Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT; Snyder says he won't trade 2010 first rounder.

Vooskin

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/04/24/snyder-says-he-wont-trade-his-2010-first-rounder-to-move-up/

From espn,

ASHBURN, Va. -- Washington Redskins owner Dan Snyder says his team will not trade its first-round pick in 2010 in an attempt to move up Saturday in the NFL draft.

"We're not going to be trading next year's 1," Snyder told radio station ESPN980 in an interview Friday. "We've already said that several times."

The Redskins have the No. 13 choice in the first round this year, and there has been speculation the team might want to try to move up in order to select Southern Cal quarterback Mark Sanchez.

"We're really not as a franchise comfortable trading first-round draft picks," Snyder said. "I don't think it's a wise move to keep trading that pick. It's always a little bit risky."

He noted that the only time his club recently did swap the following year's No. 1 pick, it was to acquire quarterback Jason Campbell in 2005 -- "and it worked out quite well," Snyder said.

Looks like you're in for another LONG season with a now disgruntled Jason Campbell. Combine that with the fact he sucks probably makes you an 8-8 team next year. If you're lucky 9-7 but I don't see how Campbell ever finishes with a winning record.

"3rd and 12...no way I'm taking a risk and throwing downfield...maybe if I check down here for 6-7 yards here I can at least prove my stats so the Skins sign me to a lucrative contract" - Jason Campbell

Sig was to make fun of a steelers friend of mine on here. He constantly complains about how bad their o-line is. Story is made up =(

well- your sig is too big. Please read the rules, fix it, and read the rules again.

Thanks for your help. I don't really like taking down folks' sigs for them- too much work (I'm extremely lazy) and it's kind of childish- especially when you can do it yourself and follow the rules like everyone else. :)

He said that now but tomorrow he could be singing a different tune when Sanchez gets pass Rams, Seahawks, and Browns. Jags will be calling and say Danny. I will be holding my breath when Goodall say there has been a trade when its the Jags turn to pick.

Looks like you're in for another LONG season with a now disgruntled Jason Campbell. Combine that with the fact he sucks probably makes you an 8-8 team next year. If you're lucky 9-7 but I don't see how Campbell ever finishes with a winning record.

"3rd and 12...no way I'm taking a risk and throwing downfield...maybe if I check down here for 6-7 yards here I can at least prove my stats so the Skins sign me to a lucrative contract" - Jason Campbell

Remind me again why we should give a **** what you have to say?

kthxbye.

Remind me again why we should give a **** what you have to say?

kthxbye.

He's got an opinion, just like you or I. There are many, many people on this board, and especially within the FO of the skins, who believe campbell won't succeed, so I don't think he's too far off.

He's got an opinion, just like you or I. There are many, many people on this board, and especially within the FO of the skins, who believe campbell won't succeed, so I don't think he's too far off.

A fan from another team saying my starting QB "sucks", when he doesn't, is a form of trolling.

Anyone who thinks JC sucks should be out the door right behind that guy.

worked out quite well is going to get people all uppity in this thread

When he said it worked out well he clearly said it was because that pick ended up being in the twenties versus a high pick. That is just sensationist journalism at its best/worst. Good job PFT.

A fan from another team saying my starting QB "sucks", when he doesn't, is a form of trolling.

So, if somebody disagrees with your position on campbell, he's automatically a troll and/or a redskin hater? I hope you were being sarcastic with this post.

There are a hell of a lot of people who think campbell isnt any good. I guess that, because we have a different opinion, we should all just vacate the premises and leave the board for good. Ingenius.

he's constanza right now ... will do the opposite of everything he says. I really hope that the media is on to this one, and that there truly are as many teams interested in Sanchez as we think, hopn someone saves us from another high risk roster acquisition tomorrow that could dictate playing time at the most important position on the field. Here's to Orakpo slipping, or us taking Oher at #13, or trading down and snagging the best OL/DE/LB on the board ... hail

He doesn't? Then what's the problem with your team? Are you going to blame the #4 defense in the league? Are you going to blame Clinton Portis? Are you going to blame Moss, El, Thomas, and Kelly? What about Cooley? With these weapons you can't score any points?

Do you watch your own teams' games? Jason Campbell doesn't just suck, he's horrible (in my honest opinion). Hey man I'm not dogging the Skins (just Campbell), I actually told Voo I want to see them succeed so I can see a Skins vs Steelers SB in the future. Ain't happening with your boy at QB.

Archived