Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per Adam Schein and Soloman Wilcotts: IDIOT.COM

kappaluvacee

Oh well if two jackass radio douches say so...:laugh:

Yeah,, no kidding! I mean damn, who's got more credibility? A former defensive back on a Super Bowl team or a bunch of office workers killing time at work?

I'm with you. Give me the opinion of a guy who sells insurance over a former NFL player ANY day!

~Bonk

-Uhh I used to work at the Redskins store and still frequently go in to talk with employees fans (watch NFL Network, while girlfriend shops), and I would say 95% of my friends are skins fans not on extremeskins.com. Believe me the cult of Colt is not some crazy following only on this website, skins fans all around are clammoring for Colt, and not because of their high-expectations for Colt, but because they are so fed up with Campbell.

I have two questions for you:

-What about Campbell makes you think he will emerge as a franchise qb this season?

And what will Campbell need to emerge as a franchise qb?

-Probably a good o-line, a young WR to break out and a defense that creates turnovers.

-I got bad news for you... all that isn't going to happen in one season, and Campbell's contracts done at the end of next year... So then what? The skins saw a little promise in Campbell, so they resign him? Probably not, lets face it.

So then what happens? We are back to where we are now and a year behind in the rebuilding of our team, and all the stars are now a year older. Ya, thats a great plan, atleast 2 more years of mediocrity 7-9 through 9-7 here we come... even with all the talent we have... What a pity.

All of your points are moot. JC is the most prepared and experienced (in our offense) QB we have. None of my skins fan friends mention CB5, my cowgurl friends do, they say they'd love for us to start over with a green QB.

If you knew what you were talking about then you'd be asking those questions about CB not JC.

Yeah,, no kidding! I mean damn, who's got more credibility? A former defensive back on a Super Bowl team or a bunch of office workers killing time at work?

I'm with you. Give me the opinion of a guy who sells insurance over a former NFL player ANY day!

~Bonk

:applause:

:doh: I wish the season would hurry up so we could end this once and for all.

And even if Campbell does as well as I think he could, it will still be some people out there calling for his head.

I completely agree, no matter how well JC plays there will be fans wanting him replaced because he doesn't have this so called "swagger" which can also be called arogant dick syndrome in some cases. Jay Cutler has swagger, but he's also a punk. People say JC isn't a leader, why because he doesn't freak out and make a fool of himself when something bad happens.The fact is no fan knows what kind of leader JC is because they aren't in the huddle or in the locker rooom.

~Bonk

I don't think we should take the word of ES posters over former NFL players. However, something to consider that you may not have considered.

Football players are brought up to play football, usually went to school to play football and not much else, and got paid to play football as a pro. Now, there could be no doubt that they are experts at playing football. Not much else.

Let's say someone on ES is an intelligence analyst with a PhD. He went to HS playing football, has spent years watching the sport as a fan, and follows the pro game very closely. He also went to school and has been taught the art of observation and analysis over the course of his university and professional career. His life is looking at events, breaking them down, understanding them, and making predictive analysis. In his free time, he enjoys observing pro football.

Who is more qualified to make astute observations about the sport? Could be either. My point is, it is dangerous to assume that people on the internet are idiots, or that a former NFL player is a football genius when most of the time they are far from it. The exceptions are almost always QB's and LB's.

:D Exactly! Who the hell cares what any so called " expert" on ESPN,NFL Network or in the local media says? 99.999% of them are clueless:silly:.

-What does that have to do with anything? Your point isn't even relevant.

If Campbell was a franchise qb no one would be clamoring for Colt, I don't know what that has to do with all the analysts. That's just a fact... you don't see a qb controversy in Indy, or NE... I wonder why?

So please next time you attempt to make me look incorrect try and make your statement relevant. And yes I know ESPN thinks Campbell's the better qb but that has nothing to do with what I said.

All of your points are moot. JC is the most prepared and experienced (in our offense) QB we have. None of my skins fan friends mention CB5, my cowgurl friends do, they say they'd love for us to start over with a green QB.

If you knew what you were talking about then you'd be asking those questions about CB not JC.

-Way to completely dodge the entire post. I understand JC is the most prepared QB, if you had read my post you probably would understand that. I don't think he will ever be a franchise qb, so why waste another year on the Jason Candle experiment. It will only set us back even longer, because as I have said for Campbell to succeed next year a lot of variables are gonna need to go his way; a receiver breaking out, good play from the o-line, a healthy portis and a dominant D. This all won't happen in one season, so we most likely will not resign Campbell.... and then what? We're just set back another year... I said a lot of this in my previous post wish I didn't have to repeat myself and you would actually form some intelligent rebutal, other than my points are moot because Campbell is the most prepared... because that just doesn't make sense... Its like the Favre and Rodgers situation from last year, Brett Favre was the better qb(more experienced in the offense) but he wasn't the future of the franchise, so they had to go with the less experienced qb, to start building a team for the future. The Skins have made it quite evident they don't want Campbell to be their qb of the future, nor do they think he will be.. and why would they has performance certainly hasn't earned him such accolades. So rather then more or less waste a season, with Campbell as qb, why not try to start building for the future. Just try and see what we have in Colt, before we have to hit the draft board next season.

