Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

dcprosportsreport.com: Demetric Evans knows Snyderrato (M.E.T.)

thedevilhimself

http://dcprosportsreport.com/2009/03...nyderrato.html

I liked D Evans while he was here but I saw him nothing more than a rotational player now he has a point, we could and should have re-upped him in the season, but there is a lot of younger and cheaper players (Evans is 30) behind him who can be as effective in Buzbee, Wilson and Jackson and if it continues I kind of like that direction we are going . Evans never stood out from the crowd, a high effort guy but nothing special

http://dcprosportsreport.com/2009/03...nyderrato.html

I liked D Evans while he was here but I saw him nothing more than a rotational player now he has a point, we could and should have re-upped him in the season, but there is a lot of younger and cheaper players (Evans is 30) behind him who can be as effective in Buzbee, Wilson and Jackson and if it continues I kind of like that direction we are going . Evans never stood out from the crowd, a high effort guy but nothing special

He is nothing more than a rotational player. He will not be another Antonio Pierce, David Akers, and so on because he is not that type of player. I mean he could amaze us all and get 10 sacks and a crap load of tackles and blow us out of our boots, but that is highly highly unlikely. He went for the money and I respect him for that, but I would not pay him what San Fran payed him because he is on the WRONG side of 30 and is just merely a backup.

He was an ok player. He was not a starter like Pierce or Ryan. To this day I still don't understand why they got rid of Pierce or Ryan. I still remember pierce being offered the contract from the giants and he still came back to the redskins to if they could match it. I think it was 1.5 million more in the overall contract that the skins had to match and they didn't give it to him. I'd be pissed off too, and Ryan, he didn't do anything wrong and he got the boot.

:blahblah::blahblah::blahblah::blahblah::blahblah::blahblah::blahblah::blahblah::blahblah::blahblah::blahblah::blahblah::blahblah: I'm D. Evans :blahblah::blahblah::blahblah::blahblah::blahblah::blahblah::blahblah::blahblah: feel sorry for me :blahblah::blahblah::blahblah::blahblah::blahblah::blahblah::blahblah: bitter about it :blahblah::blahblah::blahblah::blahblah: My career is about over :blahblah::blahblah::blahblah:

I don't see where he is being bitter. He's right. We never made a move his way because our arrogant arses think we can pluck these types of guys off the street. Now not I my are we down a starting DE, we have three holes to fill at that spot.

Guess they have high hopes for Buz and rJack

A lot of people in here were saying the same thing about Clark(rotational player...not that good) when we let him go. Evans quietly played very well for us the last 2 seasons when he had opportunities.

If Phillip Daniels hadn't gotten hurt last year we would barely know who Demetric Evans was. He put up very mediocre numbers, despite 11 starts, and it's funny that when the season ended, JLC (who wrote the hatchet piece) himself said we needed to upgrade Defensive End, and yet he writes as if Evans is now the greatest end out there. Bogus.

From all accounts Evans seems like a good guy, but he's a backup who wanted to start. I wish him well in SF.

Think about this. I hadn't noticed it before reading this article, but hell yes he has a right to be bitter about it...

Imagine you're Demetric Evans. You've given the team a solid effort for 5 years. Now you're watching the Albert Haynesworth press conference, and Haynesworth holds up his new jersey. Number 92. Your number.

Talk about the writing on the wall. Who wouldn't feel a bit bitter about that? Interesting that he signed with the 49ers just days later.

A lot of people in here were saying the same thing about Clark(rotational player...not that good) when we let him go. Evans quietly played very well for us the last 2 seasons when he had opportunities.

The way I remember it, people were worried about losing Taylor's "setup" guy more than just saying "well, he's expendable."

I don't see where he is being bitter. He's right. We never made a move his way because our arrogant arses think we can pluck these types of guys off the street. Now not I my are we down a starting DE, we have three holes to fill at that spot.

Guess they have high hopes for Buz and rJack

Considering he manages to name a few himself, it appears we can pluck these guys from the street.

