Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

dcprosportsreport.com: Demetric Evans knows Snyderrato (M.E.T.)

thedevilhimself

Andre Carter 2008: 16 Games 14 Starts 37Total 23Solo 14Ast 4Sack 1Pass Def

Demetric Evans 2008: 16Games 11Starts 33Total 20Solo 13Ast 3.5Sack 2Pass Def

Very comparable numbers. I don't think it's just the front office that lacks any sort of loyalty or value for players without a big name. Looks like some of the homers have picked up the same wrong minded view of things.

The guy did nothing but put up numbers equal to our "star" defensive end and at worst was relatively inexpensive reliable depth. Now that's gone and we are thin again. Maybe we'll sign Peppers and once again prove that our FO is one of the most inept in the league. With all the money an owner could possibly spend on a franchise they fail fail and fail again.

I could never get why those guys were bitter when they left. Hell if the skins didn't give them their shot they wouldnt be in the league. I was upset when pierce left but he really hasn't done a whole heck of a lot. Clark on the other hand was a bad move. Good luck Evans enojy that crappy over paid defense.

You always think like a servant or is that something you picked up recently? He may be bitter because finding out that he's out of here by watching another guy is holding up his number is about as classy as taking a dump in the punch bowl. He may be bitter because he was willing to take peanuts to stay (showing he liked the team, something no one around here seems to give a damn about which explains a lot) and was given the brush off despite putting up comparable numbers to ever full time start on the line last year. When you bust your ass for a company and they treat you like trash, being bitter is pretty damn understandable. And no... it doesn't mean spit that they gave you a shot, you earned your stay or they would have bounced you out of town.

Aso Pierce hasn't done much? Stop smoking that stuff man, it's bad for you.

Andre Carter 2008: 16 Games 14 Starts 37Total 23Solo 14Ast 4Sack 1Pass Def

Demetric Evans 2008: 16Games 11Starts 33Total 20Solo 13Ast 3.5Sack 2Pass Def

Very comparable numbers. I don't think it's just the front office that lacks any sort of loyalty or value for players without a big name. Looks like some of the homers have picked up the same wrong minded view of things.

The guy did nothing but put up numbers equal to our "star" defensive end and at worst was relatively inexpensive reliable depth. Now that's gone and we are thin again. Maybe we'll sign Peppers and once again prove that our FO is one of the most inept in the league. With all the money an owner could possibly spend on a franchise they fail fail and fail again.

Course, you ignore the fact that Evans got most of his sacks in one game, which was more about the gameplan than the player. For the other 15 games, he had a grand total of one sack.

Course, you ignore the fact that Evans got most of his sacks in one game, which was more about the gameplan than the player. For the other 15 games, he had a grand total of one sack.

We are taking about numbers of 4 and 3.5. You realize that right? If we were talking about 10 sacks and 8 came in one game I'd see your point. No one on the line was a sack machine, mostly do to the run first mentality the redskins defense employs. I was more interested in tackles actually.

My take on the situation is this. It seemed as if it were a forgone conclusion that Evans was gone when he said that he wanted to be a starter. I like Evans and all, but he's not a guaranteed starter. Our FO seemed to be expecting to go into the season with Jason Taylor (the likely starter), maybe a rookie DE, Buzbee (who a lot of people seemed pretty high on before his injury), Chris Wilson (who I think shows a good amount of promise) and Rob Jackson z(who I think will get a solid shot to move up the depth chart). The team is obviously trying to get younger so Evans would have been in the rotation and maybe the 3rd or 4th player in said rotation. So the team figured they'd move on without him.

The Haynesworth thing was a signal of such a mentality to me. I don't think they were slapping him in the face with Haynesworth holding Evans' number up. Jason Taylor was still in the plans for the team, and they figured there was no way Evans was coming back considering he probably would have been somewhere deep on the chart. Cutting Taylor was a surprise it seems, and the team is now scrambling to find some LDE depth, in FA they are either going for a definite starter (i.e. Olshansky), if we got Evans back there would still be no guarantee he'd be a starter as we'd probably try to get a starting caliber DE in the draft. So why make a major effort to keep Evans when you're trying to get younger or want a for sure starter?

It sucks he didn't stay, I wanted us to keep him. But I think it would be much more ****ty for the team to promise him a starting position when we may draft a DE or might want to see what we have in our younger DEs as opposed to a 30 year old potential guy.

I'mnot sure why people are acting as if Demetric Evans is the difference on whether we make the playoffs or not this upcoming season...

He's not anything special, to be honest. He's good depth that wanted to start and we couldn't guarantee him that. Good luck to him in SF.

He's gone. Oh well. Move on.

You always think like a servant or is that something you picked up recently? He may be bitter because finding out that he's out of here by watching another guy is holding up his number is about as classy as taking a dump in the punch bowl. He may be bitter because he was willing to take peanuts to stay (showing he liked the team, something no one around here seems to give a damn about which explains a lot) and was given the brush off despite putting up comparable numbers to ever full time start on the line last year. When you bust your ass for a company and they treat you like trash, being bitter is pretty damn understandable. And no... it doesn't mean spit that they gave you a shot, you earned your stay or they would have bounced you out of town.

Aso Pierce hasn't done much? Stop smoking that stuff man, it's bad for you.

You are right I'm sorry. Evan's deserved to be treated much better. Comparable numbers to the other members of the d line? Thats like winning the gold at the special olympics. I mean afterall he gave this franchise what 33 tackles our of 11 starts.

Evans has had 7 seasons to prove that he is a legit starter in the NFL. Thats a bigger window then most NFL players get to prove their worth. In my eyes he fell into that Ade Jomoh category. A mediocre player that some how always found a way to break into the active roster.

I can see why he'd be bitter, but it's a business, he was replaceable, point blank.

He's had what 7 seasons to show us what he can do, and is nothing more than an average backup. Time to cut our losses and let someone else with promise get his playing time.

You are right I'm sorry. Evan's deserved to be treated much better. Comparable numbers to the other members of the d line? Thats like winning the gold at the special olympics. I mean afterall he gave this franchise what 33 tackles our of 11 starts.

Evans has had 7 seasons to prove that he is a legit starter in the NFL. Thats a bigger window then most NFL players get to prove their worth. In my eyes he fell into that Ade Jomoh category. A mediocre player that some how always found a way to break into the active roster.

I think he was better than Jimoh but certainly not a full time starter. Like I said, the guy was quality depth. I also agree with you on the comparable numbers thing (lol) not a very tall mountain to climb. haha

Archived