Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why Skins Will Trade With Lions For No. 1

Gregpeck99

what i havent seen discussed yet is if the lions do not take stafford, who does? draft order

lions

rams: have bulger

cheifs: have cassel

seahawks: have hasselbeck

browns: have anderson/quinn

bengals: have palmer

raiders: have russell

jags are the first team that needs a QB and i could see them taking one. but after that

packers: have rodgers

49ers: have hill and seem committed to him, plus alex smith is still being paid like woah

bills: committed to edwards and cant have a rookie with TO there

then its broncos then us. if the broncos do want a QB they get one before us, but mccdaniels will have to be sold on him, and they now have orton who isnt the answer.

its just strange to think that stafford could end up on the jags if the lions pass. although if they still take stafford, no way we get sanchez without a trade up.

Okay. I know a guy. Here is what is going on.

Vinnie has talked to the Lions. On draft day, the Lions will draft Orakpo. Then they will trade Orakpo to the Skins for Jason Campbell, Fred Davis, Heyer, and the 13th pick in the draft.

This looks like its already set and should go down immediately after the commissioner throws out the first ball and yells "play ball".

The only other thing I know is that Matt Millen is still involved, behind the scenes, and he has approved this trade.

Okay. I know a guy. Here is what is going on.

Vinnie has talked to the Lions. On draft day, the Lions will draft Orakpo. Then they will trade Orakpo to the Skins for Jason Campbell, Fred Davis, Heyer, and the 13th pick in the draft.

This looks like its already set and should go down immediately after the commissioner throws out the first ball and yells "play ball".

The only other thing I know is that Matt Millen is still involved, behind the scenes, and he has approved this trade.

Truth is... Millen didn't get fired, he retired and named his successor...

VINNY CERRATO.

I think trading campbell to aqquire sanchez is a huge risk-- we know campbell has potential he's just never performed to the max IMO--- sanchez is defineatly a roll of the dice--- if he starts and is a "bust" we are set back another 3 years at least

They may have had "preliminary" discussions ... but they sure ain't negotiating ... how can they be? Tom Condon reps both Stafford and Smith. Stafford on Friday NFLNet admitted he hadn't heard anything "concrete" from the Lions. Do you believe everything you read? Last year at this time Jake Long already was signed, sealed and delivered.

They may have had "preliminary" discussions ... but they sure ain't negotiating ... how can they be? Tom Condon reps both Stafford and Smith. Stafford on Friday NFLNet admitted he hadn't heard anything "concrete" from the Lions. Do you believe everything you read? Last year at this time Jake Long already was signed, sealed and delivered.

condon was there saturday and sunday the lions have given word that his friday is the deadline date for negotations to be done with stafford, curry or J.Smith

Archived