Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Andre the Giant...Almost a Redskin?

Boss_Hogg

Offense would be Flair as QB, Kevin Nash and Hall as tight ends. Offensive linemen would be Viscera, Abdullah Yokozuna king kongg Bundy and One man gang. Rikishi at center. Booker T and Stevie Ray as receiver and Hogan and Warrior as HB and FB. We would be devistating.

Good God, what a disaster that ordeal was. I remember watching his last match at WrestleMania XX against Goldberg (also his last match in WWE). The crowd kept chanting "you sold out," and the match was the worst in WM history IMO.

Sold out how? Going to play in a REAL sport that wasnt fake?

Selling out to me is faking everything with the outcome already known to those involved, so in essence the wrestlers sell out every time they get in the ring heh

Big John Studd lived in Springfield, Va -- he and Andre would really make life difficult for FG kickers (6-11 and 7-4) Andre wouldn't have much other utility as he was pretty stiff. IIRC, BJS actually had some athleticism. If he could have played TE, wow.

I think I remember hearing that someone got ahold of the Redskins' measurements on Andre and he was really only 6'11".

Selling out to me is faking everything with the outcome already known to those involved, so in essence the wrestlers sell out every time they get in the ring heh

I suppose. But Lesnar's NFL career...well, never mattered and the match still sucked. He's 3-1 in MMA now, though.

He definitely wasn't selling out because he would have made a lot more money as a wrestler than he ever did as a football player.

Selling out to me is faking everything with the outcome already known to those involved

You mean like every show on TV other than sports?

It's just a show dude. I would have to say that almost everyone who watches it realizes that it's not real.

http://www.wwe.com/superstars/halloffame/andrethegiant/bio/

"Though the company would change dramatically, Andre would remain with the McMahon family for the next 20 years; he was even offered a contract by the NFL’s Washington Redskins in 1974, but turned it down to stay in the ring."

I'm sure some of the older fans may know more about this than I do.

When I saw the title to this thread, I thought "My God!! Snyder is trying to overpay for dead guys now too!!":doh:

He definitely wasn't selling out because he would have made a lot more money as a wrestler than he ever did as a football player.

You mean like every show on TV other than sports?

It's just a show dude. I would have to say that almost everyone who watches it realizes that it's not real.

lol Sports are meant to be real, tv shows are not unless its history, or a documentary. Yea a lot of people love wrestling, but its just a jerry springer show w/o all of the losers on it. Hey some people love watching springer, and thats cool :) I do not heh

:laugh:

Yeah I also heard they tried to sign the Ultimate Warrior at LB.

and

Kamala to be our LT.

Ted Dibiase as our Head Coach.

:D And I think hulk hogan was going to play fullback before Riggo came from the Jets..... Right?

No, good little bit of info.THX I didn't know that.

Archived