Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Predict our 2009 record after the draft (Game by Game)

Rexrode21

the skins offense will most likely be an utter joke. everyone in the campbell camp thinks our oline sucks, and it didnt get touched, so it should still (in their opinions) suck. everyone in the not campbell camp thinks campbell sucks and hes going to be the starter, so (in their opinions) he should still suck.

both of our weaknesses (oline and campbell) or whichever one you perceive as a weakness has not been touched. so we should continue to suck on offense lol.

@Giants - L

I always expect us to lose 3 divisional games, so this year I think we'll sweep Dallas and get swept by NY and split with Philthy. The Chargers and Panthers games will be tough and could really come out either way so I'm going with L's because I'm usually a pessimist.

So hopefully I'm right and we finish at 11-5... and even if we get swept by the Eagles it leaves us at 10-6 which should still allow us to back up into the Wild Card spot along with another NFC East team.

Well I agree with much of what you are saying but this Philly worship must stop. Okay, on to the season:

The key here is that first game. I think the Redskins MUST win that game. The road to the NFC EAST runs right through New York. If the Redskins want a championship, they MUST win that first game....PERIOD. I think they do and here is why.

Last year the Skins defense played very well, even with a hurt Jason Taylor on one leg, and with Plaxico catching about 8 balls, whenever he felt like it. Springs was out. Rogers was still 90%, and there was no Hall. Fast forward to this year's opening game.

We have Hall and a healthy Rogers. Haynesworth and Daniels now inhabit the Defensive line and nobody is going to run on that group. Orakpo brings speed and his job is to run after Eli Manning and keep him on the move all night long. Without Plaxico, and without a running game, the Giants offense will sputter. I will give them 10 points on opening day. I am generous.

Our offense scored ONE touchdown last year on opening day, this year a better offensive line, better receiving core, and a QB who is more comfortable with the system in year 2...will result in 2 Touchdowns and possibly a field goal or 2.

In all other games, I see possible losses IN Philly, Carolina, and at San Diego unless the Chargers have wrapped up thing. Still in a surprise year, I believe the Skins will be supercharged and formidable on their way to a 13-3 record. If the Skins do not win game #1, then the whole thing crashes down on me, but I sincerely believe there is a surprise in store this year for everyone, including NY fans and all the expert's predicting doom and gloom for the Skins. THIRTEEN and three.

the skins offense will most likely be an utter joke. everyone in the campbell camp thinks our oline sucks, and it didnt get touched, so it should still (in their opinions) suck. everyone in the not campbell camp thinks campbell sucks and hes going to be the starter, so (in their opinions) he should still suck.

both of our weaknesses (oline and campbell) or whichever one you perceive as a weakness has not been touched. so we should continue to suck on offense lol.

The offense will get better after having a years experience in zorn's system. Plus the defenses we play this year are not as good as the ones we played last year. No steelers/ravens/giants stretch this year. Even if the offense is only mediocre the D should carry us through most games

If I hear just one more person tell me how good Philly will be......especially because they had a great draft.

Preseason predictions are bunk, true, but it's the offseason, and there isn't much else to talk about. On paper, Philly should be good this season. On offense: They will have their best OLineman back (Shawn Andrews), they upgraded both tackle positions, they'll have their back-up guard (Giles) back as well. Their receivers should be healthy for the start of camp; they significantly upgraded the fullback position, and they drafted two young offensive players that will see time on the field. IMO, besides health issues, TE is the only ? mark on their offense, besides the OL gelling together. As to WB/McNabb's health, it's a concern on any team. WB was probably at 70% most of the season and they came within a tackle on 4th & 2 of going to the Super Bowl.

On defense: Losing dawk may/may not hurt by causing a leadership void. No one really knows. Must be said though, that he was essentially a LB, and couldn't cover anymore, so IMO athletically speaking, they've upgraded. Brown, Samuel, Hobbs & Hanson are the best 4-corner group in the league.

Now if the Eagles had gone out and gotten T.O. again and Tory Holt and if they traded for a tackle and then signed Dockery and had they signed Haynesworth also and then traded for Patrick Willis to play linebacker, but no..none of that happened so they are counting on some rookies to save them. Puleeeeeze.

How are they counting on rookies to save them? Maclin will see very limited time on the field as a receiver. Mccoy will be the same, until later in the season. I would think Philly fans would be much more pleased to have Maclin than TO or Holt. They are both on the back side of their careers.

As always the Eagles are one injury away from disaster, to either Mcnabb, or Westbrook, and as always, ONE of them is injured right on schedule. I'll buy your post if you can just tell me where the Eagles are STRONGER than the Redskins, outside of McNabb at times, and I mean only AT TIMES.

