Extremeskins

The Girl Thread- Keep out boyzzz!

MissU28

• 2 months later...
I'm reviving this thread ....

I'm engaged. :)

Was proposed to on Saturday.

Go me go!

Whoa!!! Awesome Candace! Congratulations!! Soooo...when's the date, what are your colors, how many bridesmaids do you have, what's your venue?

Hahaha! Get used to the onslaught of questions.

My best advice: ELOPE!!!

My second best advice: If you don't elope, take the hit in the pocketbook and HIRE a wedding planner. Planning it by yourself, or with yourself and your mom is a PAIN IN THE ASS! I was a super laid back bride, didn't really care much about all those idiotic, tiny details like napkins and crap like so many brides...and my aunt STILL had to titrate Xanax into me the 2 days leading up to the wedding b/c I was getting so pissed off at all the vendor questions and meetings and last minute BS details.

So...that's my testimony about weddings...hire a planner, or at the very least, get an extremely organized, motivated, and available family friend to help organize things for you.

Any other questions you might have, feel free to ask! I'm more than happy to tell you good things to look out for and what to avoid. :D

In the meantime, enjoy your engagement!! I'm very happy for you!

P.S. After all the complaining I just did about the wedding, I have to say, married life is great. :D

Congrats Candace!!!!!!!!!!

I'll be a bridesmaid for the first time this March. When I agreed to be one I didn't really think about the cost of it...as a grad student I'm not exactly rolling in the dough right now and I need to order a bridesmaid's dress and shoes and pay for a flight back to VA. Of course the wedding is exactly 1 week AFTER spring break :( But here's to hoping she only gets married once and it's the time of her life bc that makes it all worthwhile! :)

Thank you ladies! It was a complete shock. I was not expecting it at all.

Katie, it's funny .... We haven't even really talked about the wedding yet at all. All of my friends are asking a million questions and I'm always answering with "I don't know." I do know who I'll have as bridesmaids - if I have them at all. I know that I want something simple, small and intimate. I can't see myself spending $30K on a wedding. I keep seeing $30K as a downpayment on a house.

One of my besties spent $32K on hers. She always dreamed of having a huge wedding and that's exactly what she got. She said that she had the best day ever, but looks back at it and says that she could have saved so much money and be so much better off right now if she had went smaller.

I have another girlfriend who is getting married in 2010 and she's going pretty big too. She just spent a fortune on a caterer ... and I just can't see myself doing that.

I don't think that we'll get married in 2010. 2010 is Brandy's year .... I want this year to be all about her wedding and I want her to have her time to shine.

I will probably do something small. I can totally see myself getting married on a beach somewhere .... If I do it that way, I won't have any bridesmaids or groomsmen .... Just me, Tom and the officiant up there. Everyone else can sit back and enjoy.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey ladies - just wanted to pass this on for anyone taking Yaz (and I believe a couple other pills out now have similar issues?)

Earlier this week I found out a friend and former colleague spent 3 days in the hospital for blood clots in her leg which had spread to her lungs (pulmonary embolism). She is ok now, but was completely unaware of the increased risk of blood clots caused by Yaz. I know we all like to think we are well aware of what we put in our bodies, especially if it is prescribed, but this is just an extra notice to be well aware of risks and side effects.

Stay safe, girls!!

Hey ladies - just wanted to pass this on for anyone taking Yaz (and I believe a couple other pills out now have similar issues?)

Earlier this week I found out a friend and former colleague spent 3 days in the hospital for blood clots in her leg which had spread to her lungs (pulmonary embolism). She is ok now, but was completely unaware of the increased risk of blood clots caused by Yaz. I know we all like to think we are well aware of what we put in our bodies, especially if it is prescribed, but this is just an extra notice to be well aware of risks and side effects.

Stay safe, girls!!

Question: does your friend smoke at all? Or does she have any history of high blood pressure or anything like this in her family? Also, what symptoms brought her to the hospital?

Just curious.

I've taken it for about a year now and haven't noticed any problems, but I see the commercials all the time about lawsuits. In fact, my mom called me in an almost panic a few weeks ago to see if that was what I used. I haven't noticed any increase in BP or anything, but the more I hear about it the more I'm thinking of switching...

Hope your friend makes a full recovery, that's really scary.

Question: does your friend smoke at all? Or does she have any history of high blood pressure or anything like this in her family? Also, what symptoms brought her to the hospital?

Just curious.

I've taken it for about a year now and haven't noticed any problems, but I see the commercials all the time about lawsuits. In fact, my mom called me in an almost panic a few weeks ago to see if that was what I used. I haven't noticed any increase in BP or anything, but the more I hear about it the more I'm thinking of switching...

Hope your friend makes a full recovery, that's really scary.

I know she has a few health issues but I don't know specifics. I'm pretty sure she was diagnosed with hyperthyroidism a couple years ago if I recall correctly. Not sure if that could have exacerbated things or not...

I don't know how she ended up at the hospital - I unfortunately haven't talked to her very much.

I know she has a few health issues but I don't know specifics. I'm pretty sure she was diagnosed with hyperthyroidism a couple years ago if I recall correctly. Not sure if that could have exacerbated things or not...

I don't know how she ended up at the hospital - I unfortunately haven't talked to her very much.

Hmmm, I have no idea either if the thyroid would have any involvement in that process, although I suspect not. Regardless, it's scary to hear about things like this happening to young, relatively health girls. I'll definitely be more vigilent about this and talk to my doc next time I see her.

MTH Edit: Candace - Congratulations! <big hug> :)

(adding edit in Miss Keastmann's post so I don't violate the girlz only rule- it's good to be a mod)

Archived