Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Which Redskins vet is most likely to become our comeback player of the year?

Oldfan

My vote would be for Cornie Griffin if his shoulder is finally right. He will be getting singled next to AH and he can beat most guards one on one when healthy.

If Griff is still dinged then it depends on what we do in the draft. if we get a young ORT who can play, then we might need to flip a coin between Portis and Campbell as to who would be most improved.

I keep hearing people say he will learn to catch. What makes this year any different than last? He was working on his hands last year. The man can't catch...period.

Don't worry. If they want to keep him, they can tag him.

Well, I'd think Rogers is going to have a better year because (hopefully) our D Line will apply more pressure on the QBs, forcing them to release it quicker, which means that our CBs will get more opportunities to make pics.

I fully expect Rogers to drop 6 - 8 pics this year. But I expect him to also grab 3 or 4 just based on the opportunuties alone.

Don't act like he didn't get some pics this year. The one he got against San Fran was a nice one with a nice return to go along with it.

Phillip Daniels could be comeback player of the year IF he starts and stays healthy.

If we draft a linebacker or offensive lineman with that first pick, then Daniels will get LOTS of playing time, and since he was injured last year, a comeback would be pretty easy. Most comeback players awards are won because they are coming back from injury or hard times, and Daniels qualifies for that. 5 sacks and 40 tackles and he could easily find himself in the running for comeback player of the year, especially at his age he would be a sentimental favorite. NOT FAR-FETCHED AT ALL!

over the past 20 seasons, non skill guys have won it 3 times. its usually RB/QB/WR, some sort of offensive skill position. daniels isnt good enough to win it, and no other vets are coming off super down years.

i guess for the redskins themselves itd be either daniels or jansen, but both of them are getting so old itd be tough to imagine either of them having a crazy season.

I don't know BLC, what about ARE who has been good but not stellar the last two years, could he be the one on offense that surprises? I do think Daniels has a chance, prior to being hurt last year he was claiming to be in the best shape of his career and injury free. Could the year off with the injury actually have benefited him?

My vote would be for Cornie Griffin if his shoulder is finally right. He will be getting singled next to AH and he can beat most guards one on one when healthy.

If Griff is still dinged then it depends on what we do in the draft. if we get a young ORT who can play, then we might need to flip a coin between Portis and Campbell as to who would be most improved.

Grif had about 23 tackles last year and started bout every game. He so far has been "da man" and has been the one to get double teamed, but if he is healthy, and that a HUGE but, then he could certainly have 45-50 tackles again, although I don't know if thats good enough for comeback player.

However, Golston led the Skins in tackles last year on the defensive line, and he may qualify for "player that never was" because if he beats out Grif then Golston could become a Superstar.

I'd put my money on either Carter or Griffin. Playing next to Haynesworth should open up a lot of one on one opportunities. I can see Griffin having another one of those 6 sack seasons and Carter hitting double digits.

Also may want to consider Landry. He had a bit of a quiet year last year. Expect QBs to be pressured more and make riskier throws. I hope Landry has a break out year.

I don't know if Landry can technically have a break out year. I don't think he has natural hands for the interception. he swats a lot of passes down where he could pick it with relative ease.

Gotta go with Andre Carter. While not mentioned as an elite pass rusher, he easily has the potential for double digit sacks. I think he falls somewhere in the 10-13 sack range this year. IF Griffin, Daniels and Big Al stay healthy for most of the year I think the Skins D line will be NASTY.

Gotta go with Andre Carter. While not mentioned as an elite pass rusher, he easily has the potential for double digit sacks. I think he falls somewhere in the 10-13 sack range this year. IF Griffin, Daniels and Big Al stay healthy for most of the year I think the Skins D line will be NASTY.

well I said Daniels, you said Carter, and somebody else said somebody else.

We had such an UNDER performing team last year than any number of players could win this award except for Rocky and Fletcher.

if marcus loses the attitude and realizes he's not going to get another offer i'd say he's the comeback player of the year.

of the players on the roster?

reed doughty, he has a great story and will find some way to get on the field even if it's just on special teams.

There are other candidates. Make your pick and please give your reasons.

amndnyg.jpg Co-Comeback Players of the Year Cardinals_Redskins_Fo_Lea.JPG

Anthony Montgomery and Reed Doughty

Maybe playing alongside Haynesworth will re-spark the fire Monty showed 2 years ago when he was considered an up and coming DT

Reed Doughty because he's Reed Doughty never makes the same mistake twice, but mainly b/c he's my favorite Redskin.

My vote is for Griff. He's still a very good DT, but I think he wore down because he took too many snaps because Montgomery got in the dog house and he took too many double teams.

Griff 1 on 1 is a win for him most of the time.

I'm also thinking Thomas will have a better year.

Phillip Daniels. Not because he's gonna have a stupendous season or anything, but because he's coming off a season-ending injury and with Albert Haynesworth attracting blockers he should be able to make a decent number of sacks and TFL's.

Daniels will definitely lead the team in TKLs this year.

Archived