Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why Skins Will Trade With Lions For No. 1

Gregpeck99

Dick Edds and Dictator ... you must be joshing ... you mean Zorn has not agreed to work with Cutler ... er ... I mean Sanchez?

I don't know what Zorn has agreed to. What history has taught me is that Snyder is impulsive. Zorn cannot afford to have a 7-9 campaign again. IF we drafted Sanchez, then this year is essentially a throw away year. I'm not sure i want to suffer through another one. If we draft sanchez, Campbell is a lame duck QB. If the skins show poorly, I'm not sure Snyder would want to continue with Zorn. Which means another new coach. which means another new coach who is going to want to pick his QB.

FWIW, I'm not the same person as Dick Edds.

+1 ... not to mention what happens if JC fails and Zorn fails and we bring in a new coach after next year? You mean to tell me that whoever that coach is, is going to have to be stuck with a guy (Sanchez) that he might not want? It makes no sense regardless. Unless Snyder already has plans about a possible new coach, and maintaining a similar offensive system ... it makes NO sense at all. I cannot see Cowher or Shanahan being told "you are tied to this guy, he is the future you have to develop him".

Makes no sense to me with the rest of the roster and coaching staff seemingly on a tight rope ... unless Zorn is going to be given even longer to teach a rookie QB his "new system".

good logic... i think snyder and vinny use the media to their advantage.

SMOKE SCREEN!

wvtbred ... there does not seem to be much of a difference between No. 1 and 4 moneywise ... a few million bucks will not be a dealbreaker, IMO. As for consideration ... my gut is that on the other hand Lions are desparate to avoid spending the money and will take any face saving deal presented ... remember Detroit also has a selection at 20(Cowboys) to fund.

Dictator ... Campbell was not extended ... this tells me Skins have decided he is out ... Zorn certainly is aware of this. Sure, the year with Sanchez may be developmental ... but what is the alternative ... let Campbell flap aropund as a Lame Duck and then walk? Mr. Snyder will not settle for this agony, nor would I.

Dictator ... Campbell was not extended ... this tells me Skins have decided he is out ... Zorn certainly is aware of this. Sure, the year with Sanchez may be developmental ... but what is the alternative ... let Campbell flap aropund as a Lame Duck and then walk? Mr. Snyder will not settle for this agony, nor would I.

Campbell wasn't extended because his numbers were mediocre last year. I agree with others on this post that drafting a 1-year college wonderguy by mortgaging your 2009 draft and possibly a piece of 2010 is way too high. Campbell has shown glimpses of what he can do. With one, or both of his 2nd-year WRs stepping up... and staying healthy - with the Oline getting better with some new horses.... lets see what Campbell can do.

Even if Campbell does well in his contract year, most teams will not likely look at him as having significant value in their system. Because his value would be due to his play in Zorn's system.

That being said, Snyder would be able to sign him to a very modest 3-4 year deal and put his money in other glaring on-going needs like the Oline, Dline, LB, CB and RB. Yes RB..... Portis is not yet 30 - but hes is not a big guy.... he has taken a lot of punishment. The FO doesn't look at Ledell as a franchise RB.

The "let's see what Campbell can do" is not an option the Skins are willing to abide by at this point ... because there is considerable evidence in the film room how that is going to turn ... more of the same. Gambling on Campbell doing well in his contract year to me presents greater odds than letting Sanchez have a shot ... I believe Mark would do better in the WCO, brevity of experience notwitstanding.

It makes sense that we would be linked to Detroit in some way, considering that neither the Skins nor Lions have won 11+ games in a season since 1991. The only team worse than that is the Cardinals, who at least went to the SB last year. Heck, the Browns even won 11 games in 1994...and then went without a team at all for three years.

Thanks, Snyder.

Archived