Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT; Snyder says he won't trade 2010 first rounder.

Vooskin

He doesn't? Then what's the problem with your team? Are you going to blame the #4 defense in the league? Are you going to blame Clinton Portis? Are you going to blame Moss, El, Thomas, and Kelly? What about Cooley? With these weapons you can't score any points?

Do you watch your own teams' games? Jason Campbell doesn't just suck, he's horrible (in my honest opinion). Hey man I'm not dogging the Skins (just Campbell), I actually told Voo I want to see them succeed so I can see a Skins vs Steelers SB in the future. Ain't happening with your boy at QB.

The only difference between your QB and JC is a last drive spuirt. Check the stats.

Were those 2 losses on JC?

Arguably yes, and I say that as someone who wants to see him at QB this season for the Skins. We should have put up more points in both games against crappy defenses but didn't, and he's supposed to be the leader of that offense. The last thing that happens in the game (e.g., defense giving up late TD) isn't always "the" reason for the win or loss. Our offense put the defense in a hole way too many times last season, very frustrating.

Maybe because he did it numerous times THIS past season?

Against New Orleans.

Against the Rams, OH but our stout top 5 defense gave up a late TD.

Against the 49ers, OH but our stout top 5 defense gave up a late TD.

Ok- just to be fair here.

In regards to the Rams and 49rs games, we should not have been in a position to rely on the defense to save the game.

Both those teams had really crappy defenses, and our offense should have routed them.

Rams= rank #31 in scores allowed, #19 in passing yards

49rs= rank #23 in scores allowed, #20 in passing yards

His stats were as good as Ben Roethlisberger's.

Does Big Ben suck? Is he horrible?

I don't understand. So to counter-argue JC's inability to win games by comparing a top 5 QB to the bottom 5 QB in the league? Especially based on fantasy stats? Ok.

Funny how everyone lives and dies by fantasy stats (even though Ben's are still better based on career) and no one considers the stats like career record (Ben: 55-22, Campbell: 16-20?), playoff record (Ben: 8-2, Campbell: 0-0), and Superbowl wins (Ben: 2, Campbell: 0).

Ben shines in the postseason. Statistically, he's one of the best QBs ever come playoff time where he has a 93.3 passer rating and 8.17 yards per attempt with a 62% completion percentage.

Now here I'm suppose to take you seriously when you're comparing Ben to Campbell? :doh:

Ok- just to be fair here.

In regards to the Rams and 49rs games, we should not have been in a position to rely on the defense to save the game.

Both those teams had really crappy defenses, and our offense should have routed them.

Rams= rank #31 in scores allowed, #19 in passing yards

49rs= rank #23 in scores allowed, #20 in passing yards

So it's no one's fault but JC's now?

Funny how things work in your guys' favor.

"Save the game." They were playing defense with the lead late in the game.

THEY choked.

Jason put the team in position to win the game in the 4th quarter. And the D choked. You can say all you want that we "should have blown them out from the beginning." We didn't, but we had the lead in the 4th, and the D blew it.

They should live for moments like that, like the Steelers and Ravens defenses do. That's why those teams' defenses are on a totally different level.

We contain teams. They obliterate them.

that means he won't trade "our" #1 but he will trade our #2 (to be honest wouldn't surprised he still trades our #1), still think they already have deal to move Jason and have deals in place to move to 5 or 8 to get Sanchez. Jason was never Synder's QB

Agreed-

I think they ship JC out for a #2, add that with the #13 and move up to the eighth spot to grab Sanchez.

And I could live with that much better then sitting at #13 and all the talent is gone. Then we have to take BPA which might be a running back.

THEY choked.

Jason put the team in position to win the game in the 4th quarter. And the D choked. You can say all you want that we "should have blown them out from the beginning." We didn't, but we had the lead in the 4th, and the D blew it.

They should live for moments like that, like the Steelers and Ravens defenses do. That's why those teams' defenses are on a totally different level.

Having a #1 defense is not enough. Cowher learned that in the 90s. He had the #1 defense for years with guys like Woodson, Kevin Greene and Greg Lloyd but still couldn't win. You need a franchise guy behind the center to succeed in the playoffs.

I don't understand. So to counter-argue JC's inability to win games by comparing a top 5 QB to the bottom 5 QB in the league? Especially based on fantasy stats? Ok.

Funny how everyone lives and dies by fantasy stats (even though Ben's are still better based on career) and no one considers the stats like career record (Ben: 55-22, Campbell: 16-20?), playoff record (Ben: 8-2, Campbell: 0-0), and Superbowl wins (Ben: 2, Campbell: 0).

