Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SI's Best and Worst Owners

MattFancy

I don't think he deserved to be the 3rd worst in the NFL. I don't think he's a great owner, but there are certainly worse.

Edit: Read what they wrote about Cuban and the read Snyder's again. What's the difference between the two? Yeah Cuban has had a little more success, but neither have one a championship.

I don't think he deserved to be the 3rd worst in the NFL. I don't think he's a great owner, but there are certainly worse.

Edit: Read what they wrote about Cuban and the read Snyder's again. What's the difference between the two? Yeah Cuban has had a little more success, but neither have one a championship.

I could be wrong but Im pretty sure the Mavs have the best regular season record over the past ten years and have made the playoffs like 9 out of 10 or 8 out of the past 10 years. What have the Redskins done?

Any man who's running a franchise that has half again the value of the Steelers (owned by the best apparently) is doing something right.

SI, if you are going to criticize owners for being too involved how does Jerry Jones escape your scrutiny?

Stop with the excuses. Skeletor has won 3 Super Bowls. Danny might be great at lining his pockets but putting a winner on the field?? Not so much.

I could be wrong but Im pretty sure the Mavs have the best regular season record over the past ten years and have made the playoffs like 9 out of 10 or 8 out of the past 10 years. What have the Redskins done?

I'm just talking about in terms of championships. Both are owners who like to get involved with their teams. Yeah the Mavs have had success in the regular season, but still they haven't on a championship. We've made the playoffs under Snyder and have no championships either. Whats the difference in the owners?

In business terms that increase in value and profit are indisputable signs of success.

In football terms just look at the team's W/L record.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm a fan of the football team and not the business team. In my book he's a bad owner so far and I can only hope he gets better or leaves.

I think there's a stark difference between 1999-2003/4 and 2005- today. In the past 5 years, we've only had one "bad" offseason (2006), and that was not due to Snyder. Archuletta replacing Ryan Clark is on two people, the first being Gregg Williams, who was ****y enough in his scheme to come to the assessment that Clark was replaceable and wanted an Archuletta type of player , and pushed for him. The second is on Vinny, who has said publicly many times that letting Ryan Clark go is one of his many regrets, and blames himself on that.

As for the B LLoyd/Randle El deals, those are a mix of Gibbs/Saunders being greedy thinking they can recreate the greatest show on turf. Gave up waaaay too much for BL, and overpaid for Randle El, obviously.

2009 is the first "true" Dan Snyder-esque offseasons in the past 5 years where he goes for the big name guy for big bucks. The difference is the fact that he now supports youth, he values the draft a bit more (refused to give up 2010 first, wasn't willing to mortgage future to get Sanchez), and got players in positions of dire need. Obviously this could still be a bust offseason, but this is much different than 2000. He is learning.

Typical media B.S.! I would rather have Snyder than any other owner! He will at least spend money and attempt to win! The Eagles at #3 is a joke as he would not buy popcorn for his grandchild at the game.

Any man who's running a franchise that has half again the value of the Steelers (owned by the best apparently) is doing something right.

SI, if you are going to criticize owners for being too involved how does Jerry Jones escape your scrutiny?

I was (or maybe I wasn't) surprised to not see Jerry Jones on that list. Talk about running your organization like a fantasy football league.

They mention the whole charging to attend training camp deal. While thought he was at best a cheapskate **** for charging to attend training camp, he did stop.

Ok... the reason was to keep away scouts from other teams (otherwise he'd probably still be charging), but he did stop.

Stop with the excuses. Skeletor has won 3 Super Bowls.

So what?

Al Davis has won Super Bowls as the owner of the Raiders as well, but he was named the WORST owner.

So again, how was Jerry Jones left off the list?

Snyder certainly isn't tops, but he is FAR FAR from third worst.

yeah, its called buying a winning investment.

All Snyder's doing is harping on JKC's successes.

So what?

Al Davis has won Super Bowls as the owner of the Raiders as well, but he was named the WORST owner.

So again, how was Jerry Jones left off the list?

Snyder certainly isn't tops, but he is FAR FAR from third worst.

yeah especially because it says they take into consideration an owners willingness to spend money and then they bash snyder for spending money. doesn't make sense to me

This is from the writeup about the Bengals:

"Despite 14 straight losing seasons, the junior Brown refuses to hire a GM, a stubborn stance that's the first target of scorn from the long-suffering fans."

Ok, I'm not denying that the BUngles need a good GM, they obviously do.

But I'm pretty sure they haven't had 14 straight losing seasons. Haven't they gone 8-8 a few times and even made the playoffs a couple times in the Marvin Lewis/Carson Palmer era?

Am I going crazy or is SI just seeming more and more shoddy lately when it comes to reporting facts?

This is from the writeup about the Bengals:

"Despite 14 straight losing seasons, the junior Brown refuses to hire a GM, a stubborn stance that's the first target of scorn from the long-suffering fans."

Ok, I'm not denying that the BUngles need a good GM, they obviously do.

But I'm pretty sure they haven't had 14 straight losing seasons. Haven't they gone 8-8 a few times and even made the playoffs a couple times in the Marvin Lewis/Carson Palmer era?

Am I going crazy or is SI just seeming more and more shoddy lately when it comes to reporting facts?

I'm pretty sure they won the divison in 2005/2006 when Palmer tore his ACL

Archived