CB, QB, DE, OL, P, K and coaching.

I'll give the skins LB, TE, RB, (based on Betts & Portis vs. WB & Mccoy), DT, S.

oh and one more thing you can explain, is how a team that couldn't beat the Redskins ONCE last season, is now going to score even more on us with Haynesworth and Orakpo and Daniels now roaming the field?

Since you threw a rookie to save the skins in there (Orakpo), I'll say b/c of Ingram, Mccoy and Maclin. :)

If I hear just one more person tell me how good Philly will be......

especially because they had a great draft.

Philly lost an offensive lineman...and picked up an offensive lineman. SO?

Philly drafted a couple of wide receivers...rookies from college. SO?

Now if the Eagles had gone out and gotten T.O. again and Tory Holt and if they traded for a tackle and then signed Dockery and had they signed Haynesworth also and then traded for Patrick Willis to play linebacker, but no..none of that happened so they are counting on some rookies to save them. Puleeeeeze.

As always the Eagles are one injury away from disaster, to either Mcnabb, or Westbrook, and as always, ONE of them is injured right on schedule. I'll buy your post if you can just tell me where the Eagles are STRONGER than the Redskins, outside of McNabb at times, and I mean only AT TIMES.

oh and one more thing you can explain, is how a team that couldn't beat the Redskins ONCE last season, is now going to score even more on us with Haynesworth and Orakpo and Daniels now roaming the field?

I agree. The eagles are overrated.

@Giants - L

Rams - L

@Lions - W

Buccaneers - W

@Panthers -L

Chiefs - W

Eagles -W

@Falcons - L

Broncos - L

@Cowboys - L

@Eagles - L

Saints - L

@Raiders - W

Giants - L

Cowboys - W

@Chargers - L

something like this. ugly but probable. not a chance in hell we go 11-5 with campbell. now if campbell gets benched mid season, this could all change, but if campbell starts the whole season, this is what we'll get.

I am very similar to this if Jason is at QB. Might go 8-8 and then again might not. Last 3 of 4 wins are with someone else at QB.

@Giants - L

Rams - W

@Lions - W

Buccaneers - W

@Panthers -L

Chiefs - W

Eagles -W

@Falcons - L

Broncos - L

@Cowboys - L

@Eagles - L

Saints - L

@Raiders - W

Giants - L

Cowboys - W

@Chargers - W

i have us going 6-10 or 7-9. QB play has regressed. Worn down, old O-Line. Good but not stellar defense. Draft picks wont make impact until 2010. It is only because of our defense that we aren't 4-12 or 5-11.

Zorn is fired at the season's end. JC, who was not benched even for poor play, is released from the Skins, and will finish his NFL career as a backup, possibly even a 3rd string player. Clinton Portis, who played heavily injured throughout most of 2009, will throw coach and team under the bus like he did last year. He will be traded for a 3rd or 4th rd. pick in the uncapped offseason...

I'm going with 7 wins - just enough for Danny and Vinny to say it 'ain't broke' and try to 'fill a couple of holes' in FA next year.

Also, just enough for a majority of the fanbase to be here next offseason predicting an 11 or 12 win season and a division championship - even though neither has happened in over a decade.

@Giants - L

Rams - W

@Lions - W

Buccaneers - L

@Panthers - L

Chiefs - W

Eagles - W

@Falcons - W

Broncos - W

@Cowboys - W

@Eagles - L

Saints - W

@Raiders - W

Giants - L

Cowboys - W

@Chargers - W

I'm going with 11-5, but I'm always an optimist and very excited about all the new Redskins. :)

@Giants - W

Rams - W

@Lions - W

Buccaneers - W

@Panthers - L

Chiefs - W

Eagles - W

@Falcons - L

Broncos - W

@Cowboys - W

@Eagles - L

Saints - W

@Raiders - W

Giants - W

Cowboys - W

@Chargers - W

14-2

Zorn = COY

Portis = MVP

Big Al = DPOY

Orakpo = DROY

Homer style! Wut Wut!

A little early for these sorts of things, but what the hell.

@Giants - L

Rams - W

@Lions - W

Buccaneers - W

@Panthers - L

Chiefs - W

Eagles - W

@Falcons - L

Broncos - W

@Cowboys - L

@Eagles - L

Saints - L

@Raiders - W

Giants - L

Cowboys - W

@Chargers - W

I'm foreseeing a lot of last year happening again. A Charmin-soft early schedule will put us at 5-3 midway, 6-3 after the Broncos. Then another 2nd half mini-swoon with a strong finish. We go 9-7 overall, 2-4 in the NFC East.

