :rolleyes:

Granted, he never lived up to a 3rd round grade, but he has made himself valuable as a special teams player. That still makes him better than Andre Johnson, who probably was the worst player the Redskins ever drafted.

Whoa, I didn't know Cliff Russell was still playing... Interesting.

Wow dude, you're totally right. Just look at these mind-boggling stats!!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=3615

My turn. :rolleyes:

Perhaps you weren't watching the same Russell I was during the Spurrier experiment that went woefully awry. Russell was a disaster.

My point?

He got by on his speed reputation.

Archived