Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Andre the Giant...Almost a Redskin?

Boss_Hogg

Yeah I also heard they tried to sign the Ultimate Warrior at LB.

The Ultimate Warrior was my favorite back in the day. That man was so pumped, he had to have been on something. :laugh: I remember beating Hogan for the WWF title in Wrestlemania VI, I believe. His finishing move of taking his victim and holding him straight above his head was the best.

I remember as a kid meeting Andre the Giant in Rocky Mount North Carolina. He autographed my Wrestling program. I don't know if they still do it now but back then they would hold wrestling matches outside in some small baseball stadiums. Thats where I met him at in Rocky Mount North Carolina. He had just finished his match. I patted him on the back and man did he have a lot of sweat. I was like ewww. But it was cool standing right there with him. I remember being excited. That night it was Andre the Giant, Black Jack Mulligan, Greg the Hammer Valentine, Rick Flair, Wahoo McDaniel and a few more. I'm probably going a lil old school for some cats reading this but the older cats know some of those guys.

I remember as a kid meeting Andre the Giant in Rocky Mount North Carolina. He autographed my Wrestling program. I don't know if they still do it now but back then they would hold wrestling matches outside in some small baseball stadiums. Thats where I met him at in Rocky Mount North Carolina. He had just finished his match. I patted him on the back and man did he have a lot of sweat. I was like ewww. But it was cool standing right there with him. I remember being excited. That night it was Andre the Giant, Black Jack Mulligan, Greg the Hammer Valentine, Rick Flair, Wahoo McDaniel and a few more. I'm probably going a lil old school for some cats reading this but the older cats know some of those guys.

Feel ya!!

I remember the day they announced that on the radio. I was 11-12 years old and I was all excited about it and dissappointed it didn't happen. I don't think I knew who Andre the Giant was at the time biut when they read off his height and weight i was sure we would be Super Bowl bound :doh:

I don't think he would have lasted long....and I think he knew it. He had bad problems due to his condition and it was getting worse. Football would have just accelerated his worsening condition.

Archived