I predict modest improvement from Campbell, from 3,200 yards, 13 TD's and 6 Int's this year to something like 3,500 yards, 18 TD's and 8 Int's this year. It will be improvement, but not enough to stop the board from clamoring for his head.

I predict we will have an actual defense touchdown this year.

Defense will be top-5 again, a few more sacks/takeaways, will keep us in almost every game. Offense will be middle of the pack. Our O-line will haunt us again at some point this year.

@Giants - L (Tough game we lose by a bunch)

Rams - W (Unless Steven Jackson has a huge game)

@Lions - W (No explination necessary)

Buccaneers - W (Lost galloway and have no starting caliber QB)

@Panthers - L (Dogfight but I think we lose this one)

Chiefs - W (Cassel is a good QB but not enough offensive firepower, and their defense is subpar)

Eagles - W (Good game but we squeak by)

@Falcons - W (I dont see Turner running the ball against our defense and I don't think Ryan will have enough time to throw)

Broncos - W (Pitiful defense and they lost Cutler)

@Cowboys - W (I think theyre overrated, they lost T.O, Roy W. hasn't proven himself in their system)

@Eagles - L (I think they play a good game here and win this one)

Saints - L (We lose this one by a close one)

@Raiders - W (Easy win)

Giants - L (Hard fight but we lose by a handful)

Cowboys - W (Again, I don't see how they are gonna beat us, I think T.O was a huge part of their offense, he's what hurt us)

@Chargers - L (I see us losing this one by two touchdowns.

Not that this means anything -- but for fun:

@Giants - L

Rams - W

@Lions - W

Buccaneers - W

@Panthers - L

Chiefs - W

Eagles - W

@Falcons - L

Broncos - W

@Cowboys - L

@Eagles - L

Saints - L

@Raiders - W

Giants - W

Cowboys - W

@Chargers - L

9-7 -- But I could see the Skins losing to the Raiders or Lions for some reason. So, anyway between 7-9 to 9-7.

We are between a 9-7 team and a 7-9 team, add the W's and L's however you see fit.

Fantastic defense with alot of age at some crucial spots, if healthy we could be top 5.

Weak offensive line, over-rated RB and mediocre QB

Any way you slice it, mediocre QB play along with o-line play and you are a .500 team.

@Giants - W

Rams - W

@Lions - W

Buccaneers - L

@Panthers - L

Chiefs - W

Eagles - L

@Falcons - L

Broncos - W

@Cowboys - L

@Eagles - W

Saints - W

@Raiders - W

Giants - L

Cowboys - W

@Chargers - L

9-7 and a wildcard spot in the playoffs.

@Giants - L

Rams - W

@Lions - W

Buccaneers - L

@Panthers -L

Chiefs - L

Eagles -L

@Falcons - L

Broncos - L

@Cowboys - L

@Eagles - L

Saints - L

@Raiders - W

Giants - L

Cowboys - L

@Chargers - L

No OLine means no offense.

WTF, at our worst years we were winning 5 or 6 games, I really question whether you are sane or what 3 fkkin games COME ON GET REAL!!!

@Giants - L.... last year they crushed us without plax.

Rams - W

@Lions - W

Buccaneers - W

@Panthers - L

Chiefs - W

Eagles - L

@Falcons - W

Broncos - W

@Cowboys - L

@Eagles - W, team finally starts to gel, especially the defense

Saints - W

@Raiders - W

Giants - W

Cowboys - W

@Chargers - L

11-5

Team starts to gel and dominate people starting with the eagles game, the defense starts scoring touchdowns taking pressure off of the offense, while they finally start believing in Zorn. We finish the regular season off with a loss to the Chargers because we travel to two west coast teams in the same month. Wishful thinking i know, but i like our odds with the schedule that was given to us.

Dude what are you talking about? How did we not improve our offensive line? Our problem last year wasn't the starters, it was the DEPTH! So we brought in Jeremy bridges and mike williams, our rookie offensive guard is apparently impressing the coaching staff, and same with some of the other young guys. As long as thge key guys stay healthy i think our offensive line could surprise people. Oh.... and dude.... change your name, i dont think anyone can take you seriously with Brandon Lloyd in your username

I really dont know if the Colt lovers are serious or sarcastic when they think the team will do better with him as the starter, it is really getting confusing to me.

You are only as good as your Oline. If Colt was a full time starter we would probably go 0-16 and he would be in two pieces. (SARCASM)

When Oline played well the first 8 games last year, what happened, who was mentioned as MVP Candidates...yeah

Then there was that game in Pittsburgh, OH i mean at Fedex, i could have sworn it was in Pittsburgh

Archived