Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who do you pick to be the big suprise this season???

qcraftsman

I say Mike Williams suprises us all and gets the start. He has already proved he can lose the weight and still needs to lose some more, but this guy has talent. I think Derrick Dockery is pushing him along living together. I do know one thing if he is our big suprise it is going to be huge for our offense and giving Cambell time!!!

Whos your pick?

I say Mike Williams suprises us all and gets the start. He has already proved he can lose the weight and still needs to lose some more, but this guy has talent. I think Derrick Dockery is pushing him along living together. I do know one thing if he is our big suprise it is going to be huge for our offense and giving Cambell time!!!

Whos your pick?

Several guys could be positive "surprises." Kelly, Thomas, Davis and Williams come to mind.

On the negative side...I pick Rabach.

Yeah I'm not to sure about Rabach anymore myself. He scares me. Seems like a vocal leader calling out the blocks which is good but not sure about his physical ability anymore verses the large tackles. Hopefully Haynesworth can improve his blocking through practice.

Campbell- he gets and stays pissed at all the snide asides and just throws caution to the wind along with a lot of deep passes, starts yankin his receivers up and demanding better, and he loses it at least one time on the sidelines resulting in a lot of "Whoa!" comments.

And then I woke up

Whos your pick?

That would be a dream. I would die if Williams turned into a legit starter. As someone else said in another thread, if it worked out for him, it would be the most genius move this FO EVER made. It's a HUGE if at this point.

My picks are Thomas (though I'm not sure how much a surprise it is, we are all counting on it), and McIntosh- he's gonna have a breakout year. I also think Landry could have a huge year (again, wouldn't be a surprise though)

On the negative, I'll ditto the previous post about Rabach. I'll also add Horton- I see a sophomore slump coming, though I really hope not.

You have to separate guys who you expect to step up versus guys who truly surprise and come out of nowhere. Chris Horton, obviously, was that guy last year. He really came out of nowhere. This year I expect Kelly, Thomas & Davis to step up. For them to do so would not be a surprise. For the hell of it, here's my surprises.....

.....Kevin Barnes takes Fred Smoot's job.

.....Our LB rotation of Blades at WLB, Fletcher, & Macintosh at SLB actually WORKS. Though I'm skeptical about Rocky moving to SAM.

.....The afore mentioned Mike Williams actually getting the start would not be surprise considering the competition. Mike Williams playing WELL, would be the surprise. Buges should get an award if this happens.

.....Rinehart displaces an injured Thomas during the season and doesn't look back.

.....Marcus Mason making the team.

You have to separate guys who you expect to step up versus guys who truly surprise and come out of nowhere. Chris Horton, obviously, was that guy last year. He really came out of nowhere. This year I expect Kelly, Thomas & Davis to step up. For them to do so would not be a surprise. For the hell of it, here's my surprises.....

.....Kevin Barnes takes Fred Smoot's job.

.....Our LB rotation of Blades at WLB, Fletcher, & Macintosh at SLB actually WORKS. Though I'm skeptical about Rocky moving to SAM.

.....The afore mentioned Mike Williams actually getting the start would not be surprise considering the competition. Mike Williams playing WELL, would be the surprise. Buges should get an award if this happens.

.....Rinehart displaces an injured Thomas during the season and doesn't look back.

.....Marcus Mason making the team.

If all this happens, watch out league.

As for Mike Williams and Buges- he should get some kind of salary bonus if he can turn Williams into a legit starter. And he should share it with the strength and conditioning coaches

I look for Jon Jansen to be a starter at right tackle, he's had almost two years to recover from his injuries and has been serviceable during that time but far from the player he was prior to 2005. He says that he is in the best shape hes been in a long time plus I believe he's playing with a HUGE chip on his shoulder and wants to prove to his coaching staff and peers that he still can play at a high level. Most likely this will be his last year as a Skin and I predict he will not only start but he play at the level he played in the mid 2000's. We should all be rooting for Jansen this year, he's been a warrior for our team and an all around good guy. If it wasn't for the fact he played for Michigan he'd be downright awesome. Hail Skins!

Dominique Dorsey will take Rock's place on the team.

Jason Campbell will throw for over 3,500 yards and 25 TD's

Devin Thomas will lead Redskins in recieving Touchdowns

Malcolm Kelly will be healthy

Orakpo will have over 10 Sacks

Dream season. Superbowl.

How about London Fletcher? I think most are expecting him to age pretty significantly, maybe soon. With Haynesworth in the middle he's liable to have a huge year.

Fletcher would have a huge year with me in the middle.:cool2:He is just that good and pasionate for the game.;)

Campbell- he gets and stays pissed at all the snide asides and just throws caution to the wind along with a lot of deep passes, starts yankin his receivers up and demanding better, and he loses it at least one time on the sidelines resulting in a lot of "Whoa!" comments.

And then I woke up

I think we would all cry tears of joy if this happened...

:D

I'm going with Chris Horton. I think he will have a few more picks as teams will try to exploit him.

Also, I think the Wynn/Daniels experiment is going to reap some decent results if 'Rak is on the Strong side.

For some reason, I have a feeling our corners are going to suffer this year. Hall will revert to being exposed like in Oakland and 'Los is going to have an off year.

I'm going with Chris Horton. I think he will have a few more picks as teams will try to exploit him.

Also, I think the Wynn/Daniels experiment is going to reap some decent results if 'Rak is on the Strong side.

For some reason, I have a feeling our corners are going to suffer this year. Hall will revert to being exposed like in Oakland and 'Los is going to have an off year.

I disagree. I can't see the corners losing a step, especially not with the new offensive line, if they were going to do so it would have been in any of the years we don't have a pass rush. I think we might actually have a pro bowl corner this year. Los can't have an off year, he's a RFA after this.

Archived