Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Girl Thread- Keep out boyzzz!

MissU28

around $10-$20

Brown boots! You can find dressier or more casual ones depending on your preference.

My shoes are pretty much always based on my top.

With khakis, I usually abide by the following rules:

Wear cute, sometimes colorful flats...particularly when it's a casual occasion.

Never wear brown shoes.

If wearing a work polo, it's okay to wear tennis shoes.

Never wear too-pointy toed of a shoe, particularly if it's a high heel.

Thanks both! I have boots I wear now, but they are getting worn out and need to be replaced. I actually love shoes, but my problem is that it's hard to find comfortable shoes that fit properly and look cute. Pointy shoes are def out of the question for me bc of the shape of my feet. I think I will try to find something with some color tho.

Also I agree that candles are a nice gift. I also like the idea of themed gifts. So like, if you buy someone a DVD, also getting them popcorn and candy to make a movie night out of it.

That Aaron Rodgers doll is really goofy looking, btw. Haha, I should get one for my bf's dad who is a Packers fan.

I'm buying a few Yankee Candles as gifts this year for friends. They smell really good and aren't too expensive.

The Bath and Body Works candles are a lot cheaper and do the job just as well, I swear! Right now they are 2 for $20!!

Thanks both! I have boots I wear now, but they are getting worn out and need to be replaced. I actually love shoes, but my problem is that it's hard to find comfortable shoes that fit properly and look cute. Pointy shoes are def out of the question for me bc of the shape of my feet. I think I will try to find something with some color tho.

Also I agree that candles are a nice gift. I also like the idea of themed gifts. So like, if you buy someone a DVD, also getting them popcorn and candy to make a movie night out of it.

That Aaron Rodgers doll is really goofy looking, btw. Haha, I should get one for my bf's dad who is a Packers fan.

I like themed gifts, too- giving and getting! I have really started to like candles as I've gotten older- they are so expensive normally, so it is nice to receive them! Especially my favorite, the Anthropologie Volcano candle. $28 but lasts forever!!

The Bath and Body Works candles are a lot cheaper and do the job just as well, I swear! Right now they are 2 for $20!!

I like themed gifts, too- giving and getting! I have really started to like candles as I've gotten older- they are so expensive normally, so it is nice to receive them! Especially my favorite, the Anthropologie Volcano candle. $28 but lasts forever!!

Target has a pretty good variety of candles now as well.

Last year when I was a dirt poor grad student I made various kinds of chocolate-covered pretzels for my family, and made X-mas themed little gift bags w/ those, hot chocolate, and marshmallows.

Wow, is that just a Black Friday thing b/c that's a pretty good deal? I was figuring on spending about $15 per candle (Yankee Candle) but this would be a lot cheaper. Do B&B Works candles smell really good even when they're not lit too (that's the main reason I love Yankee Candle lol)?

I mean, I'm sure they smell good, I guess I'm asking if they smell up the whole room even when they're not lit. Oh, and for whoever is interested, Bath and Body Works has the best air freshener's ever!

Wow, is that just a Black Friday thing b/c that's a pretty good deal? I was figuring on spending about $15 per candle (Yankee Candle) but this would be a lot cheaper. Do B&B Works candles smell really good even when they're not lit too (that's the main reason I love Yankee Candle lol)?

I mean, I'm sure they smell good, I guess I'm asking if they smell up the whole room even when they're not lit. Oh, and for whoever is interested, Bath and Body Works has the best air freshener's ever!

I just got an email that says the promo ends tomorrow- but they have the same promo often. I bought the 2 for 20 candles last month. Normally they are $20 each.

As for smelling up the room- you know, I'm not sure. I usually keep mine closed, but the scents are pretty strong. You should check them out.

I am planning to pick up some air fresheners, too, the wallflowers are 5 bucks right now!

I was at Sephora the other day and they have a lot of really cute stocking stuffer things, like nail polish sets, eye shadow sets, etc. It's cute, girly stuff...but not the cliche Bath and Body Works

I really like Essie nail polish, there were some cute mini sets I saw there. Also, Nordstrom always has really cute little gift sets in their makeup section. I also like most anything from the Philosophy products, particularly their "Amazing Grace" line of lotions. Another thing, if you have girlfriends who travel a lot, or like puzzles, there are these little puzzle books that I love to use whenever I'm flying or at the airport called "Posh Pocket Logic Puzzle." They are super cute, purse-sized logic puzzle booklets with 100 logic problems. I bought a bunch and work on them all the time whenever I'm traveling.

As I think of more things, I'll post em here :D

We're looking for affordable things...you can go crazy in Nordstroms if u wanna...

We're looking for affordable things...you can go crazy in Nordstroms if u wanna...

All the stuff I posted about in regards to Nordstrom and Sephora were within the $10-$20 price range MissU was looking for. I'm not talking about big kits, I'm talking about small stocking stuffer things, like kits of 3 small Essie nail polishes, or small Philosophy lotions. :)

My pocket posh logic puzzle books are $7.99/ea.

You can certainly rule out Nordstroms if you think I'm being extravagant, they were just ideas on my part trying to help MissU out based on what I know about her. :)

Merry Christmas

ps friends it's NordstroM, no s :)

---------- Post added November-26th-2011 at 09:22 AM ----------

and pps, Katie, I plan to get a couple of those logic books for my family members...I want one for myself, I LOVE doing logic puzzles like that!!

I just got an email that says the promo ends tomorrow- but they have the same promo often. I bought the 2 for 20 candles last month. Normally they are $20 each.

As for smelling up the room- you know, I'm not sure. I usually keep mine closed, but the scents are pretty strong. You should check them out.

I am planning to pick up some air fresheners, too, the wallflowers are 5 bucks right now!

WOOT! I love a sale at Bath and Body Works LOL.. I'm going today to pick up some candles and air freshener! Thanks for the info!

---------- Post added November-26th-2011 at 12:46 PM ----------

:paranoid:

Jumping in real quick,....need a few gift ideas for my wife and nieces. Okay leaving now ( and heading to Nordstroms) :movefast:

Perfume, candles, make-up, gift certificates, etc.....

Archived