Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Blog: Anthony Alridge, As Fast As Advertised

TheLongshot

I think one of three things will happen (assuming Aldridge is good and not injured):

1) we cut Rock and keep Portis, Betts, Aldridge

2) we trade Betts and keep Portis, Aldridge, Rock

3) we cut Betts and keep Portis, Aldridge, Rock.

Only one "D" in Alridge. I just found out not too long ago myself, that it wasn't spelled "Aldridge".

We need some of the out with the old, in with the new. Sorry RB Rock, Sorry PR Thrash, its time for change. As much as i respect them for their clean nose work ethic public relations etc, they just typify mediocrity. Through simple hard work they stay on the team and take spots of potential game breaker speed types like Aldridge.

Wow dude, you're totally right. Just look at these mind-boggling stats!!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=3615

My turn. :rolleyes:

Perhaps you weren't watching the same Russell I was during the Spurrier experiment that went woefully awry. Russell was a disaster.

My point?

He got by on his speed reputation.

You were the one who said "worst ever draft pick by the Redskins". That's was what I was refuting.

Considering that he's still in the league after all of these years negates that statement, and nowhere near tops Andre Johnson for worst pick, a 1st round pick who was one year and done with the NFL. At least Russell has found a way to be useful in the NFL.

Yeah, so horrible that he was still in the league last year returning kicks for the Broncos. :rolleyes:

Granted, he never lived up to a 3rd round grade, but he has made himself valuable as a special teams player. That still makes him better than Andre Johnson, who probably was the worst player the Redskins ever drafted.

Cal Rossi was the worst. Goes way back. Skins spent two #1 picks on him in consecutive years, then he decided not to play pro football.

Is this going to be like "Mix is tall"?

I mean.....does he really have a shot to make the roster? really?

OMG in heaven, this was a great piece on a guy that our team picked up that just happens to be super fast and great with kids.

Way to kick it off on a possitive note.:doh:

If he was so fast and great, then why did Denver cut him? They didn't have a running game for about half the season there with everyone on IR. Just asking. And I do hope he makes it and takes over PR duties from ARE.

Aldridge was on IR from preseason. This guy is the real deal. I hope he makes the team because he gives us another dynamic. Google some footage of him... if there is any.

We need some of the out with the old, in with the new. Sorry RB Rock, Sorry PR Thrash, its time for change. As much as i respect them for their clean nose work ethic public relations etc, they just typify mediocrity. Through simple hard work they stay on the team and take spots of potential game breaker speed types like Aldridge.

Honestly, I couldn't agree more. It even goes to the defensive side of the ball when you talk about possibly Boschetti, I don't think he's still on the roster but he's a guy who makes zero impact on this football team besides a friend in the lockeroom. We can have guys who are friends while bringing impact to this football team no doubt. I look for one of these HB's to make the roster, Jansen, Thrash, and Rock should all be gone and throw in a young talented player in the position.

If he was so fast and great, then why did Denver cut him? They didn't have a running game for about half the season there with everyone on IR. Just asking. And I do hope he makes it and takes over PR duties from ARE.

Who said he was great ?

He's fast.

But speed alone doesn't make one a great football player.

He certainly deserves a shot. I had the chance to see him with the Broncos during preseason last year and he looked REALLY good. He a change of pace guy and, if you can get him in space the way Denver did, he's capable of going all the way. He did have a great senior year at Houston with almost 1600 yards. He may have only been second-team all conference in Conference USA but the guys in front of him were Matt Forte(Bears), Kevin Smith(Lions) and Chris Johnson(Titans), a pretty impressive group.

I'm just hoping Aldridge or Dorsey can fill a hole as a KR/Special Teamer/occasional 3rd down back. Unseating Rock may be next to impossible but there's always the Practice Squad and you never know when an injury (God forbid) can happen.

He certainly deserves a shot. I had the chance to see him with the Broncos during preseason last year and he looked REALLY good. He a change of pace guy and, if you can get him in space the way Denver did, he's capable of going all the way. He did have a great senior year at Houston with almost 1600 yards. He may have only been second-team all conference in Conference USA but the guys in front of him were Matt Forte(Bears), Kevin Smith(Lions) and Chris Johnson(Titans), a pretty impressive group.

I'm just hoping Aldridge or Dorsey can fill a hole as a KR/Special Teamer/occasional 3rd down back. Unseating Rock may be next to impossible but there's always the Practice Squad and you never know when an injury (God forbid) can happen.

This guy did his homework. You are right, those other guys were in CUSA at the same time as well. Another good thing about alridge is that he's a natural WR that was switch to play RB. He would be a great 3rd down back that can catch out of the backfield.

Let me see how many RB's can run a wheel route this quick:

I think one of three things will happen (assuming Aldridge is good and not injured):

1) we cut Rock and keep Portis, Betts, Aldridge

2) we trade Betts and keep Portis, Aldridge, Rock

3) we cut Betts and keep Portis, Aldridge, Rock.

But we're not even talking about Dorsey who is also a threat. If he can have an explosive preseason, then we may get rid of both Rock and Betts. I don't see that happening though.

If we were to cut or trade Betts I think it would've been before the draft. I don't see any scenario where they go into the season with Athony Aldridge and Rock Cartwright as your backs splitting carries if Portis gets injured. Although I would like him to make the team as a 4th back perhaps, or if they cut Rock like you mentioned.

Rock nor Betts are not that fast or capable of this guy Aldridge game breaking ability in the back field. In the open field there is nothing like Aldridge on this team in the back field. This is what this team need an infusion of young players that can push the veteran starting back. It is not like Betts can take over for Portis now compared to that one good year Betts had in 06.

Archived