Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

JLC: Mark Sanchez Raves About His Redskins Visit

Confucius

A quick release doesn't guarantee not being hit. It just means fewer sacks taken, not necessarily fewer HITS taken.

Hits and pressures. Campbell is not just being sacked by people coming free, he's literally having his line pushed into him. No quarterback can do anything with his center's helmet in his face.

We need a right tackle, though I'm still high on Heyer, but DEFINITELY a center.

I wish somebody would post the timing (in actual seconds) of Campbell's release, as well as other QBs.

One of the things that Zorn was supposed to do was change Campbell's mechanics so that he had a quicker release. How "slow" is this release, and how much "quicker" is Sanchez's release over Campbell's?

I'd like to see some objective numbers on that, too. Or maybe a comparison video with a large sample size as compared to Manning, Brady, Young, Montana, etc.

Really? JC doesn't have good feet???

JC had the 5th highest quarterback rushing total in the league with 258 yds. AND the 3rd highest average per attempt with 5.5 yds.

People just make **** up on here. Haven't you noticed? I've also read lots about Campbell's weak arm. Next I'm going to hear about how him being a cyclops inhibits his depth perception.

I think he was speaking more of JC's footwork, not about his ability to run. And, that is not made up. It has been reported that his footwork was one of the "mechanics" things Zorn wanted to work on when he was hired. If and how much he has improved in that area, I cannot attest to, just that it was an area of concern last offseason.

I think he was speaking more of JC's footwork, not about his ability to run. And, that is not made up. It has been reported that his footwork was one of the "mechanics" things Zorn wanted to work on when he was hired. If and how much he has improved in that area, I cannot attest to, just that it was an area of concern last offseason.

If that's true, then I misinterpreted. However, his footwork greatly improved this year. He threw two amazing touchdowns while avoiding the rush (Saints, Lions) and others that I can't remember the opposing team. His footwork did improve greatly, but you're right, that was a concern before.

I'd like to see some objective numbers on that, too. Or maybe a comparison video with a large sample size as compared to Manning, Brady, Young, Montana, etc.

I'd just like to see where he ranks among all QBs. I wish this could be a recorded stat for every pass he throws, and take the average.

It just seems like a blur between fact and opinion. People say its fact because they've heard somebody else say it or because they've seen it in a game, but I've never seen any actual data about this.

What I find funny is that some people who complain about JC were actually in favor of Leftwich, whos oft injured and has a slow release - whatever that means.

Listen, I'm in no way saying we must get Sanchez..> I'm not high on him like I was a certain WR (Calvin Johnson) 2 years ago. However, I will be happy if they get him, and I will be happy if we don't. The draft is a crap shoot anyways, and I'm a skins fan no matter what.

Really? JC doesn't have good feet???

JC had the 5th highest quarterback rushing total in the league with 258 yds. AND the 3rd highest average per attempt with 5.5 yds.

I'm a huge Campbell supporter, but you're misinterpreting the criticism here, and I think it's probably a valid one.

When he says that Jason doesn't have good feet, he's not saying that he's SLOW or not a good runner; he's suggesting that his footwork in the pocket leaves a lot to be desired. This includes being consistent in hitting the right step in your drop back and getting the ball out in rhythm, and it also includes moving/sliding in the pocket to avoid rushers and buy an extra second to throw the ball.

From what I've seen, this has not usually been an area where Jason shines. He has shown flashes of progress under Zorn (the TD passes against New Orleans and Detroit from last season come to mind), but he still seems somewhat unnatural and hesitant moving within the pocket. And this, I think, is what the poster you quoted was getting at. Jason is a good runner for a QB, but his footwork leaves something to be desired. On the other side of the spectrum, someone like Peyton Manning, for example, is a sub-par "runner"...but his feet are absolutely terrific.

I don't know if its a sign we're rebuilding as much as its a sign that we're trying to immitate the Falcons and Ravens from last year, or even to prepare for Campbell's departure in 2010.

I'm not following? Both the Ravens and Falcons needed quarterbacks last year. We don't.

I wish somebody would post the timing (in actual seconds) of Campbell's release, as well as other QBs.

One of the things that Zorn was supposed to do was change Campbell's mechanics so that he had a quicker release. How "slow" is this release, and how much "quicker" is Sanchez's release over Campbell's?

there's nothing wrong with Campbell's release or any other of those Made Up criticisms

nothing but rhetoric, that means absolutely nothing in reality... ever notice they never explain how they determined these so called flaws, NEVER explain how the heck can anyone, not knowing the plays, see the entire field and posses intimate knowledge of the position and offense, even begin to assume they know what they are talking about.

:doh:

A cyborg made from the DNA of Baugh, Montana, Jorgenson, and Unitas could not make a throw from on his ass.

I don't see what you guys don't understand about that.

that if you throw the ball before 8 seconds elapses you wont be on your ass. JC takes forever, no line will solve that issue. go watch the 2nd cowboys game again or 2nd giants game. his decision making is terrible in the pocket, he takes forever, and he checks down way too much.

i was watching a specific play, 3rd and 8 i think, in the 2nd giants game. they put kelly in the game, he ran a nice short post route right over the middle. man coverage, saftey over top, and kelly had a break on his man. if campbell hits him in stride, its 1st down easy. so what does campbell do?

short to cooley for 5 yards, drive over. thats jason campbell. no RT is gonna fix that.

there's nothing wrong with Campbell's release or any other of those Made Up criticisms

nothing but rhetoric, that means absolutely nothing in reality... ever notice they never explain how they determined these so called flaws, NEVER explain how the heck can anyone, not knowing the plays, see the entire field and posses intimate knowledge of the position and offense, even begin to assume they know what they are talking about.

bubba. Bubba, C'mon Bubba.

