Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per Adam Schein and Soloman Wilcotts: IDIOT.COM

kappaluvacee

Really, and what would that be genius?:doh:

On Colt:

I was looking for Colt and in 11-on-11 drills he delivered two sidearmed throws in a row, to the ground. He made some other good throws underneath, but I wonder what the coaches think about his delivery. When Zorn was asked about Colt later, he said he had a "MUCH stronger arm already than last year," and indicated that last year at this time, he was still dealing with the labrum injury, so he is much farther now than he was last season…Just to continue on the Colt topic, Zorn added that he still has a decent amount of learning to do with the playbook/system. JC was definitely the most accurate passer out there today, which without doubt quells any "start Colt now" feelings.

here's why, b/c he's a developmental QB:

and this too:

(http://www.hogshaven.com/)

On Colt:

I was looking for Colt and in 11-on-11 drills he delivered two sidearmed throws in a row, to the ground. He made some other good throws underneath, but I wonder what the coaches think about his delivery. When Zorn was asked about Colt later, he said he had a "MUCH stronger arm already than last year," and indicated that last year at this time, he was still dealing with the labrum injury, so he is much farther now than he was last season…Just to continue on the Colt topic, Zorn added that he still has a decent amount of learning to do with the playbook/system. JC was definitely the most accurate passer out there today, which without doubt quells any "start Colt now" feelings.

Don't start lying b/c your feelings are hurt; they didn't call him an idiot.

Wilcots asked him where he was looking that he found fans that were calling for Colt.

Wilcots implied that any 'fans' that are calling for Colt to start could only be found at IDIOT.COM.

Still LMAO!!!:silly:

It's a day later and I'm still laughing. It's a classic call! Extremeskins is funnier than the local comedy club during the offseason.

Umm pretty sure Adam Schein himself created idiot.com. Trying to drive up traffic for his baby?

I'm not in the Cult of Colt, but Schein is an obnoxious moron who knows nothing. And I think its crazy to think Brennan would be a better starter next year than Campbell, but it angers me to hear this moron be so condescending and bash any player, no matter who, that's on our roster.

Well, I would agree to an extent, but that isn't the point of the discussion. Campbell has plenty of work to do, but based on what anyone has seen so far to think that at this stage Brennan is going to be any better is a serious pipe dream. The optimism is based off of watching him look good in the fourth quarter of meaningless preseason games whereas the pessimism over Campbell is based on watching him perform in real games against the likes of the Giants, Steelers, Cowboys, etc.

~Bang

Brennan might get better, he's been in the league one year. I guess one could argue that at this stage (5th season) Campbell is going to get any better is a serious pipe dream..

For the record, I don't think Colt will ever be more than a #2... and I do think Campbell should start the entire year...

-So they don't think Colt is the future of the Skins, but they also understand Campbell sure hasn't met expectations of a franchise qb. Ya, Campbell's dealt with adversity, lacks of receiving core, lack of o-line, mutliple sytems but he sure didn't persevere, which is what stars do. Also I have seen this neglected by 99% of Campbell apologist, do you guys not understand the impact of having a top 5 RB for your whole career? Do you understand Campbell isn't the focus of a defensive coordinator, rather it is Clinton Portis. Defenses don't key in on Campbell they key in on Portis and yet Clint is still able to make plays... Campbell eh not so much. MY big question isif you know he isn't a franchise qb, then why continue the experiment?

-Some of you say because we can win with him. Yes this is true, but I don't want a game manager we can possibly win with if 52 other men play there position perfectly. These qb's can win a SB but I want a team that competes year in and year out for the lombardi, to have one of these teams you need a franchise qb... Jason isn't one.

-Some of you preach patience and his numbers increase. While it is true his numbers increase, if he goes from 12 TD's to 14 next season, it won't be impressive. Basically, I don't get why miniscule improvement of already poor statistics equates to, this guy is going places. Then some of you say he hasn't had enough time. Well Campbell's contract is ending this season, so exactly just how much time does he need? Maybe an extension for 2 years so we can really see what we got? You'll say ride out the season, but that just doesn't make sense to me... I don't wanna waste another year with this schmo, we are a team in the rebuilding process, we need to accept that and find a QB.

-So why not try out the young qb, who has proved (on the College level) he has pin-point accuracy. If his noodle arm can't produce enough velocity to get it to his receivers with out getting picked apart by an NFL zone, then so what.... He was a 6th rounder, and we can look to next years draft... but what if... Just what if... Colt performs the same way as he has in pre-season with receivers that couldn't even crack the Redskins squad... what if his gun-slinger mentality opens up our offense? Then we have found a diamond in the rough, and what did we lose? The qb tied for fewest TD's in the league..

-Then most of you respond he isn't even the 2nd string qb on our roster... to this group of people... do you honestly think if Campbell goes down this season Collins will come in? and if so, I guess you think this is the correct decision? We put in Collins who looks worst than Colt in camp and worst than Colt in preseason, who is coming up on 40 and has 0% chance of being the future of this franchise and who can't succeed in the NFL unless its with Al Saunders playbook. That would truly be the dumbest moves by the Redskins. But anyone with some logic knows that Colt will be the guy if Campbell goes down.. why is he 3rd string? Probably just to keep down the noise Colt created by coming here.

:doh: I wish the season would hurry up so we could end this once and for all.

And even if Campbell does as well as I think he could, it will still be some people out there calling for his head.

Nope. Not his head. Just the 2+ years back that he wasted by underperforming and not getting us to the post season.