-The point isn't that Colt is better it's that we are a team in rebuilding and Campbell isn't gonna be the future Redskins qb... so why waste another year on him... and no I don't "know" he won't be the future qb, but thats what all signs are pointing too right now and there's no reason to believe that will change.. Unless Campbell improves DRASTICALLY, not just his little tiny increases in this stat and that, so apologists can say but passer rtg increased 2 pts from this year to last and so on...

-And I never said Colt would be a franchise qb, but I think its worth a shot... why waste a year on a guy you know isn't the future... its just illogical.

-I await for another one of your thoughtful posts.

-What does that have to do with anything? Your point isn't even relevant.

If Campbell was a franchise qb no one would be clamoring for Colt, I don't know what that has to do with all the analysts. That's just a fact... you don't see a qb controversy in Indy, or NE... I wonder why?

So please next time you attempt to make me look incorrect try and make your statement relevant. And yes I know ESPN thinks Campbell's the better qb but that has nothing to do with what I said.

Dude that's the entire point.

There is no QB controversey between Campbell and Colt.

No one is 'clamoring' for Colt that warrants a QB controversy.

That is why the caller was basically laughed off the air.

You guys are pissed because your silly notion that Colt is even being considered as a threat to JC is a joke to everyone else.

Clamoring for Brennan LOL!:silly:

I don't think we should take the word of ES posters over former NFL players. However, something to consider that you may not have considered.

Football players are brought up to play football, usually went to school to play football and not much else, and got paid to play football as a pro. Now, there could be no doubt that they are experts at playing football. Not much else.

Let's say someone on ES is an intelligence analyst with a PhD. He went to HS playing football, has spent years watching the sport as a fan, and follows the pro game very closely. He also went to school and has been taught the art of observation and analysis over the course of his university and professional career. His life is looking at events, breaking them down, understanding them, and making predictive analysis. In his free time, he enjoys observing pro football.

Who is more qualified to make astute observations about the sport? Could be either. My point is, it is dangerous to assume that people on the internet are idiots, or that a former NFL player is a football genius when most of the time they are far from it. The exceptions are almost always QB's and LB's.

You're right, of course.

That said, I make a part of my living lampooning these jokers who talk on the airwaves all day about football, so I know full well that they aren't all bucking for MENSA membership. The fact that many of them can be downright stupid keeps me pretty busy.

However, I think in the specific case of 2nd year third string QBs that have never faced a starting defensive player, most people would be correct in assuming to laugh even if they don't know all the facts.

Very rarely does that go against the grain.

Hopefully if Campbell fails, he can do it. I'll be rooting for him.

~Bang

Dude that's the entire point.

There is no QB controversey between Campbell and Colt.

No one is 'clamoring' for Colt that warrants a QB controversy.

That is why the caller was basically laughed off the air.

You guys are pissed because your silly notion that Colt is even being considered as a threat to JC is a joke to everyone else.

Clamoring for Brennan LOL!:silly:

-This isn't relevant to what I was saying either.

-What I am saying is if Campbell had played well the past 2 years, there would be no Cult of Colt on this website... Why is that so difficult to comprehend.

- People such as myself don't like Colt Brennan I think his noodle armed passes will get picked off by any descent NFL defense. But I don't know this for sure and hell why not give it a shot, he was pretty good in preseason with a shotty receiving squad. I would like to see what he can do with the 1st stringers. But I have seen what Campbell has been able to do and it hasn't been very impressive at all, certainly not impressive enough to warrant the beleif he could ever be a franchise qb(which is what everyteam needs). So I don't wanna waste another year..

-I have explained my argument time and again in this thread, and no one seems to have any response other than completely ignoring the logic behind my opinion.

-But hey lets just evaluate Jason for one more year in case he's been hiding some mystery talent these past couple seasons, that he feels like showing off in his contract year... Maybe this year things will be completely different...

-This isn't relevant to what I was saying either.

-What I am saying is if Campbell had played well the past 2 years, there would be no Cult of Colt on this website... Why is that so difficult to comprehend.

Yes they would. Hell, back when we had QBs winning Super Bowls everyone loved Babe Laufenberg. There's always a fascination with the backup. Always.

~Bang

-Way to completely dodge the entire post. I understand JC is the most prepared QB, if you had read my post you probably would understand that. I don't think he will ever be a franchise qb, so why waste another year on the Jason Candle experiment. It will only set us back even longer, because as I have said for Campbell to succeed next year a lot of variables are gonna need to go his way; a receiver breaking out, good play from the o-line, a healthy portis and a dominant D. This all won't happen in one season, so we most likely will not resign Campbell.... and then what? We're just set back another year... I said a lot of this in my previous post wish I didn't have to repeat myself and you would actually form some intelligent rebutal, other than my points are moot because Campbell is the most prepared... because that just doesn't make sense... Its like the Favre and Rodgers situation from last year, Brett Favre was the better qb(more experienced in the offense) but he wasn't the future of the franchise, so they had to go with the less experienced qb, to start building a team for the future. The Skins have made it quite evident they don't want Campbell to be their qb of the future, nor do they think he will be.. and why would they has performance certainly hasn't earned him such accolades. So rather then more or less waste a season, with Campbell as qb, why not try to start building for the future. Just try and see what we have in Colt, before we have to hit the draft board next season.