You know that these JC haters are not gonna settle for the "nothing but rhetoric" statement. You'll be said to be making excuses for JC by not admitting it.

you can clearly see it if you watch a guy like Romo sits to pee vs campbell. Romo sits to pee gets rid of the ball so fast when he throws it. campbell does this slow wind up thing thats nowhere near as quick. you cannot do that in a WCO offense.

and if it wasnt slow in the first place like bubba is claiming, then why was zorn supposed to make it faster?

its pretty obvious, people dont make this stuff up for fun. i wish his release was faster, itd save lots of time talking about how bad it is.

I'm not following? Both the Ravens and Falcons needed quarterbacks last year. We don't.

True, but a rookie QB still stepped in and led them to the playoffs. Thats what Snyder's trying to immitate.

Or he's trying to immitate the Bengals from a few years ago, where Palmer stayed on the bench for a year and then started his second season and led them to the playoffs.

EDIT: I keep missing landmark posts, so I'll just edit this one. This was my 7700th post!!!

you can clearly see it if you watch a guy like Romo sits to pee vs campbell. Romo sits to pee gets rid of the ball so fast when he throws it. campbell does this slow wind up thing thats nowhere near as quick. you cannot do that in a WCO offense.

and if it wasnt slow in the first place like bubba is claiming, then why was zorn supposed to make it faster?

its pretty obvious, people dont make this stuff up for fun. i wish his release was faster, itd save lots of time talking about how bad it is.

Yeah, but the question is was Zorn successful at making it faster? And if so, how much faster? How much faster is Romo sits to pee's release than Campbell's?

Yeah, but the question is was Zorn successful at making it faster? And if so, how much faster? How much faster is Romo sits to pee's release than Campbell's?

good question, all i know is what i look at. im sure you could get a stop watch out and measure it somehow, but thats beyond me.

and i think if his release had gotten faster we'd have seen better numbers, especialy in the redzone. think about speed in smaller spaces, if you have a slow release, you can get away with it outside the 20s. once youre down in that microcosm that is the redzone, everything needs to be faster. JC isnt, which is why our TD numbers suffered IMO. you have to make very quick decisions down there or its a pick.

If Jason has a career year, we can do what Belichick did with Cassel. Pin him with the franchise tag and trade him for a pick, leaving us with a QB with more potential to run the offense.

So we can recoup the original 1st round pick we spent to get Campbell 4 years ago?

What about the extra first round pick we use to get SANCHEZ?

We never recoup that. Franchise Campbell and get 1 first round pick back of the two that we spent, PLUS, we can then start a rookie next year who may take another 3 years of practicing like Campbell has had.

Hey then we can start over again in another 4 years and do the same thing all over. Makes sense to me.

Or we could take an offensive lineman and allow Jason to throw 20 TD passes and we could goto the playoffs and keep our 1st round pick NEXT year.

"He's proud of the guys they have here, and he thinks the world of Jason Campbell, and that was obvious."

So why didn't he made any commitment to him (contract), and why did he tried to trade him whenever he felt he had an opportunity ?

I hope we don't draft Sanchez, he has only 16 starts in college, will demand a huge contract, and most football experts said this years' QB class is not impressive.

Not signing Jason up to a big long term contract this year was the smartest thing this FO has done in years. I think the world of Jason too. Just not as the QB of this team. He's a great guy but he hasn't proven squat. If he has proven anything it's that he has a slow delivery and has trouble finding his receivers.

It might very well be a thin crop of QBs in this draft but Sanchez IS considered by many the best QB in the draft and his strength is the leadership he has to go with that great arm. He's also considered a prototype West Coast QB. He would be a great prospect in any draft.

:doh:

A cyborg made from the DNA of Baugh, Montana, Jorgenson, and Unitas could not make a throw from on his ass.

I don't see what you guys don't understand about that.

I'm still for JC getting another chance but please stop making these ridiculous statements insinuating that everything's the offensive line's fault.

16 college starts and the Front Office is ready to hand him the keys to the kingdom. Anyone else see an issue with that?

Reminds me of drafting Thomas. All the talent in the world but how many games had he competed in at the college level?

Agreed.

Perhaps the FO knows something we don't know. Maybe Sanchez can open up big holes for Portis. And pressure the opposing QB's. And develop a cohesive team strategy. :doh:

I'm still for JC getting another chance but please stop making these ridiculous statements insinuating that everything's the offensive line's fault.

It's not all the line's fault, but I can see how my statements make it seem that way.

However, I still would put 60-70% of it on the line. An elite quarterback would be able to do something some of the time, maybe, but we're not giving Campbell a chance with this line.

Agreed.

Perhaps the FO knows something we don't know. Maybe Sanchez can open up big holes for Portis. And pressure the opposing QB's. And develop a cohesive team strategy. :doh:

Exactly. The biggest problem for me with getting Sanchez is that we have SO many other things that we need to fix first. Sigh, if only we'd gotten some help last year. I know that nothing good was available, but damn, we'd be so much better off in 2009.

It's not all the line's fault, but I can see how my statements make it seem that way.

However, I still would put 60-70% of it on the line. An elite quarterback would be able to do something some of the time, maybe, but we're not giving Campbell a chance with this line.

so lets get off campbell for a sec, who exactly needs replacing out of our 5 starting olineman.

remember these olineman had no problem helping portis get almost 1500 yards last season, so who exactly needs to go. we already replaced kendall with dock, so theres 4 guys left. who needs to go?

Just say no. I can't fault Snyder's actual willingness and desire to do whatever possible to get this team a ring, it's just that he is sometimes such a dumbass in making the decisions. We really can't afford to draft Sanchez, let alone if we have to trade up to do it.

Archived