Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Southland Thread (Tues 10PM, TNT)

Springfield

I didn't see a thread started about this show yet. I'm surprised that there isn't one yet because it is an excellent show.

I started watching this show after ER went off the air. I never really cared for ER personally but I find Southland to be quite interesting. I really dig the different personalities of the show and love the cinematography.

It's a real gritty show and seems to fairly accurately depict the life of police officers in LA.

What do you guys think?

I haven't watched episode 3 (tonight's) yet so don't ruin it for me.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118010730.html?categoryid=14&cs=1

It's a done deal: TNT has picked up "Southland."Turner cabler has bought the L.A. cop drama from Warner Bros. Television after NBC decided to cancel the show last month. Agreement had been close for days but pact is now official and TNT purchased both the seven episodes leftover from last season that never ran as well as the six episodes that were shot over the past few months.

Show will air Tuesdays at 10 p.m. -- opposite one of NBC's higher-rated editions of "The Jay Leno Show" -- starting Jan. 12.

"This is a great win for fans of 'Southland' and a perfect opportunity to introduce the series to new viewers," said Turner president Steve Koonin.

Despite stellar reviews for "Southland" after the series premiered last season on NBC in the 10 p.m. Thursday slot following "ER," NBC -- in a cost-effective decision -- decided a few weeks ago that it would be difficult for the show to perform better at 9 p.m. Fridays than "Dateline" is currently faring in that slot.

"Dateline" is much cheaper to produce than "Southland" and a better return on investment for the Pea****.

"Southland" is exec produced by John Wells, Chris Chulack and Ann Biderman.

• 4 months later...

pretty good show, being unemployed i caught the previous season most all day yesterday to catch up....hard for me to watch sometimes, I pick apart cops shows like crazy...sort of how nurses and doctors pick apart ER and such.

Archived