Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NY Times: A.I.G. Sues U.S. for Return of $306 Million in Tax Payments

heyholetsgogrant

Not saying I am advocating it...it's just starting to look like it's going to happen. The people are angry and have seen enough...I was watching CNN this morning and there were a lot of protests going on...sooner or later it's going to get uglier.

Much like Kilmer17 I am starting to get a gnawing lump of dread im my gut.

Nah, we're not even close. The American people are too soft and have it way too easy.

Go outside and get some fresh air.

Nah, we're not even close. The American people are too soft and have it way too easy.

Yep, and that is a main reason for the efforts to postpone paying for this mess.

Can't afford a breeze when you build a house of cards.;)

Go outside and get some fresh air.

Agree 100%.

I wouldn't doubt it if I'm the poorest person on this board, and I still eat fairly well. We're not even close to the desperate that's necessary for violent mob uprisings.

I mean I was in prison where people are DESPERATE and things are BAD. But I never saw a riot. Not really.

You might get someone like that tractor dude on the Mall a few years back or maybe some NWO jackass with a hunting rifle but that's it. Everyone is e-hard and nothing more these days.

I've been saying this for awhile. We're too fat and complacent right now. If it gets to the point where the American people can't gorge themselves on 5 Mcdoubles for 5 dollars, then maybe there will be an uprising. Until then we'll all just sip our big gulps from our keyboards and feign outrage.

Not sure if you are speaking hyperbolically (is that a word?), but Im starting to have this gnawing lump of dread in my gut about whats going to happen next and what straw will finally break the proverbial back of the US. And then what happens?

Proper English would simply be "You are speaking hyperbole,...." or "You are being (or must be etc) a hyperbolist."

Per "then what happens?"---then an ominous smile slowing crosses the face of Mass Skins Fan as he begins unlocking the steel bars securing a huge cellar door...

Proper English would simply be "You are speaking hyperbole,...." or "You are being (or must be etc) a hyperbolist."

Per "then what happens?"---then an ominous smile slowing crosses the face of Mass Skins Fan as he begins unlocking the steel bars securing a huge cellar door...

****ing Awesome! Remember Scott, I was always on your side brother! :D

I was listening to good ole GOP radio today and a caller called in and made an interesting point.

If we owe 80% of the company, perhaps it's time to start thinking about government pay scales for this. No one should make more then the President, so no one at AIG should make more then 20% more then the President.

Also, the government is looking to hire an executive compensation analyst. That's scary.

Yeah the best and brightest would take a huge paycut to stay there when they have options to move to companies that didn't take the bailout money and I'm sooooooo sure investors and those with 401ks have confidence in those who owe 80% of A.I.G.to not make it worse.

AIG better payback that money quick.

Wall street screw ups can be fixed not the case when it comes to government.

Not sure if you are speaking hyperbolically (is that a word?), but Im starting to have this gnawing lump of dread in my gut about whats going to happen next and what straw will finally break the proverbial back of the US. And then what happens?

The angrier the country gets, you could see violence. This country is near the tipping point.

Archived