Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Girl Thread- Keep out boyzzz!

MissU28

but...congrats on your pending engagement!

but yeah, as long as it's not from KMart or something

Whats wrong with kmart? Great deals on jewelry because of the sales they run so you could get a bigger rock for your money. Plus the jewelry is not kmart brand jewelry. It comes from jewelers that choose to sell their products there just like craftsman chooses to sell their tools there. Anyone think craftsman tools are junk? If you want bigger and your man is not rich, you gotta allow a little budget shopping. Costco, BJ's and Sams are great places to look for jewelry as well!

Whats wrong with kmart? Great deals on jewelry because of the sales they run so you could get a bigger rock for your money. Plus the jewelry is not kmart brand jewelry. It comes from jewelers that choose to sell their products there just like craftsman chooses to sell their tools there. Anyone think craftsman tools are junk? If you want bigger and your man is not rich, you gotta allow a little budget shopping. Costco, BJ's and Sams are great places to look for jewelry as well!

I don't know...I wouldn't mind telling someone my ring is from Costco, but if someone asked me where he got it and I said "KMart".... but that's just me and my snobbiness

I don't know...I wouldn't mind telling someone my ring is from Costco, but if someone asked me where he got it and I said "KMart".... but that's just me and my snobbiness

when I was a kid that used to be a running joke. "you get your clothes from k-mart" like it was a bad thing.

the stigma has just always stuck..

My first thought when reading the title of this thread... [sARCASM] "Yeah, that will keep the guys out" [/sARCASM] :hysterical:

Looks like I was right. Good luck ladies. :silly:

I was trying to do it like one of those tree house clubhouses....NO BOYZ ALLOWED

when I was a kid that used to be a running joke. "you get your clothes from k-mart" like it was a bad thing.

the stigma has just always stuck..

yeah....i've bought some clothes from KMart before...WalMart, too...but I would never admit it...

well i guess i just did

Then just tell them you dont know where he got it and be proud to wear your bigger diamond...lol I had to do some budget shopping when I bought my wife's engagement ring. Now that Im making more money, I have been thinking about getting her a bigger diamond (she only has a 1/4 carat now...I know sad) but would that take away from the symbolism of the ring if I replace the diamond? If I did something like that, I thought about taking the current diamond and getting it put into a necklace or something. I just dont want her to be embarassed about the wimpy diamond that was all I could afford a couple years ago!

Hey girly girls:

LaRon%2BLandry.jpg

Laron is a Hottie ;):

Blotting Paper :D - - - - $6.00 on Amazon

21GTBGSH1TL._SS500_.jpg

For a hair straighten: Revlon (approx. $30.00, but it is ceramic)onestopshopcatalog_2049_34329405 Just look at Adam's hair :D

adam-lambert-1.jpg

Adam is a Hottie :D

Ring : 2RL20672_Z.jpg-

It's the size of the heart that is giving it :evilg: "boys" :cool2:

and for the guys - should you need to purchase any of these:

nma.img-ci20051301-074-wm-vs1.jpg

I am sure this GUY can assist you :)

This is a great thread MissU :point2sky

thanks, D'Kan....except for Adam ;) He is no hottie, and he is homosexual.

BUT....is that the hair straightener you use? $30 is a much better price than $110. And do you use those blotting papers? Do they keep your makeup on?

Regarding ring size..I got my wife a 1 carat when I proposed, but since I couldn't afford something perfect at that size, I got a yellow diamond instead of a clear one. It has some tiny imperfections, but because of the color, you can't really see them.

Now that we're a few years into our careers, and have more money, I've been thinking about replacing it, but a highly rated 1 carat diamond ring is still pretty stiff.

So the question is:

1) What's better, a 1 carat, but flawed, diamond or a smaller, but visually perfect stone?

2) Where can I get this **** cheaper?

Regarding ring size..I got my wife a 1 carat when I proposed, but since I couldn't afford something perfect at that size, I got a yellow diamond instead of a clear one. It has some tiny imperfections, but because of the color, you can't really see them.

Now that were a few years into our careers, and have more money, I've been thinking about replacing it, but a highly rated 1 carat diamond ring is still pretty stiff.

So the question is:

1) What's better, a 1 carat, but flawed, diamond or a smaller, but visually perfect stone?

2) Where can I get this **** cheaper?

I really don't know anything about rings or diamonds. Hopefully someone else here can help you.

MissU, great thread idea...now we just need to figure out a way to subdue Mr. Mike. You're closer to him, I nominate you for the hit. :D

About the straightener, Ren gave a good example. It's really similar to the one I use which is also salon quality. A good straightener, even if it's expensive, is an investment in my opinion. It's definitely one of the things I think is worthy of shelling out a 50-80 extra bucks for...IMO.

Rings: What is more important, the size of the rock, or the store it comes from?

For most chicks, it's size of the rock.

My advice, just get something you can afford. Don't go into crazy debt over it or anything, but you don't strike me as someone dumb enough to do that. Congrats though, very exciting!!

Now that Im making more money, I have been thinking about getting her a bigger diamond (she only has a 1/4 carat now...I know sad) but would that take away from the symbolism of the ring if I replace the diamond?
Don't ever apologize or feel bad about the size of the diamond you got your lady, Lax. I hate the pressure so many guys feel to get a huge diamond. I wanted to :hammer: one of my girlfriends when she gave her guy a minimum carat size requirement for her ring.

If you really feel that strongly about it, talk to her and see if she would like to use the diamond in a necklace or somehow incorporate it into her new ring because you're right about the symbolism, I think it would be sad to just upsize and not wear the diamond in some way anymore.

MissU, great thread idea...now we just need to figure out a way to subdue Mr. Mike. You're closer to him, I nominate you for the hit. :D

About the straightener, Ren gave a good example. It's really similar to the one I use which is also salon quality. A good straightener, even if it's expensive, is an investment in my opinion. It's definitely one of the things I think is worthy of shelling out a 50-80 extra bucks for...IMO.

Coudn't agree more. I went through like 3 $25 ones before I got my current one which is 10x nicer and has yet to die (knock on wood).

Archived