Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Which Redskins vet is most likely to become our comeback player of the year?

Oldfan

"He is playing right tackle right now" sounds like a qualifying, non-definitive statement to me.

"I said, 'hey, Stephon. Take that job. Go get that job.' ..." is what I would tell Stephon since he has no chance at unseating Chris Samuels at the left tackle position.

Too much debate spent on Heyer. He is not a starter in this league. We need someone better at RT this year who can also play LT when Samuels is done.

Too much debate spent on Heyer. He is not a starter in this league. We need someone better at RT this year who can also play LT when Samuels is done.

I mean, the kid was undrafted. He has started for us. I believe he's actually a starter in this league. No one is asking him to be a pro-bowler.

If the Redskins draft one of the top six OTs. It is more likely than not that he will be the planned primary starter at RT this season.

If they think highly enough of an OT, other than Monroe or Smith to spend the #13 on him, you're probably right. That will be the plan.

Based on the consensus of the mocks, I've seen, I don't think it's likely we will pick an OT that high because they all involve risks that Vinny will not want to take with that pick.

I mean, the kid was undrafted. He has started for us. I believe he's actually a starter in this league. No one is asking him to be a pro-bowler.

He started because of injury. Then when old man Jansen stepped in and did better in run support, he lost his job again.

He maybe a nice swing tackle, but thats it. I'm not looking for a pro bowler perse (all though that would be nice). But I am looking for a consistant blocker at both run support and pass pro.

Just like you said, he was undrafted, what can you expect.

Agreed. Heyer is a backup in my opinion and better backing up at the LT than the RT since he handles speed rushers relatively better than he handles bull rushers.

"He is playing right tackle right now" sounds like a qualifying, non-definitive statement to me.

"I said, 'hey, Stephon. Take that job. Go get that job.' ..." is what I would tell Stephon since he has no chance at unseating Chris Samuels at the left tackle position.

Did you actually hear the audio? I think it is archived somewhere, I just don't remember where :/

That being said, even taking that I believe Vinny was saying he IS a right tackle. I've always felt he'd be better on the left side, and played a lot better there in relief of Samuels than on the Right side, so eh...

Agreed. Heyer is a backup in my opinion and better backing up at the LT than the RT since he handles speed rushers relatively better than he handles bull rushers.

:cheers: :applause:

If he can't be effective in the run game, what good is he at RT. LT is his natural position and it shows. However, he is just a backup.

Jansen, Daniels, Wynn, Griff... all of those guys are FINISHED!!! Hard to believe that those four will likely be holding down three of our starting positions until they are injured and Vinny decides to waste a high pick on some useless turd. Everyone will use the excuse that he had to make the trade though cause So-and-So got injured even though we should have never been counting on So-and-So to make it through the season in the first place.

The real question is who will win the Puddin' Crap of the Year Award for player who has the biggest drop off. This one could be hotly contested with Samuels, Portis, Hall, and Big Fat Haynesworth all vying for the crown.

I'm going to have to agree with a few of you and say Phillip Daniels. I do think having Haynesworth there is going to make a huge difference. If he has ANYTHING left in the tank, he should log quite a few sacks. We already know he plays the run well, so it should help tremendously.

I'm going to have to agree with a few of you and say Phillip Daniels. I do think having Haynesworth there is going to make a huge difference. If he has ANYTHING left in the tank, he should log quite a few sacks. We already know he plays the run well, so it should help tremendously.

I am EXTREMELY confident that Daniels won't make it to week 4

Jansen, Daniels, Wynn, Griff... all of those guys are FINISHED!!! Hard to believe that those four will likely be holding down three of our starting positions until they are injured and Vinny decides to waste a high pick on some useless turd. Everyone will use the excuse that he had to make the trade though cause So-and-So got injured even though we should have never been counting on So-and-So to make it through the season in the first place.

The real question is who will win the Puddin' Crap of the Year Award for player who has the biggest drop off. This one could be hotly contested with Samuels, Portis, Hall, and Big Fat Haynesworth all vying for the crown.

But, other than that -- you're optimistic about the coming season?

I'll say Andre Carter.

Ringer: If we dont pick a LB or DE at 13. Marcus Washington may be back. He is still out there and I think we are the only team that gave him an offer.

I think Carter could have a big year. He is double teamed alot and always seems to be a second or two away from the Qb. Lets see if he can take advantage of alot of 1 on 1 match ups.

Cant say I am really confident in Jansen. Its possible that losing some weight could help him but I really think the guy is done. He has had so many injuries and age is not on his side anymore. I am also uncertain that Daneils and Wynn have alot left in the tank. We shall see.

Andre Carter is the most likely veteran to see a quantifiable bounceback in his production. Haynesworth's presence on the interior, and a more stout complement at LDE, should both combine to force more QBs out of the pocket and into the sights of AC coming off the edge.

I am firmly in the camp that one veteran who WON'T be having a resurrgence, is Jon Jansen. He's completely overmatched in any pass pro scheme at this stage in his career, and was increasingly ineffectual as a run blocker as the season progressed. If ever there was a veteran whose tank is on empty, it's Jon Jansen.

I am firmly in the camp that one veteran who WON'T be having a resurrgence, is Jon Jansen. He's completely overmatched in any pass pro scheme at this stage in his career, and was increasingly ineffectual as a run blocker as the season progressed. If ever there was a veteran whose tank is on empty, it's Jon Jansen.

Nah. He has a mediocre season or two left -- and right now -- mediocre is going to look good compared to the past couple of seasons at that position. Jon will be coming into this season in the best shape he's been for a while, into an easier camp and preseason, and not coming off rehab from a serious injury.

Even though he's not a Redskins vet yet I say Deangelo Hall, he actually seemed pretty pissed by not getting any pick 6's last year and I really think he has something to prove cause most the league doesn't think he deserve the money he got and with bullrushers up front never know what could happen.

Archived