Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who do you pick to be the big suprise this season???

qcraftsman

Hmm..big surprise up would be Mike Williams starting at right and actually doing well.

Biggest downfall would be.. I'm gonna go on surprise mode here and say Chris Horton.

Actually, those would be my picks as well.

I also think Andre Carter will get double digit sacks(I'll say 12), while Orakpo barely gets playing time. Tryon will get cut to make room for Barnes, who will in turn get cut next year to make room for whomever, thus continuing Vinny's Lloyd Harrison, Rashad Bauman, Tryon cycle of putrid 3rd/4th round CB busts.

With the number of people that hate Campbell's game in this forum, he will be the surprise to many, some of us will just say..."we told you to give him a little time in the same offense, like more than 16 games."

He started 20 games in Saunders system. (To make it less confusing for the JC worshipers, 20 is more than 16)

I think Marko is going to turn out to be a great pick from what I've heard. I just hope we have room for him, seeing how crowded WR is right now. Moss and Randel El are untouchable, I don't see us cutting any of last year's rookies, and we almost never carry more than five guys.

I think Marko is going to turn out to be a great pick from what I've heard. I just hope we have room for him, seeing how crowded WR is right now. Moss and Randel El are untouchable, I don't see us cutting any of last year's rookies, and we almost never carry more than five guys.

I thought it was an excellent pick. The kid has good size and performed well in college. Seems to have a knack for the deep ball. Hoping that he will do well.

I say Mike Williams suprises us all and gets the start. He has already proved he can lose the weight and still needs to lose some more, but this guy has talent. I think Derrick Dockery is pushing him along living together. I do know one thing if he is our big suprise it is going to be huge for our offense and giving Cambell time!!!

Whos your pick?

I'd agree on Williams. Everything I'm hearing about the guy is positive.

Kelly won't make the team which makes this Marko kid or Eloi a distinct possibility.

Lots of surprises in this thread and I enjoy what you are writing. The guarantee is that there WILL be a surprise or two by opening day. Perhaps even a shocker.

I will just say that I personally will be surprised if all THREE of those knucklhead draftpicks from last years 2nd round end up contributing. I see only ONE of them eventually doing something worthwhile this season. The other two will either be injured, or should I say STAY injured, or they will just flat out NOT GET IT.

I believe its more than possible that TWO of those knuckleheads are going to be labeled failures after season number 2. That will surprise a lot of you.

Most likely we won't know until opening day, that's when our last two showed up. Stephon Heyer had to take over for Jansen as a completely raw undrafted rookie less than halfway through week 1 of 2007 and did well against a strong pass rush. Then last year we had Chris Horton, an unlikely 7th rounder taking over for a sick Reed Doughty and producing three turnovers in a close game.

Most of the people we fall in love with in preseason won't make it so it really will be a surprise in the end.

Colt Brennan.....he'll be the starting QB by week 9, and he'll do just fine as the Wonder Boy from Hawaii leading the Skins to a 6-2 record down the stretch and into the playoffs....

So we start 3-6? That won't go over well.

One of the young rookie WR's and Mike Williams. He's motivated and has physical talent. This is not like a converted wrestler who's dream is to play in the NFL like Brock ??? (name escapes me)

Yeah I wouldn't put Thomas anywhere near surprise since he showed flashes of brilliance last season (60 yard bomb in rams game that someone held and it got called back) and I just flat out expect him to do well. I think our D will be up to par, and BIG Al and Orakpo will play like expected.

I think Mike Williams is going to make an impact and possibly a new reciever/back/LB but it's hard to say without knowing who will start or be on the roster at this point.

We are getting carried away on Williams. I don't expect him to make the roster, he's just getting press because we are desperate for linemen and he was drafted high.

I think Cornelius Griffin is going to surprise people this year and turn in a pro-bowl caliber season.

We are getting carried away on Williams. I don't expect him to make the roster, he's just getting press because we are desperate for linemen and he was drafted high.

I think Cornelius Griffin is going to surprise people this year and turn in a pro-bowl caliber season.

I think Griff, and Montgomery, and Carter have big years.

Williams will make the team

How about London Fletcher? I think most are expecting him to age pretty significantly, maybe soon. With Haynesworth in the middle he's liable to have a huge year.

Fletcher was the one guy I am really counting to be a rock for us. Simply because, that is what he is. I have a feeling he goes to the Pro Bowl this year.

Archived