Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Julian Peterson may be avaliable should we sign him / can we sign him?

redskins021

You're kidding, right? Rocky has bad knees, London is 33, Blades will never be a starter except out of desperation and Fincher is a special teams player. LB is a critical need. Moreso than RT. The team HAS to do something at LB and DE.

We had the number 4 defense last year with Blades playing in Washington's spot. I don't see LB as this critical need that you say it is.

If anything, DE is a more critical need because we have no experienced starters at that position.

I don't think the team will sign anyone until after the draft. They will fill holes the best they can after they know how the draft shakes out. What if they sign a LB or DE and a convergence of the planets occurs which allows a great young player to drop to them in the draft? Would they then pass on him and take someone of lesser value just because they had already signed a player? They would be much better off picking through the leftover FA after the draft.

I agree. I think Vinny and Co. are done looking at FAs and will wait to see what happens in the draft. There will be plenty of FAs to pick through from the draft through post-June 1st cuts.

If he's released you can bet we'll be looking at him. He's a former Seahawk, a local guy and a Pro-Bowler, we'd be dumb to not try and work something out with him considering our lack of draft picks.

Acquiring Peterson would let us focus on our other two big needs in the draft.

He's already been traded to Detroit. Good trade for Detroit. Redding is grossly overpaid and a product of playing with Shaun Rogers. Peterson is also overpaid but with Ernie Sims already there they have a nice LB core. If they can sign Angelo Crowell which I hear is a huge possibility, watch out but the Lions could have an amazing LB core. I'm still not entirely convinced they go QB with the first pick, I think that Jason Smith will garner serious consideration. Also it's near impossible to move down from #1, but I have a feeling they want to move down a few spots to take BJ Raji to replace Redding and since they lost Rogers a few years back. Don't be surprised if these two same teams trade again. Maybe Lions trade back to 4 to take Raji to replace Redding, and Seahaws trade to #1 to take Curry to fill their LB need after losing Peterson and LeRoy Hill just being franchised. Would be funny if that happened.

http://www.kjram.com/pages/seahawks_top_stories.html

The Seahawks are considering releasing Julian Peterson and I think this will be a great pick up for us if we can make it work into the cap situation. Hes a local kid was born in MD and hes only 30 years old he probably has a good 3 years left in him This will allow us to go DE or OT in the draft. What do you guys think?

Didn't the Skins draft Arrington instead of him?

http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/03/14/seahawks-deal-lb-peterson-to-lions-for-dt-redding/

The Seattle Seahawks have traded LB Julian Peterson to the Detroit Lions for DT Cory Redding and a 2009 fifth-round draft choice, NFL.com’s Steve Wyche has confirmed.

Peterson, who has made five Pro Bowls, including the past three, has started every game but one over the last three seasons for Seattle after spending six seasons with the San Francisco 49ers. He has 46 sacks and eight interceptions over his nine-year career.

Redding played in 13 games for the Lions in 2008 before a knee injury forced him the miss the final three games of the season. He had 38 tackles and three sacks last year, and for his career has 16 sacks and 200 tackles.

The trade was first reported by foxsports.com.

In all honesty, he was the guy we should've signed instead of Andre Carter (at the time). I say sign him. He will instantly improve our pass rush.

I agree I always wondered way they did not go after Peterson instead of Carter. I felt he was a better player.

The Postons are his agent...so yea, I doubt we even talk to them.

As for whether wanting him, I think he would be a great fit. A great all-around LB with the ability to put his hand in the dirt and rush the passer. He is really good at pass-rushing, whether its a blitz from his LB position or as a DE on 3rd downs.

The guy IMO is like London Fletcher in that they are/were both underrated and apparently under-valued by their own teams' FO.

shouldn't be hard hs is comming off injury and is looking for a 1 year deal and may only get the vet min. I don't think he would be a huge upgrade would rather bring back Marcus

I haven't heard or read of any talks with Crowell and the Skins. Everything that's being said is that Crowell has been in talks with the Bucs, Lions, Eagles and re-signing with the Bills. If there's that much competition for him, I doubt the Skins will be able to afford him.

shouldn't be hard hs is comming off injury and is looking for a 1 year deal and may only get the vet min. I don't think he would be a huge upgrade would rather bring back Marcus

Crowell is 27 and had 126 tackles the last time he played...what has Marcus Washington done in the last 3 years? I love MW but c'mon man.

Archived