Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WSJ: White House Czar Calls for End to "War On Drugs"

StillUnknown

Wow, I am surprised. A liberal vice president with a daughter caught time after time getting her snort on and an open former user of Cocaine who is the leader of the free world who embraces the far left morally corrupt segment of the party believes responsiblity is a four letter word.

Who would have thunk it?

My co workers have always known if they fail a drug urinalysis test they will then be free to pursue employment elsewhere.

I'll bet you could. However, I have no faith that the government would limit health care expenses after legalizing drugs. This is why I want to see it in writing that I won't be paying for this crap before I sign off on legalization.
:coach: WHAT WE HAVE NOW IS EVEN MORE CRAP!!! :coach:

If I have to pay either way, I prefer not legalizing it. If I don't have to pay when legalized, I'm willing to consider it.

Even though incarceration, by many estimates, costs over 10 times as much? (And still doesn't work?)

:coach: WHAT WE HAVE NOW IS EVEN MORE CRAP!!! :coach:

I don't necessarily disagree. I also don't think drugs are good for people, and I can see increased treatment and rehab costs down the road if legalized. All I ask is to not be involved with that cost before we discuss legalizing these drugs. Honestly, if people want it legalized so bad, and it's going to make all this new money from tax revenue, why not sign off on that?

I also don't think drugs are good for people

I don't think it's good for other people to say "this is bad for you" as openly as people feel the need to do so. We all do **** that's bad for us but some things people are so quick to butt in and say how it's bad for you. Lets let he without sin start casting stones.

So, if you DO have to pay, you'd rather pay to keep them locked up than to treat them? :wtf:

Yeah its not like they are sooo stupid to not know its illegal to use it though I should revisit my opinion on that since you have to be a DOPE to use the stuff.

My co workers have always known if they fail a drug urinalysis test they will then be free to pursue employment elsewhere.

If your still serving you have to admit the Navy's "random" policy is a complete joke. I remember going years without a drug test. In 8 years serving I got tested 2ce after A school. I knew so many pot heads in the Navy it was funny to us. Why a job has the right to do these illegal searches is beyond me. People just love to tell other people how they are supposed to live. Drug tests are an invasion of privacy and I refuse to work for any freaking company that wants to hold that threat over my head and tell me how to live. I'm happy to work for an amazing company that doesn't test. No one should test anyone peroid. It's bull****

I don't think it's good for other people to say "this is bad for you" as openly as people feel the need to do so. We all do **** that's bad for us but some things people are so quick to butt in and say how it's bad for you. Lets let he without sin start casting stones.

Which is why I said that I would be willing to discuss legalization. I am not in favor of banning drugs because they are "bad", or even that they cause harm to people. I am in favor of banning them (right now) because by legalizing them I'll be on the hook for treatment and rehab costs for idiots who chose to use drugs.

You want rights, I don't want the responsibility.

If your still serving you have to admit the Navy's "random" policy is a complete joke. I remember going years without a drug test. In 8 years serving I got tested 2ce after A school. I knew so many pot heads in the Navy it was funny to us. Why a job has the right to do these illegal searches is beyond me. People just love to tell other people how they are supposed to live. Drug tests are an invasion of privacy and I refuse to work for any freaking company that wants to hold that threat over my head and tell me how to live. I'm happy to work for an amazing company that doesn't test. No one should test anyone peroid. It's bull****

Because you don't have a right to a job. You are there at the pleasure of the owner. If you don't like the policy, you are free to leave, or not sign up in the first place. I'm sure plenty of businesses do not have those policies, and you are free to work for them. But an owner has to also think about the image of the company, liability, and productivity. Not just how you feel about his policies.

Which is why I said that I would be willing to discuss legalization. I am not in favor of banning drugs because they are "bad", or even that they cause harm to people. I am in favor of banning them (right now) because by legalizing them I'll be on the hook for treatment and rehab costs for idiots who chose to use drugs.

You want rights, I don't want the responsibility.

You don't think your already on the "hook" now for the cost of this bs drug war? What about the price for health care, the price for police, the price for jails, and so on. What you should see right now is that having it illegal costs more then it would be to legalize it. People have shown that something illegal doesn't stop them from doing it. So your paying for it anyway but if the government were smart they'd admit defeat and get in on the action of selling it. That alone would offset any costs associated with more rehabs and treatment. Think about this

I'm in the private sector now where my guys are tested and no, where I was stationed testing wasn't a joke since I ran it and people didn't know about them until that morning (twice a week) and no one couldn't leave the compound.

