Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Pentagon: Chinese vessels harassed unarmed ship

Chump Bailey

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D96QJ2S00&show_article=1

WASHINGTON (AP) - The Pentagon charged Monday that five Chinese ships shadowed and maneuvered dangerously close to a U.S. Navy vessel in an apparent attempt to harass the American crew.

Defense officials in the Obama administration said the incident Sunday followed several days of "increasingly aggressive" acts by Chinese ships in the region. The incident took place in international waters in the South China Sea, about 75 miles south of Hainan Island.

U.S. officials said a protest was to be delivered to Beijing's military attache at a Pentagon meeting Monday. The USNS Impeccable sprayed one ship with water from fire hoses to force it away. Despite the force of the water, Chinese crew members stripped to their underwear and continued closing within 25 feet, the Defense Department said.

I really distrust these ****s...

From the CNN version of the story this is what kind of ships were involved:

The Chinese ships involved were a Navy intelligence collection ship, a Bureau of Maritime Fisheries Patrol Vessel, a State Oceanographic Administration patrol vessel and two small Chinese-flagged trawlers, the statement said.

Why did the Chinese sailors strip to their underwear? Strange. So the response was to hose them down. Maybe the sailors from both sides have been at sea to long and were having some kind of wet T-shirt/underwear contest?

Why did the Chinese sailors strip to their underwear? Strange. So the response was to hose them down. Maybe the sailors from both sides have been at sea to long and were having some kind of wet T-shirt/underwear contest?

I saw somewhere this morning (Fox?) that the Chinese sailors were mooning the US ship and doing your basic trash talking. I mean I guess it's a big deal but not really. Sounds like some drunk teenage sailors to me.

Yeah, but thinking about it, what better to help their economy then to let them unleash their war machine again?

What war machine? they have a constitution written after WW2 that forbids them to build an aggressive military. They can barely defend themselves. :doh:

What war machine? they have a constitution written after WW2 that forbids them to build an aggressive military. They can barely defend themselves. :doh:

As in letting them make their military again.

Poor poor mad mike. Lighten up dude, seriously. You're gonna have a coronary.

Don't ever overlook the Japanese. They have the wealth and the know how to arm themselves to the teeth within a few short years. Add in equal parts fanatacism that would make Al Queda look like weekend hobbyists, and you've got a recipe for some serious ass-kicking.

I pity the poor ****s that **** with them. Seriously. They're gonna go all divine wind all over Kim's ass.

That ship just sits on the edge of international waters and trolls for Chinese submarines. I wonder what type of orders these Chinese ship crews were actually under. Lucky for us our guys didn't do anything rash and we can continue tracking their subs. :)

I saw somewhere this morning (Fox?) that the Chinese sailors were mooning the US ship and doing your basic trash talking. I mean I guess it's a big deal but not really. Sounds like some drunk teenage sailors to me.

"What were you doing in a 3G, inverted, roll, six feet from a MiG?"

"We were, uh, communicating. Yeah, communicating."

I think this is pretty much expected. Everyone wants to test the waters with Obama from looney-toon Kim Jong Il and his missile-launch drills, to Iran with their stupid nuke program, to Russia flying close to Canadian airspace before an Obama visit, now to the Chinese.

Don't ever overlook the Japanese. They have the wealth and the know how to arm themselves to the teeth within a few short years. Add in equal parts fanatacism that would make Al Queda look like weekend hobbyists, and you've got a recipe for some serious ass-kicking.

I pity the poor ****s that **** with them. Seriously. They're gonna go all divine wind all over Kim's ass.

Oh, I know the potential. I was born there and because of that, studied their culture for most of my life. The warrior code never really went away, it just changed to the battlefield of business. It wouldn't take much to change it back.

The problem is that a modern war might not give them time to re-arm before they were destroyed. They may not get a few years. It's not just Kim either. The Chinese have had a long standing grudge with Japan. A flash war with North Korea starting it and China joining in might not give them a few weeks.

That ship just sits on the edge of international waters and trolls for Chinese submarines. I wonder what type of orders these Chinese ship crews were actually under. Lucky for us our guys didn't do anything rash and we can continue tracking their subs. :)

The real question is why now with NK rattling it's sabers at the same time?

More...

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=CNG.1da91b565bedacc6461ea17550408182.471&show_article=1

China naval incident 'early test' for Obama: US lawmakerChina naval incident 'early test' for Obama: US lawmaker

US President Barack Obama faces a critical "early test" from China over a tense naval standoff in the South China Sea, and the whole world is watching his response, a US lawmaker cautioned Monday.

"This story will reverberate around the world and will be carefully watched in North Korea, Iran and Syria," said Republican Representative Mark Kirk, a US Navy Reservist who was at the Pentagon when the incident occurred Sunday.

US President Barack Obama faces a critical "early test" from China over a tense naval standoff in the South China Sea, and the whole world is watching his response, a US lawmaker cautioned Monday.

"This story will reverberate around the world and will be carefully watched in North Korea, Iran and Syria," said Republican Representative Mark Kirk, a US Navy Reservist who was at the Pentagon when the incident occurred Sunday.

The problem is that a modern war might not give them time to re-arm before they were destroyed. They may not get a few years. It's not just Kim either. The Chinese have had a long standing grudge with Japan. A flash war with North Korea starting it and China joining in might not give them a few weeks.

A good point. If you wage war against Japan, you better win VERY quickly.

Japan is very similar to the US in 1935. Churchill's quote iirc "a sleeping giant"

Archived