-The point isn't that Colt is better it's that we are a team in rebuilding and Campbell isn't gonna be the future Redskins qb... so why waste another year on him... and no I don't "know" he won't be the future qb, but thats what all signs are pointing too right now and there's no reason to believe that will change.. Unless Campbell improves DRASTICALLY, not just his little tiny increases in this stat and that, so apologists can say but passer rtg increased 2 pts from this year to last and so on...

-And I never said Colt would be a franchise qb, but I think its worth a shot... why waste a year on a guy you know isn't the future... its just illogical.

-I await for another one of your thoughtful posts.

Thoughtful posts? Just calling it like i see it. We are not a team in rebuilding mode. That statement alone is enough to highlight why your points are moot.

Yes they would. Hell, back when we had QBs winning Super Bowls everyone loved Babe Laufenberg. There's always a fascination with the backup. Always.

~Bang

That was '83 Most of these ESers were still in diapers.

I agree with you, Adam and Soloman. If JC doesnt work out...guess what Vinny and Danny go shopping for another big name FA QB or they'll trade away our entire draft to get another college QB that has the "IT FACTOR". Colt needs to buy a nice seat cushion and the Cult of Colt fans need to get use to it. Only way Colt will actually be able to show his talent is if JC gets hurt and that depends on IF Colt beats Collins out for the #2 spot :doh:.

Thoughtful posts? Just calling it like i see it. We are not a team in rebuilding mode. That statement alone is enough to highlight why your points are moot.

Negative ... any team searching for an elite QB (Bears, Jets) and finishing "out of the money" is rebuilding especially Skins. As Mahons correctly said ... Campbell has done nothing in 2 years to lead to any reasonable belief that he will become a franchise QB ... so why pea away another year of rebuilding.

The most ridiculous colt thing i see on this board is people posting videos of his preseason highlights and saying that this shows that he is ready to be an elite nfl qb.

Say what you want about JC but he has shown that he can be a great player in the nfl. He just hasnt shown that he can be a great player every game yet. Colt has proven nothing in the nfl. If colt were a better qb right now than JC then the coaches would know it and they would put him in. At the moment, im not even sure if they think hes better than todd collins and neither am I.

Negative ... any team searching for an elite QB (Bears, Jets) and finishing "out of the money" is rebuilding especially Skins. As Mahons correctly said ... Campbell has done nothing in 2 years to lead to any reasonable belief that he will become a franchise QB ... so why pea away another year of rebuilding.

Sorry, I have to disagree on all your points. JC has done plenty and progressed plenty and it has been posted and talked about (see the thread title). Everyone knows this is a make or break year for him, some of you would rather we just trash our whole season and start over just like last year, just like 3 years ago, just like 5 years ago, just like 7 years ago..... (re: coach/qb changes)

We need to build upon what we did last year, period. That is not rebuilding.

Sorry, I have to disagree on all your points. JC has done plenty and progressed plenty and it has been posted and talked about (see the thread title). Everyone knows this is a make or break year for him, some of you would rather we just trash our whole season and start over just like last year, just like 3 years ago, just like 5 years ago, just like 7 years ago..... (re: coach/qb changes)

We need to build upon what we did last year, period. That is not rebuilding.

-JC has done plenty and progressed plenty? Are you kidding your not even worth debating the subject with, because you neglect all facts... If we aren't a team in rebuilding then you are saying we have a franchise qb? We are a team that with a tweak here and there and we will be competing every season? I love your optimism but its time to be realistic the Redskins need to rebuild the team Gibbs put together didn't cut it and now we have to go a different direction.

-And I guess you are still dodging the two questions.. What about Campbell makes you think he will be a franchise qb? and what he will need to get there...

~Bang

-Back when we were winning superbowl the NFL was completely different. Rules have changed now that allow the qb to be much more productive, and teams with a franchise qb seem to be able to compete year in and year out, I can't remember the last time I thought the Patriots or Colts didn't have a chance... and if there is always this fascination for a backup why isn't Sorgi getting called for in Indy? I wonder if Sorgi has his own following on Colts websites? Probably not, and thats my point.

-While I understand your point, I believe it is only true to an extent. I really doubt if Campbell had been MVP one of the last two seasons there would be such a large following in the cult of Colt

Ummm, I think your credibility went with this one too. Bleacherreport.com is a fan site. ANYONE can write for them. Its free and takes 5 minutes to sign up for.

The last thing I read there was "Why I think Jason Campbell is better than Jay Cutler."

Huzzah for 7th grade professional journalism.

Archived