Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bleacher Report: Robert Henson could become a "Special" Player

WhoRUSupposed2Be

His mama dropped em on his head and now he thinks he's a loaf of bread...

stephen lynch special ed- for any of you who dont know .....

But i do like our teams recent success with late round picks .....Golston Monty Blades Horton Doughty all have contributed on sunday would love to see either him or Rob Jackson make an impact this year ...

Glad to see some optimism for Henson. From the rating bios I read after the draft and comments made at the time of the pick, many seemed to think Henson would be available as an undrafted free agent and the Redskins could have made another selection and still signed Henson after Round 7 was completed.

I think he can make the team too. He's a good player and he looks like a solid draft choice. Way better than Cody Glenn. I feel like the only reasons we picked him is because he's fast and we needed an outside linebacker. I liked his answers to the questions and his enthusiasm for special teams too.

What an asset London Fletcher is for our team, especially since we have so many new faces at linebacker. He's been one of if not our best free-agent acquisitions of the past 25 years.

He's been one of if not our best free-agent acquisitions of the past 25 years.

Has free agency even been around for 25 years? I like Henson, he looks like a player. Much better than the Dallas Sartz and Robert McCune picks of a few years back.

Wuzzz you talking bout fool? ;)

Don't take this the wrong way, and I'm only wondering this out of curiosity, but is English your first language? I've read several of your posts before and noticed that you have an unusual syntax and use a lot of malapropisms.

I know we have a handful of foreign posters on the forums, so I thought you might be one too. I don't want to sound like a dick if it's not the case, but you've got the same kind of style as someone whose mother tongue involves a free word order like some of the Russian students I knew at college who had only studied English for a few years.

Either way it's no biggie, I enjoy your posts. Keep 'em coming. :cool:

Has free agency even been around for 25 years? I like Henson, he looks like a player. Much better than the Dallas Sartz and Robert McCune picks of a few years back.

You know what? I think you're right. I have no idea when free agency started. The cap was instituted in the early-mid '90's so it had to have been before that. It probably came after it was instituted in Baseball. For some reason I could have sworn we signed Sam Huff as a free agent back in the '60's but we probably traded for him.

Edit: I just looked it up. Apparently free agency in one form or another was created in 1989. So I don't remember an era of football that didn't have the institution.

Then in 1993, something called "plan a free agency" went into effect and this is the system we use today.

This doesn't pertain to undrafted free agents but veterans with expiring contracts. As far as I know, signing undrafted free agents goes way back.

Don't take this the wrong way, and I'm only wondering this out of curiosity, but is English your first language? I've read several of your posts before and noticed that you have an unusual syntax and use a lot of malapropisms.

I know we have a handful of foreign posters on the forums, so I thought you might be one too. I don't want to sound like a dick if it's not the case, but you've got the same kind of style as someone whose mother tongue involves a free word order like some of the Russian students I knew at college who had only studied English for a few years.

Either way it's no biggie, I enjoy your posts. Keep 'em coming. :cool:

I will try to work on my English just for you. :thumbsup:

All kidding aside though, it depends on what speak mood that I am currently in.

You know what? I think you're right. I have no idea when free agency started. The cap was instituted in the early-mid '90's so it had to have been before that. It probably came after it was instituted in Baseball. For some reason I could have sworn we signed Sam Huff as a free agent back in the '60's but we probably traded for him.

Edit: I just looked it up. Apparently free agency in one form or another was created in 1989. So I don't remember an era of football that didn't have the institution.

Then in 1993, something called "plan a free agency" went into effect and this is the system we use today.

This doesn't pertain to undrafted free agents but veterans with expiring contracts. As far as I know, signing undrafted free agents goes way back.

You guys are making me feel old. I definitely remember the days of no free agency.

We got Wilber Marshall via Plan B free agency. Had to give up two first-round draft picks to get him...and it was a landmark move at the time. He was first player to switch teams via free agency in a very long time. I say he was worth the picks, a huge part of 1991 Super Bowl season.

I think the Sam Huff call is right though. Not sure about the history of NFL free agency...seems like they had it for a while, then it went away. Definitely not a part of the game in my early days of fanhood though.

Archived