Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Logo

Trippster

I really like the changes the Lions made. Subtle, but effective. I wouldn't mind if the Skins did some tinkering as well. Nothing significant, but make the NATIVE AMERICAN a bit more menacing and a bit less clip-art. I also wouldn't mind if they tweaked the colors. Right now they say burgundy and gold, but honestly, it's really more dark red and yellow. I wonder if a deeper/darker burgundy (less red) combined with gold might look nice. Then again, that might look too much like FSU.

Most of you guys don't like the new tapered stipes look that many teams have now, like the Broncos. Personally, it's grown on me and I think the Broncos uniforms are a huge improvent over the old ones. They are darker shades of the same color and they ditched the clip-art horse. Very effective, I think.

But for the Skins, maybe it's best just to leave it alone.

For one thing, I do like the feathers on the out side, it finishes the logo to me. I like to draw, im not saying the logo should be changed, because just like most of you I love it. But like I said I like to draw and it looks cool, drawn basically the same, but with just a hint of a more mean edge.

You realize that they stole that from us, right? And for what it's worth we never had the yellow with the arrow. It was an R with a feather. The spear was on the throwbacks from the 70th anniversary season. Personally I loved the spear when we had it up until 1969.

Sure, they stole it, but now it's synonymous with FSU. Let's not be associated with them, thanks.

I believe the helmet history went something like this:

1. Plain with stripe

wash_big_1950.jpgwash_big_1955.jpg

2. Feather on back

BRB1%20(2).JPGBRB1%20(5).JPG

3. Spear with feathers

Helmet%2BHut%2BRedskins

4. Lombardi R with feathers

Kilmer1

5. Current design

redskins-helmet.jpg

6. 1982 Curved feathers

AAAAC8z4d7IAAAAAADlgPw.jpg

I may have left some out, most of the changes occurred before I was born, so I don't remember them.

I do like ours alot but the yellow with the arrow was awesome in that Gaints game two years ago.

Umm the yellow helmet did not have the arrow or spear on it......it had the R with the feather on it.....The separ(arrow) helmet is all burgundy(but its darker than what we currently wear) and has a grey facemask...

You realize that they stole that from us, right? And for what it's worth we never had the yellow with the arrow. It was an R with a feather. The spear was on the throwbacks from the 70th anniversary season. Personally I loved the spear when we had it up until 1969.

Thanks for clearing that up!

As far as the logo it's the best!!:helmet: I'd like it if they throw in, a:logo: throw back uni. In at least one home game a year.... Even if it's just a minor change such as the 82 logo on the helmet..

When i was watching the pro bowl the one helmet that truly stands out is the redskins, the logo is of a proud and dignified american indian. and when it makes the helmet standout, leave the best alone afterall its not broken is it

"If it's not Baroque, don't fix it!" :hysterical:

Anyway, our logo is amazing. :logo: It definitely stands out.

Also, I'd just like to say...it's SO much better than a plain, old star....seriously, though. It is. The Indian looks SO proud and brave.

and while we are on the subject I hate the white on white and I blame that on Norv when he was here. We need to always wear burgundy at home except when playing Dallas we wear white so they have to wear blue like in the old days :) When we wear white jerseys PLEASE wear burgundy pants. Then a couple times a year wear double burgundy!

African American Symbol???

Maybe I should not have mentioned the African American symbol. It might spark an entire new conversation and I support Mr. Holder but this is not the place to discuss political corrections and American history.

But for the Skins, maybe it's best just to leave it alone.

Your ideas were right in line with other good changes seen from other teams. So who knows?

I'm no kind of apparel designer, but one thing I saw from the Hoyas a while back got me thinking about a similar burgundy and gold kente trim (around the sleeves and neck) as something of a tribute to those of that persuasion who played for the 'Skins organization.

rise_u_aiverson1_400.jpg

velocet

This thread just has to do with the logo so I didn't think it belongs with all of the other "uni" threads. Seeing as the Lions have a new logo, where would you rank the Redskins logo in comparison with other teams? Personally, I think it's one of the best. It is the most intricate in terms of its artwork. The Native American (P.C.) doesn't look menacing, but he does look proud and dignified. To not sound too much like a homer I never really understood the extra set of feathers on the outside. The only other logos I'd put in the same league are the Raiders and Buccaneers. Other teams may have better uniforms but the Redskins logo is without peer.

What does the term "Native American" have to do with PC?

Archived