Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why Skins Will Trade With Lions For No. 1

Gregpeck99

Man what is going on with some veteran redskin fans on this site? Most of the time the extremeskin vets are yelling at the rookies around here when they bring up crazy scenerios. a lot of the extremeskin vets are out and about for sanchez.

If god is good, I pray the skins don't pick him. I don't want to have to go through another one of these bust QBs for 3-4 seasons. Please, I beg of you redskins FO don't go after Sanchez wait till next season after you have seen what campbell and colt can do.

the nfl channel is riding sanchezs jock bigtime. most have him more ready than stafford, escpecially for the west coast offense. seattle is also mentioned as a possibly place to land with the seahawks having no qb other than hasselback.this whole thing is total snyder, we need to rebuild our oline and someone is telling him that our oline is ok with just a dockery upgrade.thats an out right lie.if he pulls off this trade we will watch as our team slips further back because he under values the lines influenece in the game.yes sanchez might be all that but even tuna learned that you have to get your line taken care of to give your ab a chance to do well.after the schuler debacle you' think he's know. we need to rebuild the oline then worry bout a qb.he doesn't seem to be a student of the game or our own past.what a shame.

This post makes all the sense in the world when you're talking about the Skins front office. The part about losing out on Cutler and wanting to secure Sanchez (in Snyders mind) also sounds like something he would do. As for not being able to afford the #1 overall pick, when has cap room been a deterrent for this organization?

The thing I'm starting to wonder about is whether it is really Zorn who doesn't like Campbell. I can't see Snyder doing everything possible to get a new QB in here if the head coach really liked the current QB. Zorn must have reservations about JC.

I also don't believe for a minute that the Skins interest in Sanchez is a smokescreen but I'd love to see it turn out that way with us picking up additional picks.

Matt Ryan's contract had $37 mil gauranteed. Sanchez at number one would command something at least $40 mil guaranteed. We would have to be paying him at least $10 mil in the first year!!! We can't afford it if they wanted to!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't kid yourself.....they'd find a way to fit him in.

I don't think you guys with negativity are calculating how bad this Draft is, and how much of a funk the Lions are in in having to pay out millions for a guy they don't believe in, and how much Sniderooo wants the media to feature the Skins story on page 1.

Matt Ryan's contract had $37 mil gauranteed. Sanchez at number one would command something at least $40 mil guaranteed. We would have to be paying him at least $10 mil in the first year!!! We can't afford it if they wanted to!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That would be an absurd amount of money to pay a guy that only started one season in college. I dont have as big of an issue taking him at 13 but our front office cant be that dumb to trade up to #1 to assure they get him...... can they????

The money part will not be a problem ... the Campbell part might.
The problem with the money part is to pay that guy out the ass and he becomes a bust. Talk about setting this franchise even further back. We would become the biggest joke in the league for trading up to #1 giving a rediculous contract and the guy fails.

Greg do you believe Sanchez can come in and start from day 1? You dont trade up to #1 pay him a contract like that and sit him for a year. If your going after a guy like that you must play him from day 1. I think alot of people agree he will not be ready the first year to step on the field and play.

If we drated him #1 and started him the first game vs the Giants he would get absolutely killed. There defense would eat him alive and it would probably scare the **** out of him for the rest of the year.

It makes no sense to draft a QB this year.

If Campbell does well, we won't need one.

If Campbell fails, we get a good chance at one of the better QB's coming out next year.

+1 ... not to mention what happens if JC fails and Zorn fails and we bring in a new coach after next year? You mean to tell me that whoever that coach is, is going to have to be stuck with a guy (Sanchez) that he might not want? It makes no sense regardless. Unless Snyder already has plans about a possible new coach, and maintaining a similar offensive system ... it makes NO sense at all. I cannot see Cowher or Shanahan being told "you are tied to this guy, he is the future you have to develop him".

Makes no sense to me with the rest of the roster and coaching staff seemingly on a tight rope ... unless Zorn is going to be given even longer to teach a rookie QB his "new system".

+1 ... not to mention what happens if JC fails and Zorn fails and we bring in a new coach after next year? You mean to tell me that whoever that coach is, is going to have to be stuck with a guy (Sanchez) that he might not want? It makes no sense regardless. Unless Snyder already has plans about a possible new coach, and maintaining a similar offensive system ... it makes NO sense at all. I cannot see Cowher or Shanahan being told "you are tied to this guy, he is the future you have to develop him".

Makes no sense to me with the rest of the roster and coaching staff seemingly on a tight rope ... unless Zorn is going to be given even longer to teach a rookie QB his "new system".

I was thinking all the above but failed to type it out.

Thanks.

CPortGibbs89 ... Skins could not become anymore of a joke than they are now ... no one remembers the $$$ part ... Snyder somehow finds a way ... he plays the system perfectly that way.

Sanchez will be treated like any other No. 1 QB choice ... he will play in preseason and take it from there. If push comes to shove Collins might start the season ... I'm hoping that because Sanchez played in a pro-style offense at SC, and that beacuse he is "cerebral" ... yes ... he will have no problem starting day 1. Skins have nothing to lose ... they were last in their Division and likely will stay there unless they take dramatic steps to climb out and up.

Archived