Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Wa State: Man sentenced to 6 months in jail- 15 lbs of 'shrooms/6 lbs of weed.

ljs

And people complain that drug sentences are too hard...holy ****, not in Washington. I wouldn't care if they legalized pot, just had to laugh when I saw this article..talk about a slap on the wrist, especially compared to many other places.

http://www.yakimaherald.com/stories/2009/04/30/man-given-six-months-for-drug-offenses

YAKIMA, Wash. -- A Colorado motorist caught with a stash of marijuana and hallucinogenic mushrooms in the trunk of his car was sentenced Thursday to six months in jail.

Aaron Schilling, 33, of Denver also was ordered to pay $2,350 in fees and fines and serve a year of probation for his plea to a felony drug trafficking charge in Yakima County Superior Court.

The case stemmed from a traffic stop Dec. 8 on Interstate 82 a few miles north of Yakima. The arresting officer, a Washington State Patrol trooper, said Schilling, who was driving east, had cut off a semi-truck.

While investigating the smell of fresh marijuana emanating from the car, the trooper discovered 6 1/2 pounds of marijuana and 15 pounds of hallucinogenic mushrooms in the trunk.

Deputy prosecutor Gary Hintze said Schilling picked up the drugs in Seattle and was on his way home to Denver when he got stopped. The odor gave him away.

"If they can smell it like that, the presumption is there's quite a bit," Hintze said.

Holy crap, that's quite a decent amount of drugs.

And only for 6 months? Wtf...I don't understand why that's all he got...maybe he had a good lawyer?

He's probably going to get outta jail and continue his drug use/trafficking/whatever he was doing. 6 months? Fail.

Epic win.

yeah, check this out...about 1/8 of shrooms goes for $40 ....doing the math, that is $76,800 in lost revenue..

6.5 lbs of weed- at $40 per 1/8th= $33,280

he lost a **** ton of money...

had to edit the math....

It's not like he did anything other then grow these natural things.

he bought them, someone else was the "grower".

Western Washington is filled with shrooms. It's a huge business. and the crazy thing it, if you just have some in a paper bag, cops can't do ****. The law for shrooms is written very vague, you have to have it packaged for sales in order to be charged...

Yet a guy that tried to have his wife KILLED only gets a year. You were saying?

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?t=287154

Let's fill up our prisons with idiots like shroom boy, so that we have to let real bad people out in a year.

If they were smart they would simply fine this guy, get some money out of him, and then use that money to keep people who want people killed IN jail.

Ah those were the days eating shrooms and smoking a little weed and watching Jerry and the boys on spring ,summer,fall tour

Hampton,richmond, merriweather

Anybody seen any of the reunion shows is it the same vibe just older crowd?

And only for 6 months? Wtf...I don't understand why that's all he got...maybe he had a good lawyer?

Or he talked & cut a deal.

he bought them, someone else was the "grower".

If he's from the Denver area, it's also possible he was trading paper for them.

Ah those were the days eating shrooms and smoking a little weed and watching Jerry and the boys on spring ,summer,fall tour

Hampton,richmond, merriweather

Anybody seen any of the reunion shows is it the same vibe just older crowd?

ive been going to most of the dead shows. pretty much same vibe just missing jerry

Depending on the laws on the books, it's a super light sentence, especially if he was charged with trafficking. Someone who isn't me that I know got caught selling 30 ecstasy pills, which was like 5 away from trafficking, and would've done minimum of 3 years in prison if he was over the limit. I'm pretty sure trafficking for any substance is the same mandatory minimum, so yeah, it's really a light sentence.

Any amount of jail for non-addictive drugs is ****ing ludicrous, though. Victimless crimes meant to perpetuate the prison-industrial complex. Sickening.

Archived