It's not a lose-lose situation. Yeah we lost a valuable reserve, but he's replaceable with a guy who's cheaper and younger. If he produces, hello comp pick. If he flounders, no loss.

The way I remember it, people were worried about losing Taylor's "setup" guy more than just saying "well, he's expendable."

To me re-signing Evans would have been nice, but not really necessary. He entered FA saying he would demand a starting spot and starting money. I would imagine our front office laid it out straight up. The best he would get was reserve money and a chance to compete for a starting role. SF probably told him they would start him. Easy choice. Best of luck to him.

To me re-signing Evans would have been nice, but not really necessary. He entered FA saying he would demand a starting spot and starting money. I would imagine our front office laid it out straight up. The best he would get was reserve money and a chance to compete for a starting role. SF probably told him they would start him. Easy choice. Best of luck to him.

Sorry, I meant Sean Taylor and Ryan Clarke, not Jason Taylor... :)

If Phillip Daniels hadn't gotten hurt last year we would barely know who Demetric Evans was. He put up very mediocre numbers, despite 11 starts, and it's funny that when the season ended, JLC (who wrote the hatchet piece) himself said we needed to upgrade Defensive End, and yet he writes as if Evans is now the greatest end out there. Bogus.

From all accounts Evans seems like a good guy, but he's a backup who wanted to start. I wish him well in SF.

You know, this is one place where I'm really disappointed in JLC and the Washington media in general. With the release of Taylor and the passing on signing Evans, they should be putting the question to the organization about what exactly their plans are at DE. They may just get a "no comment", but I think it is better than them taking pot shots at the organization, which doesn't really add anything to the discussion.

I can understand him being a bit bitter, but I wouldn't exactly call a 3.5 sack year as a coming out performance, particularly when two and a half sacks came against Pittsburgh where he was more the beneficiary of the gameplan than on his ability to put on pressure. One game does not a big contract make.

personally, I think we could have matched that offer and gotten at least 2-3 more years of serviceable production from Evans. Sure he wasn't an all-pro, but neither was PD. I understand we need to get younger, but I think he would have been the perfect stop-gap player while we groomed Buz or RJ or drafted a DE. he gave us depth and veteran experience at a reasonable price. Those are the types of players you keep because you know exactly what you're gonna get out of them. Just my opinion. best of luck DE!

personally, I think we could have matched that offer and gotten at least 2-3 more years of serviceable production from Evans. Sure he wasn't an all-pro, but neither was PD. I understand we need to get younger, but I think he would have been the perfect stop-gap player while we groomed Buz or RJ or drafted a DE. he gave us depth and veteran experience at a reasonable price. Those are the types of players you keep because you know exactly what you're gonna get out of them. Just my opinion. best of luck DE!

I think you could bring Daniels back at the same kind of money as Evans, BUT had not noticed that about Hayensworth holding up Evans shirt 92 ... that sucks .

I think you could bring Daniels back at the same kind of money as Evans, BUT had not noticed that about Hayensworth holding up Evans shirt 92 ... that sucks .

PD should be cheaper, he is almost 5 years older and is coming off a major surgery. Evans has been relatively healthy his entire career and has a good 3-5 years left in him at the level he is now (IMO).

PD is slow as molasses and you never know how he is gonna recover at his age. Evans, while maybe slightly more expensive, is FAR less risky than relying on PD or even bringing back Wynn. Just my take, it wreaks of Ryan Clarke, could have kept him for peanuts, he just wanted to be guaranteed the opportunity to be a starter, since he had started the previous year.

I'm a little dumbfounded that our best DE from last year was not even offered the vet min, it really makes me question Vinny's logic. But that's just me and I hope PD can return to form and give us one more good year of run defense on his end.

I could never get why those guys were bitter when they left. Hell if the skins didn't give them their shot they wouldnt be in the league. I was upset when pierce left but he really hasn't done a whole heck of a lot. Clark on the other hand was a bad move. Good luck Evans enojy that crappy over paid defense.

Archived