Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Chili Poll: How do you like your chili?

HogNose

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Why would anyone go to Michigan ?

:silly:

By choice? No one I know...lol Business takes you where business takes you though. Had to go to Omaha last year as well. Talk about boring. Although, I was at the mall where that shooting occurred the day before it happened. That kind of freaked me out a bit.

With beans :hungry:

Without is like pizza w/o sauce: eatable,

"but that don't mean it's to be done. ****, you could drive a car with your feet if you want to. That don't make it a good ****ing idea."

Thank you Chris Rock :)

I voted "with beans" more because thats how it's served at nearly everyplace around here. When I make it at home 9 times outta ten there's no beans in it, more because the rest of the family can't stand any kind of bean.

So I guess the irony here, as the purist would judge, is that I (who loves chili) eat both chili and some sort of evil mixture with beans but the family has only eaten real chili.

Sounds like you should have voted "without beans"

w/ beans but the key ingredient is Sour Cream...!
Agreed! Cannot eat chili without some sour cream.

:slap: :slap:

While quite nomalicious, sour cream is in NO WAY the key ingredient.

what??? how do you not eat chili with meat?

Might as well just put a bowl of salsa in the microwave :doh:

Oh yeah, and...

Beans, beans, the musical fruit... :silly:

beans in chili is fine, but if you want to have some chili, come to Texas and get real chili with no beans. :cool:

real chili, aka Texas Chili, has no beans!!

It's not real chili if it gots no beans. That's like pizza without pepperoni! And for the record, I like my chili on fire!!!!!!!

33_15_10---Fire-Flame-Texture_web.jpg

It's not real chili if it gots no beans. That's like pizza without pepperoni! And for the record, I like my chili on fire!!!!!!!

lol.gif

chili con carne is the official dish of Texas, and original Texas-style chili contains no beans. ;) Chili cook-offs that I've been to usually don't even allow beans. lol

• 3 years later...
wife is cooking up a pot of Texas Red today....mmmm

We had tortilla soup last night, what some of ya'll call Chili

Only in Texas would people name their food after the state they live in. That's like Mexicans in Mexico calling their food "Mexican food"...FYI it's just called food there. :D

Here is my Southwest deer meat chili, no soup here.

8050241635_54ae424f97.jpg

The biggest improvement in my chili came when I stopped using store-bought ground beef and started buying chuck roasts and chopping it up myself. Having larger chunks of beef (pea to marble- sized) browned nicely beforehand really adds to the beefy flavor and meaty texture. I think ground beef sometimes just falls apart and loses something. Maybe our local supermarket just grinds its meat too fine...

The biggest improvement in my chili came when I stopped using store-bought ground beef and started buying chuck roasts and chopping it up myself. Having larger chunks of beef (pea to marble- sized) browned nicely beforehand really adds to the beefy flavor and meaty texture. I think ground beef sometimes just falls apart and loses something. Maybe our local supermarket just grinds its meat too fine...

I find the same thing, in the picture above I take the ground deer meat but when I brown it I make sure it stays in larger chunks, and I minimize stirring so it doesn't break up. My wife bought some store ground chuck and made chili a week before, by the time she finised it was minced meat pieces.

Only in Texas would people name their food after the state they live in. That's like Mexicans in Mexico calling their food "Mexican food"...FYI it's just called food there. :D

Here is my Southwest deer meat chili, no soup here.

]

Looks like taco soup :)

I like deer in my Chili but the wife won't cook Bambi.

I agree. I love Chili and have never made it from scratch before. Might give it a try...

The only time I make chilli is when I put some ground beef in a can of Bush's Baked Beans and spice it up and throw in a little BBQ Sauce (I call it sweet chilli :D ) Or I make some chilli cornbread with a can of Hormel and some Jiffy Cornbread mix. :ols:

Archived