Everyone was tested atleast monthly under my charge.

There are plenty of companies who would love people to bypass them if they put drug use above the company.

All it takes for that irresponsible company of yours to change its stance is an accident where its employee was found under the influence and its lawsuit time.

You don't think your already on the "hook" now for the cost of this bs drug war? What about the price for health care, the price for police, the price for jails, and so on. What you should see right now is that having it illegal costs more then it would be to legalize it. People have shown that something illegal doesn't stop them from doing it. So your paying for it anyway but if the government were smart they'd admit defeat and get in on the action of selling it. That alone would offset any costs associated with more rehabs and treatment. Think about this

Then it shouldn't be too hard to keep me from paying any of the assoicated costs of legalization. People who push legalization keep saying that the taxes from selling it will offset any costs. GREAT! Just put it in writing so that when those taxes go to pay for other things (like cigarette taxes) I won't get stuck with the bill. At that point, I will be perfectly happy to discuss legalization.

I'll bet you could. However, I have no faith that the government would limit health care expenses after legalizing drugs. This is why I want to see it in writing that I won't be paying for this crap before I sign off on legalization.

I could also make a great case that you're paying more for healthcare treatment of drug users right now than you would under the proper legalization method, because the number of drug users would actually be reduced. But I think Portugal does that for me pretty well.

I'm in the private sector now where my guys are tested and no, where I was stationed testing wasn't a joke since I ran it and people didn't know about them until that morning (twice a week) and no one couldn't leave the compound.

Everyone was tested atleast monthly under my charge.

I'll come straight out and say I don't believe this crap for a minute. When was the Navy testing every one twice a week once a month? That never happened when I was in. Hell no. Maybe you treated your sailors that poorly but overall every where I was an all of the ships I was on never did that. Not once. If your really 48 then guessing you went in when you were 18 puts you in the Navy when they allowed weed smoking. When were you in?

Then it shouldn't be too hard to keep me from paying any of the assoicated costs of legalization. People who push legalization keep saying that the taxes from selling it will offset any costs. GREAT! Just put it in writing so that when those taxes go to pay for other things (like cigarette taxes) I won't get stuck with the bill. At that point, I will be perfectly happy to discuss legalization.

When in the hell has our Government ever put anything in writing? Get real dude, your living in a fantasy world

When in the hell has our Government ever put anything in writing? Get real dude, your living in a fantasy world

Every time they pass a law, it is in writing. Pass a law that ceases public funding of health care. That should do it.

Don't get me wrong. I'm really empathetic to your cause of freely shooting up. It's just not as high on my "Government Overstepping its Bounds" list as other things.

News flash, Gus. (Skins reference, there.)

There are no costs associated with legalization.

Drug treatment costs less than drug incarceration.

You're already paying for a massive government program that costs far more than legalization, and is less effective.

We could just shoot them,it cuts down on the co2 and reduces our carbon footprint and energy needs....as well as being cheaper than prison or rehab.

Heck,we could even harvest their body parts for spares if they ain't too far gone.:gap:

News flash, Gus. (Skins reference, there.)

There are no costs associated with legalization.

Drug treatment costs less than drug incarceration.

You're already paying for a massive government program that costs far more than legalization, and is less effective.

Great, then it shouldn't be any trouble to ensure it stays that way by not funding treatment and rehab with public money. If people want to kill themselves off, so be it. Their right, their responsibility.

While they're at it, just legalize murder and theft and those recources could be freed up too.

Seriously, how far do you go in legalizing stuff just because prison and fines no longer becomes a deterant and it gets expensive.

I know this will get blasted, but if you really think about it......

While they're at it, just legalize murder and theft and those recources could be freed up too.

Seriously, how far do you go in legalizing stuff just because prison and fines no longer becomes a deterant and it gets expensive.

I know this will get blasted, but if you really think about it......

If you really think about it, you realize how STUPID it is if you can't tell the difference between killing SOMEONE else or stealing FROM SOMEONE ELSE and using drugs in YOUR OWN BODY.

Great, then it shouldn't be any trouble to ensure it stays that way by not funding treatment and rehab with public money. If people want to kill themselves off, so be it. Their right, their responsibility.

OK, I get it.

You don't care if the present system isn't working.

You don't care if the proposal (which hasn't even been made) is both cheaper and more effective.

You've got a delusional Talking Point, and you're going to keep repeating it.

"There's no place like home. There's no place like home."

Got it.

Archived