Ben shines in the postseason. Statistically, he's one of the best QBs ever come playoff time where he has a 93.3 passer rating and 8.17 yards per attempt with a 62% completion percentage.

Now here I'm suppose to take you seriously when you're comparing Ben to Campbell? :doh:

No what's funny is that Big Ben is the only player on the Steelers team. You honestly think your defense had nothing to do with you guys getting to both your recent super bowls? When Ben had what has been come to known as "the worst performances by a QB in Super Bowl history" in the first one?

I wish we could swap QBs. Forget individual stats, I'm more interested in team record if we could possibly do that.

THEY choked.

Actually if you read my post, I said the offense should have blown them out. No, I dont believe that it was all JC's fault. But he is the leader on offense and should shoulder a fair amount of the blame.

So lets looks at JC's stats for those games=

Rams 18/26, 206 yards, 0 tds

49rs 18/30 156 yards, 1 td

Actually if you read my post, I said the offense should have blown them out. No, I dont believe that it was all JC's fault. But he is the leader on offense and should shoulder a fair amount of the blame.

So lets looks at JC's stats for those games=

Rams 18/26, 206 yards, 0 tds

49rs 18/30 156 yards, 1 td

And yet he still had our team in position to win those games...Did he not?

:D

I'm bout to start an Insomniacs Thread: Draft Day Edition. All you ******** are invited! Love you guys, even that Steelers fan, who you have to know I was in the minority around here rooting for you guys against the Cards.

:D

m - o - x - i - e

I should go watch a m - o - v - i - e but I can't gota clear out the rest of this chapter's homework so I can focus all my time on my draft party tomorrow. Yayayayayayayaaaaaaaaaa draft cant wait. I really dont care anymore but I've doubted for awhile that we would take sanchez, I'd be all for taking a DE/LB at 13 or trading down, pretty sure top 3 OT's will be off the board specially with the pats talking about trading up to 8 or 9 to grab one. Oher is not worth the 13th pick, hes considered a late mid to late first rounder and is a level below the smiths and monroe.

I'm all for trading down always have been, I am a big believer in quantity when it comes to players. Draft for the most part is a big crapshoot anyways, more games you can play the better chance you can walk away with money in the bank.

I should go watch a m - o - v - i - e

did you hear CB5 when he said "Jason has moxie, he just can't spell it"

ha

can't let that one go.. too funny

"Oh, you know, all i can do is just go out there, you know, and try my best to spell the word, you know"

No what's funny is that Big Ben is the only player on the Steelers team. You honestly think your defense had nothing to do with you guys getting to both your recent super bowls? When Ben had what has been come to known as "the worst performances by a QB in Super Bowl history" in the first one?

I wish we could swap QBs. Forget individual stats, I'm more interested in team record if we could possibly do that.

:hysterical:

That's another good one 'media fans' use. Compare Peyton Manning's Superbowl playoff run (considered good) to Ben's Superbowl playoff run (considered bad)

2005 Godly Superbowl Playoff run won by Peyton Manning (as the media likes to say)

Games: 4

Touchdowns - 3

Interceptions - 7

Yards - 1,034

Completion % - 63.4

Passer Rating - 70.3

2004 Playoff Run: 'Worst Performance by a QB in a Superbowl and luckily for Ben won by the Steelers defense' (as the media likes to say)

Games: 4

Touchdowns - 7

Interceptions - 3

Yards - 803

Competion % - 62.3%

Passer Rating - 101.7

But...but...but....that's Peyton Manning!!! No way his defense carried him to a SB win!!! No way they ran against Chicago more than 10 straight times at the end of the game to secure the win. No way Rhodes had over 100 yards.

Yeah but nobody remembers these stats. We just remember Ben played a horrible SB (in his second year as a starting QB). Doesn't matter though. We criticize QBs no matter how long they've been in the league. Like Jason Campbell right? Oh no wait, he's still maturing as a QB and needs to be 'given a chance' coming into his 5th year ;)

Maybe because he did it numerous times THIS past season?

Against New Orleans.

Against the Rams, OH but our stout top 5 defense gave up a late TD.

Against the 49ers, OH but our stout top 5 defense gave up a late TD.

Those are not games that Campbell put the team on his shoulders, and won for the Skins.

Actually, he's never done that. Ever. He's not that type of player. Never has Campbell dropped back and thrown the Skins to a win. If he has then I'd be curious to know what you call "Putting the team on your back" because you are using two games that the Skins lost:doh:, so not exactly a ringing endorsement for Campbell winning with his arm.

Archived