Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

JLC: Mark Sanchez Raves About His Redskins Visit

Confucius

JLC's latest:

Got off the phone with the USC QB a little while ago and hammered out this story, most of which will be used in the paper. The kid is clearly enjoying life right now - as well he should be - and seems lilke playing for the Skins would be very cool him. He's a gregarious, funny dude from what I could gather, and from everything I've heard. Okay, here's the long version of the story:

If the Washington Redskins end up landing quarterback Mark Sanchez in this weekend's NFL draft, whether by trading up or via their first pick (13th overall), the former USC star expects stern competition -- and says he wouldn't want it any other way.

While Redskins owner Daniel Snyder and executive vice president Vinny Cerrato were entertaining Sanchez last weekend, discussing the possibility of the passer orchestrating Washington's offense one day, Snyder made a point of telling the 22-year old that he would have to beat out the club's existing quarterbacks to become starter in 2009, including current No. 1 Jason Campbell. Given Sanchez's inexperience -- just 16 college starts -- few NFL teams would project him to make an immediate impact, anyway, which has not precluded him rising up many draft boards, drawing interest from several clubs that pick ahead of the Redskins. Snyder might have to trade into the top five, or at least the top 10, to be certain of coming away with Sanchez, a prospect the youngster sounded very comfortable with after what he described as a highly enjoyable visit.

...click link for more : http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/mark-sanchez-raves-about-his-v.html#more/

My take - he sounds so dreamy...err...ummm....I mean he says the right things. He's well coached by his agent at least.

Wait a sec... an article from JLC with actual quotes? :thud:

I guess that rules out Sanchez as a legitimate interest. He's already talking to JLC, that's gotta be a huge red flag for Dan and Vinny. :hysterical:

If we have to pay him $20-40 mil depending on when we might pick him, he would have to start at some point this year or we would look dumber than ever. Only then are we the NFC Raiders. Really, only a Jamarcus Russel style holdout would keep him from being the guy on day one unless we saw immediately that we had blown it yet again.

Perhaps its a bit of a shame we can't yet lure the top college guys with Dan's money alone. I'm nowhere near sold on any rookie I have actually looked into but it sure would ne nice to buy even half of them rather than hoping to draft just one that may or may not work out.

"He's proud of the guys they have here, and he thinks the world of Jason Campbell, and that was obvious."

So why didn't he made any commitment to him (contract), and why did he tried to trade him whenever he felt he had an opportunity ?

I hope we don't draft Sanchez, he has only 16 starts in college, will demand a huge contract, and most football experts said this years' QB class is not impressive.

Great. So if JC stays and has a career year he walks and goes somewhere else for a big contract (why wouldn't he after all these fiascos?) and then we're forced to start Sanchez and pray that he doesn't stink the joint up because of lack of experience and because we still will have an old, injury prone O line since we decided to give up picks next year to move up and get Sanchez. Brilliant.

Great. So if JC stays and has a career year he walks and goes somewhere else for a big contract (why wouldn't he after all these fiascos?) and then we're forced to start Sanchez and pray that he doesn't stink the joint up because of lack of experience and because we still will have an old, injury prone O line since we decided to give up picks next year to move up and get Sanchez. Brilliant.

If Jason has a career year, we can do what Belichick did with Cassel. Pin him with the franchise tag and trade him for a pick, leaving us with a QB with more potential to run the offense.

Difference is, he wont be playing with a RT here in Washington like he did at USC.

Difference there is that Sanchez can actually move around in the pocket. He's said to already have good feet, something Campbell still doesn't have, at least not up to the standards of the west coast system Zorn hopes to run in DC.

A good QB makes up for inconsistent oline play, but you knew that;).

If Jason has a career year, we can do what Belichick did with Cassel. Pin him with the franchise tag and trade him for a pick, leaving us with a QB with more potential to run the offense.

It's about time we agree on something, OF.

I was beginning to worry about you;).

:point2sky

Even if JC has a career year I can not see tagging him to pay him more then $14 million a year.

A career year out of JC in his contract year, would net us nothing in my opinion.

That's a huge IF. IMHO, betting on that IF is more of a gamble than getting Sanchez.

A career year out of JC in his contract year, would net us nothing in my opinion.

A career year=16 TDs?

I'd pass on Sanchez, but I'll bet we end up with him, at which point I think JC's a goner by the end of the draft for whatever pick they can get for him, which will be REALLY low value. like a 4-5.

Difference there is that Sanchez can actually move around in the pocket. He's said to already have good feet, something Campbell still doesn't have, at least not up to the standards of the west coast system Zorn hopes to run in DC.

A good QB makes up for inconsistent oline play, but you knew that;).

Really? JC doesn't have good feet???

JC had the 5th highest quarterback rushing total in the league with 258 yds. AND the 3rd highest average per attempt with 5.5 yds.

Really? JC doesn't have good feet???

JC had the 5th highest quarterback rushing total in the league with 258 yds. AND the 3rd highest average per attempt with 5.5 yds.

People just make **** up on here. Haven't you noticed? I've also read lots about Campbell's weak arm. Next I'm going to hear about how him being a cyclops inhibits his depth perception.

Wait a sec... an article from JLC with actual quotes? :thud:

I guess that rules out Sanchez as a legitimate interest. He's already talking to JLC, that's gotta be a huge red flag for Dan and Vinny. :hysterical:

Or, maybe that's part of the plan...

Course, Orakpo talked to him as well about his visit.

Even if JC has a career year I can not see tagging him to pay him more then $14 million a year.

The Patriots had no intention of paying Cassel 14 mil. If they didn't get a trade offer, they would have pulled the tag and released him. Nothing to lose.

Was reading an article about the jets selecting MS didnt wanna make a whole new thread but found this take on Pete Carroll's reaction to M. Sanchez leaving school

quote from article below

Sanchez started just 16 games at USC — he threw 34 TDs and only 10 INTs last year — and it was surprising that he elected to skip his final year of eligibility. Pete Carroll was not happy with Sanchez's decision, but the GM didn't view that as the ex-Jets coach not thinking his QB was ready, but rather, “Pete was upset because Sanchez locked Pete into a national championship next year,” he said.

“He knows the kid is going to do well.”

I think Vinny greatly value's Pete's opinion and is part of the reason we are so gaga over him .

allright Buford, I'll bite- What is your sig

Haha, thank you for asking. I'm sure others are saying :wtf: every time they see it.

I'm sure I will probably get a negative response for this, but if we manage to draft Sanchez I won't be upset. I'm actually starting to like the idea. The first time I ever saw him interviewed on NFLN I thought that he was going to make a great QB. He seemed like a real genuine guy that wants to earn a starting spot in the NFL.

At that time I was on the Cutler bandwagon. I sure as hell wouldn't mind getting Sanchez. I wonder if we could then couple JC and our 3rd round pick to get early into the 2nd.

Archived