Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Girl Thread- Keep out boyzzz!

MissU28

MissU, great thread idea...now we just need to figure out a way to subdue Mr. Mike. You're closer to him, I nominate you for the hit. :D

About the straightener, Ren gave a good example. It's really similar to the one I use which is also salon quality. A good straightener, even if it's expensive, is an investment in my opinion. It's definitely one of the things I think is worthy of shelling out a 50-80 extra bucks for...IMO.

It may be time for me to upgrade for my straightener...I use it daily and if it lasts a long time, I should just bite the bullet and get one. The one I have now sucks, I think I got it at target.

Don't ever apologize or feel bad about the size of the diamond you got your lady, Lax. I hate the pressure so many guys feel to get a huge diamond. I wanted to :hammer: one of my girlfriends when she gave her guy a minimum carat size requirement for her ring.

If you really feel that strongly about it, talk to her and see if she would like to use the diamond in a necklace or somehow incorporate it into her new ring because you're right about the symbolism, I think it would be sad to just upsize and not wear the diamond in some way anymore.

Its not so much that she isnt happy or doesnt appreciate it but she works at a bank and gets to look at woman after woman come through with rings so big that I dont know how they hold their hand up! I mean I think it is good to see where we came from and how far we have come but at the same time I want her to have something she is proud to show off. And I dont think I could get rid of the old diamond nor do I think she would want to. She just comes from a family where the more something costs, the better it is and I come from a family where the more you saved the better it is...lol So whether she intends to be or not, sometimes I think she is disappointed by the diamond in the ring.

So the question is:

1) What's better, a 1 carat, but flawed, diamond or a smaller, but visually perfect stone?

2) Where can I get this **** cheaper?

1) What's the grade/classification of the 1 carat you are looking at? I'd say if you are still getting a pretty good quality diamond, even with imperfections, you're fine. Up to a certain classification, only trained jewelers can see the imperfection, so who cares. Personally, I think I'd rather get that than a perfectly flawless diamond...they are just too expensive for the difference.

2) Also, my suggestion is to not buy the diamond from a retail store like Jarod's or Zales or whatever. Buy the diamond by itself from a wholesale dealer, you can usually get bigger, higher quality diamonds for substantially lower prices when you get the diamond by itself this way.

It may be time for me to upgrade for my straightener...I use it daily and if it lasts a long time, I should just bite the bullet and get one. The one I have now sucks, I think I got it at target.

I just went through the whole straightener thing with my wife. I think as long as you get one with ceramic plates, you should be ok. I would expect to spend in the $40-$80 range if you use it every day. The really expensive ones are a rip off I think. The ones they use at the salon are the $40-$80 ones. I know because we have a few friends that do hair. And dont knock target! They actually have decent ones as well mixed in with the cheaper ones. Might be a good place to get a good deal on a decent one. Although, I would say walmart is your best bet.

Coudn't agree more. I went through like 3 $25 ones before I got my current one which is 10x nicer and has yet to die (knock on wood).
Haha, yep, same here. My good one has lasted over 5 years and it's still tickin.
You know, I was just looking through them the other day at Target b/c I was pricing stuff out for another one for travel purposes, and I think I saw that they carry one good, salon quality one. It's about $110 or so, but they might have one. Or, you can just go to a salon, sometimes they have them...or obviously a salon product store. But really, Target might have one. :D By the way, I <3 Target!!
Don't worry Mike, I got your back.
Slacky, that carries about as much weight as my little nephew telling Mike he has his back. Come on now, you know you are no match for us. Us girls are sneaky, coniving, and efficient!

F it man...if Im going out, Im going out like a soldier!!

i think katie has the advantage though with her man being involved with MMA. robin is next and Ren will be purring like a kitten once she sees how I go barbarian on everyone!!

wow, i just feel like a chump even joking like this...but its a joke.

i think katie has the advantage though with her man being involved with MMA. robin is next and Ren will be purring like a kitten once she sees how I go barbarian on everyone!!

wow, i just feel like a chump even joking like this...but its a joke.

Wait...this is a joke? Cause I wasn't joking about being scared of Robin :silly:

Lol, even better Mike, Matt is down here for the week with me...and he's still pissed at his loss at the greco nationals this past weekend. That's a lot of pent up anger I could unleash on you... muuuwhhhaaahhhhhh :silly:

out of context?

you like your keester beat?

Haha, that's exactly what I thought when I saw Toaster Oven's quote

I don't know....I've seen Katie's man and I think Dennis can take him ;)

Plus, he's been stabbed by a Mexican before.... he can take you too, Mike;)

Lol, even better Mike, Matt is down here for the week with me...and he's still pissed at his loss at the greco nationals this past weekend. That's a lot of pent up anger I could unleash on you... muuuwhhhaaahhhhhh :silly:

Shaniqua_Be_All_Like.jpg

Haha, that's exactly what I thought when I saw Toaster Oven's quote

different strokes i guess..ive met your crazy ass and you arent getting anywhere near beating my keester :silly:

I'm trying to decide what's lamer - starting a "girls only thread" or the guys invading it. And since I have now invaded the thread, I choose the former. :D

PS - Love you Robin! :)

Considering the plethora of babe threads,drafts,cheerleader pics,ect. and all the things that come with those,I'm saying it's flat out lame for the guys jumping in. Now I can make sure that the guys stay out,but I'll leave that to the ladies. It is their thread. And a well earned one at that,considering the sea of testosterone they have to deal with here. That they can more than handle you poor guys goes without saying. Up to them. :)

Archived