Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cowherd all over espn980.com

NeverForget ST#21

Does anyone else find it strange how advertisements for Colin Cowherd's show / upcoming visit to D.C. are posted all over espn980.com? Isn't the whole creation of espn980 Snyder's doing in order to create a filtered Redskins radio outlet? It just seems counter productive to have the guy in radio whose probably the biggest Skins hater and routinely bashes the franchise plastered all over your supposed "in house" radio site.

Just a thought- not surprising that Snyder is doing something irrationally / unconventionally. Let me know what you guys think.

haters flock to him, and this way you give off the image of trying to have both perspectives. unfortunately, cowherd sells right now. he's like a car accident, just violent and sad, but you can't help but look (though we should all do our best to do so and ignore him, he is a waste of space)

and i understand that he's hosting his show here, my question is why would SNYDER and SYNDERS RADIO want to go out of their way to promote the guy that is their biggest critic. There's no way whatever espn980 takes away from his promotion event outweighs what cowherd bring in

Well wouldn't it be ESPN promoting it? Or cowherds show / organizers promoting it. In a sense they could be "paying" for the advertisements. Ya know, because that's how stations get paid.

What I don't understand is why he's coming to Washington to promote opening day of the NCAA turni when we don't have any games this year. He won't even be in Washington, but MoCo for God's sake.

At least last year Colin was at Clyde's in Chinatown when the turni opened next door at Verizon Ctr. Somewhat more relevant.

Well, Radio Snyder is an ESPN affiliate. He pretty much can't say "I don't like Cowherd so I'm not going to promote Cowherd's show'. If he did that then ESPN would pull their contract and Snyder will be left with programming a bunch of time on his own. That can get expensive. Snyder doesn't want to have to spend money on his other operations if he doesn't have to.

Notice two people have broken Pic links in their sig? It's likely one of them hotlinked to a site that requires a password.

A voice of reason. I'm not an I.T. guy so I never would have figured that one out.

i just figured it was the ghost of George Allen in some sort of spying mode.

Coming to D.C.? ummmm, better watch his back. :kungfu:

Look...just because he's coming to D.C. doesn't mean we're going to sign him :doh: we don't sign every free agent that takes a flight to D.C.:doh: I'm just going to do this some more :doh: to reiterate the point that I am looking down upon you:doh: oh this isn't a thread about free agency????!!!!!!:silly:

(sorry I just thought that a post like this was mandatory in every thread, that plus a post saying "this has already been posted, or, should go in ATN")

Archived