Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Predict our 2009 record after the draft (Game by Game)

Rexrode21

Preseason predictions are bunk, true, but it's the offseason, and there isn't much else to talk about. On paper, Philly should be good this season. On offense: They will have their best OLineman back (Shawn Andrews), they upgraded both tackle positions, they'll have their back-up guard (Giles) back as well. Their receivers should be healthy for the start of camp; they significantly upgraded the fullback position, and they drafted two young offensive players that will see time on the field. IMO, besides health issues, TE is the only ? mark on their offense, besides the OL gelling together. As to WB/McNabb's health, it's a concern on any team. WB was probably at 70% most of the season and they came within a tackle on 4th & 2 of going to the Super Bowl.

On defense: Losing dawk may/may not hurt by causing a leadership void. No one really knows. Must be said though, that he was essentially a LB, and couldn't cover anymore, so IMO athletically speaking, they've upgraded. Brown, Samuel, Hobbs & Hanson are the best 4-corner group in the league.

How are they counting on rookies to save them? Maclin will see very limited time on the field as a receiver. Mccoy will be the same, until later in the season. I would think Philly fans would be much more pleased to have Maclin than TO or Holt. They are both on the back side of their careers.

CB, QB, DE, OL, P, K and coaching.

I'll give the skins LB, TE, RB, (based on Betts & Portis vs. WB & Mccoy), DT, S.

Since you threw a rookie to save the skins in there (Orakpo), I'll say b/c of Ingram, Mccoy and Maclin. :)

How can all these experts be wrong and I be right? I don't know, beats the hell out of me. But I am. Skins will win the division despite the Eagles being such a powerhouse in your eyes. Skins did not have a better QB last year or better offensive line or better defensive line or better coaching, etc. The Eagles will be the 2nd best team in the NFV east...but....

But the past does not equal the future. I keep saying it. That was then and this is now. Get ready for a shocker, since you appear to be a real Eagles fan. Redskins finish 13-3...THIRTEEN and three....and to kick it all off, on opening Sunday...Redskins 20 Giants 10.

I'm going with 7 wins - just enough for Danny and Vinny to say it 'ain't broke' and try to 'fill a couple of holes' in FA next year.

Also, just enough for a majority of the fanbase to be here next offseason predicting an 11 or 12 win season and a division championship - even though neither has happened in over a decade.

Just enough to keep stringing us along and keep those seats filled. Sad.

It's way too early for this but what the hell..

@Giants - L

Rams - W

@Lions - W

Buccaneers - W

@Panthers - L

Chiefs - W

Eagles - W

@Falcons - W

Broncos - W

@Cowboys - L

@Eagles - L

Saints - W

@Raiders - W

Giants - L

Cowboys - W

@Chargers - L

10-6, make the playoffs as the 6 seed, win 1 playoff game and lose @ the Eagles in the divisional round.

@Giants - W

Rams - W

@Lions - W

Buccaneers - W

@Panthers - L

Chiefs - W

Eagles - W

@Falcons - L

Broncos - W

@Cowboys - W

@Eagles - L

Saints - W

@Raiders - W

Giants - W

Cowboys - W

@Chargers - W

14-2

Zorn = COY

Portis = MVP

Big Al = DPOY

Orakpo = DROY

Homer style! Wut Wut!

Math is not your friend. Wut Wut indeed.

[sOUND][/sOUND]

@Giants - L

Rams - W

@Lions - W

Buccaneers - L

@Panthers -L

Chiefs - L

Eagles -L

@Falcons - L

Broncos - L

@Cowboys - L

@Eagles - L

Saints - L

@Raiders - W

Giants - L

Cowboys - L

@Chargers - L

No OLine means no offense.

Are you serious??

Idc what you have to say about the o-line but with the defense we have this year...barring no major injuries we're winning more than 3 games this year buddy...

@Giants - L

Rams - L

@Lions - W

Buccaneers - W

@Panthers - L

Chiefs - L

Eagles - L

@Falcons - L

Broncos - W

@Cowboys - L

@Eagles - L

Saints - L

@Raiders - L

Giants - L

Cowboys - W

@Chargers - L

4-12. I hope I am very wrong.

are you forreal? If we cannot beat Chiefs, raiders and rams what make you think we can beat any nfl team

This is of course before Training Camp/Pre-season and not taking injuries/benchings/busts/surprises into account.

@Giants - L

Rams - W

@Lions - W

Buccaneers - W

@Panthers - L

Chiefs - W

Eagles - W

@Falcons - L

Broncos - W

@Cowboys - W

@Eagles - L

Saints - W

@Raiders - W

Giants - L

Cowboys - W

@Chargers - W

Right now, I have us at 11-5, being swept by the Giants again, sweeping Dallas again, spliting the Eagles. Also beating the Chargers and losing to the Falcons.

I could also see us upsetting the Panthers, as well as the Chiefs upsetting us, and POSSIBLY (and this is purely gut-feeling) the Lions. I think they will surprise people, they have quietly done a good job upgrading this off-season.

Archived