Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Westbrook36 hates: March Madness

Westbrook36

Eh, the Subway one was funny...he's done this one every year for the past 3 or 4 years. This is not Westy being funny. :)

I don't know, I kinda agree with zoony on this one. I thought the subway thread was hilarious, and this one is funny, too. Who cares if he doesn't like March Madness? That's his opinion. And, a lot of what he says is true. Of course there are people that don't fit into his category of bracket fans, but there are many that do.

This is where you venture into the completely absurd. Meaningless games are televised all year. College wrestling is televised .. high school basketball .. major league soccer .. water polo ... and you think that office pools are the only reason the college championship tournament of one of the most popular sports in this country is televised?

Highschool basketball isn't meaningless when two of your nephews are playing.

But you are 100% correct about Soccer. ESPN stopped televising Texas Holdem because it was beating soccer in the same timeslot

You make a good case for both OSU and Siena, that is a tough one. Look out for Gonzaga to be a sleeper, and I think that Pitt, Louisville, UConn, and UNC all have a decent chance at winning it all. I think we'll see some good games come the Super Sixteen and the Excellent Eight.

:silly:

Dude, how can Gonzaga be a sleeper if they're a 4 seed? They've also been ranked all year. Or close to it. They've also been to like 11 straight NCAA tourneys. If you mean, sleeper as in winning it all. Yeah, I can buy that. But they aren't a sleeper to win a game or two. Btw, what is the "Super Sixteen"?:silly:...Not a college bb fan are ya?

Dude, how can Gonzaga be a sleeper if they're a 4 seed? They've also been ranked all year. Or close to it. They've also been to like 11 straight NCAA tourneys. If you mean, sleeper as in winning it all. Yeah, I can buy that. But they aren't a sleeper to win a game or two. Btw, what is the "Super Sixteen"?:silly:...Not a college bb fan are ya?

:rotflmao:

thought you might wanna be in on a lil secret. Those few posts were jokes. ;)

unless of course my own joke meter is broken and you were joking. lol

westy is an idiot most of the time but i have to agree with him on this one. MM is terrible. i can't stand it. the best part about it is when it's over. college basketball in general is boring. like somebody said the game is often decided in the final seconds or moments and for that reason i can't see why anyone would sit through the first 98% of the game.watch sportscenter for all that crap. Vegas is one of the bigger reasons MM gets alot of hype as well as the sports bars. It does create alot of spending but it's not for me. I can't wait till september. HAIL SKINS!!

:rotflmao:

thought you might wanna be in on a lil secret. Those few posts were jokes. ;)

unless of course my own joke meter is broken and you were joking. lol

I don't think he was joking. He's an online warrior, he takes the interwebz very seriously. He knows all and has to correct everyone into his way of thinking on the netz. :rolleyes:

Update: On ESPN First Take today, Skip and Jamela discussed whether or not MM would be popular if there were no brackets. The answer was a resounding "NO!"

You know why? Because without brackets and rankings, none of you peanut brains would know who to pick unless you watched a half hour of Vitale or Bobby Knight after selection Sunday.

I just don't understand it, gents. How the **** can you root for a team when you DON'T KNOW ONE ****ING PLAYER ON THE TEAM?!?!! Even when I go to a dog-fight or something, I'll ask a fella "Hey, who is the dog on the right? Oh, Marty. Ok, I'm rooting for Marty to tear the other dog's face off." None of you even bother to figure out who you are rooting for.

I was listening to ESPN Radio driving home this morning and ****ing Erin Andrews was discussing possible sleepers and which number 1 seed is the most vulnerable. ****ING ERIN ANDREWS. MM jumped the shark so long ago you can't even mention now that it has jumped the shark.

It's ok, I'll be the only one to rain on your parade. ESPN tells you this is exciting theatre and you should be interested and fill out office pools and like the good sheep you are, you dutifully follow. Ignorance is bliss.

You know why? Because without brackets and rankings, none of you peanut brains would know who to pick unless you watched a half hour of Vitale or Bobby Knight after selection Sunday.

Actually, without brackets there would be nobody to pick because there would be no brackets...

The only time is is allowable for Erin Andrews to discuss sports in a way that someone actually believes she is being serious is if that is the exact view you have when she is doing so; if you know what I mean.

no, I have absolutely no idea what you mean actually. that is one of the worst constructed sentences I've ever read.

no, I have absolutely no idea what you mean actually. that is one of the worst constructed sentences I've ever read.

I think he means he's going to go hang out with cjcdaman or whatever his name is that is threatened by women who know more about sports than they do.

The only time is is allowable for Erin Andrews to discuss sports in a way that someone actually believes she is being serious is if that is the exact view you have when she is doing so; if you know what I mean.

Erin Andrew's chewed gum knows more about sports than Westy.

Update:

I was listening to ESPN Radio driving home this morning and ****ing Erin Andrews was discussing possible sleepers and which number 1 seed is the most vulnerable. ****ING ERIN ANDREWS. MM jumped the shark so long ago you can't even mention now that it has jumped the shark.

Ooo, Erin Andrews, what did she have to say? I like her insight. And which team is going to jump over the Sharks? The Sharks are Pepperdine right? I won't pick them then. Tell me man, don't leave me hanging. WHAT DID THEY SAY?!?!?! I gotta bracket to fill out.

I think he means he's going to go hang out with cjcdaman or whatever his name is that is threatened by women who know more about sports than they do.

Call me sexist, I don't give a ****. I can't take a woman seriously who is telling me about the market or sports. Sorry.

Archived