-So they don't think Colt is the future of the Skins, but they also understand Campbell sure hasn't met expectations of a franchise qb. Ya, Campbell's dealt with adversity, lacks of receiving core, lack of o-line, mutliple sytems but he sure didn't persevere, which is what stars do. Also I have seen this neglected by 99% of Campbell apologist, do you guys not understand the impact of having a top 5 RB for your whole career? Do you understand Campbell isn't the focus of a defensive coordinator, rather it is Clinton Portis. Defenses don't key in on Campbell they key in on Portis and yet Clint is still able to make plays... Campbell eh not so much. MY big question isif you know he isn't a franchise qb, then why continue the experiment?

-Some of you say because we can win with him. Yes this is true, but I don't want a game manager we can possibly win with if 52 other men play there position perfectly. These qb's can win a SB but I want a team that competes year in and year out for the lombardi, to have one of these teams you need a franchise qb... Jason isn't one.

-Some of you preach patience and his numbers increase. While it is true his numbers increase, if he goes from 12 TD's to 14 next season, it won't be impressive. Basically, I don't get why miniscule improvement of already poor statistics equates to, this guy is going places. Then some of you say he hasn't had enough time. Well Campbell's contract is ending this season, so exactly just how much time does he need? Maybe an extension for 2 years so we can really see what we got? You'll say ride out the season, but that just doesn't make sense to me... I don't wanna waste another year with this schmo, we are a team in the rebuilding process, we need to accept that and find a QB.

-So why not try out the young qb, who has proved (on the College level) he has pin-point accuracy. If his noodle arm can't produce enough velocity to get it to his receivers with out getting picked apart by an NFL zone, then so what.... He was a 6th rounder, and we can look to next years draft... but what if... Just what if... Colt performs the same way as he has in pre-season with receivers that couldn't even crack the Redskins squad... what if his gun-slinger mentality opens up our offense? Then we have found a diamond in the rough, and what did we lose? The qb tied for fewest TD's in the league..

-Then most of you respond he isn't even the 2nd string qb on our roster... to this group of people... do you honestly think if Campbell goes down this season Collins will come in? and if so, I guess you think this is the correct decision? We put in Collins who looks worst than Colt in camp and worst than Colt in preseason, who is coming up on 40 and has 0% chance of being the future of this franchise and who can't succeed in the NFL unless its with Al Saunders playbook. That would truly be the dumbest moves by the Redskins. But anyone with some logic knows that Colt will be the guy if Campbell goes down.. why is he 3rd string? Probably just to keep down the noise Colt created by coming here.

;);););););)

:groupwave:

Nope. Not his head. Just the 2+ years back that he wasted by underperforming and not getting us to the post season.

-Don't forget the draft picks... the 3rd rounder was used a this guy some of you may have heard of Brandon Marshall.

-The 1st rounder we lost could have been used on Kiwanuka

-Obviously hindsight is 20/20, and we have no idea who the Redskins would have drafted of if they would have turned out well in our system... but I'm just saying... we waste future draft picks to get a late 2nd rd early 3rd rd qb, in the first round, what a move made by the skins!

One last point... why is there soo much bickering about how the fans want Colt? If Jason were a franchise qb that performed, there would be no question as to who our future qb would be.

-Don't blame the fans for Campbell's poor play

They got it right, for once. ES is not indicative of what the fans want. Only place I hear CB5 mentioned is here. Starting him over JC would be just plain dumb at this point.

-Uhh I used to work at the Redskins store and still frequently go in to talk with employees fans (watch NFL Network, while girlfriend shops), and I would say 95% of my friends are skins fans not on extremeskins.com. Believe me the cult of Colt is not some crazy following only on this website, skins fans all around are clammoring for Colt, and not because of their high-expectations for Colt, but because they are so fed up with Campbell.

I have two questions for you:

-What about Campbell makes you think he will emerge as a franchise qb this season?

And what will Campbell need to emerge as a franchise qb?

-Probably a good o-line, a young WR to break out and a defense that creates turnovers.

-I got bad news for you... all that isn't going to happen in one season, and Campbell's contracts done at the end of next year... So then what? The skins saw a little promise in Campbell, so they resign him? Probably not, lets face it.

So then what happens? We are back to where we are now and a year behind in the rebuilding of our team, and all the stars are now a year older. Ya, thats a great plan, atleast 2 more years of mediocrity 7-9 through 9-7 here we come... even with all the talent we have... What a pity.

They got it right, for once. ES is not indicative of what the fans want. Only place I hear CB5 mentioned is here.

Well, I believe CB5 had one of the best selling Skins jerseys through the first half of the season, and one of the best selling in the NFL during preseason. So...no, you are wrong.

Well, I believe CB5 had one of the best selling Skins jerseys through the first half of the season, and one of the best selling in the NFL during preseason. So...no, you are wrong.

Thank the state of Hawaii for that one.

IN all honesty, no one outside of this site is clamoring for Brennan to start. Go to any of the other major Skins sites and you won't hear a peep about him.

Thank the state of Hawaii for that one.

IN all honesty, no one outside of this site is clamoring for Brennan to start. Go to any of the other major Skins sites and you won't hear a peep about him.

No, just avoid the internet all together my friend. Forums are usually a place where people gather to express negativity, problems, ect.

I have too many Redskins fans who think it's ridiculous that Colt and starter in the same sentence is even possible..unless you mention the word Hawaii and say

"Colt was the starter at Hawaii."

It's pretty damn funny on here though.

One last point... why is there soo much bickering about how the fans want Colt? If Jason were a franchise qb that performed, there would be no question as to who our future qb would be.

-Don't blame the fans for Campbell's poor play

:D Exactly! Who the hell cares what any so called " expert" on ESPN,NFL Network or in the local media says? 99.999% of them are clueless:silly:.

Archived