Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Take Back the Redskins--Boycott Concessions One Game

atlantaskin

If nine people from ES don't buy beer at one game then Vinny will get fired fure sure.

I think a majority of the people at the ES tailgate probably get their fill of food and booze before going in. I don't think he's noticed our lack of purchases yet.:cool:

And no, I don't have a Jason Taylor jersey. I stopped buying jerseys after Patrick Ramsey. I'll stick to a Green or Sean Taylor jersey moving forward.

Or go with the jersey of a legendary Redskin who will always be known as a Redskin, like Charley Taylor, Monte Coleman, John Riggins, etc.

OMG, people, this isn't about Jason Taylor. Has anyone been paying attention for the last ten years? We have no plan! Why did we trade for Taylor if we turn around and cut him this year?

I'm sure they didn't plan on trading for Taylor to play here for only one season.

Things happen.

Personally, I'm happy to see an aging, one dimensional player gone.

In retrospect, bringing Taylor in was a bad move.

You deal with it and move on.

Plus, we have millions of dollars to play with.

So you're made that they cut bait with five 30+ players (Kendall, Washington, Daniels, Taylor, and Springs) and used that money to get a 27 year old ProBowl D tackle and a 28 year old starting guard?? In addition, the chose the 25 year old corner over the 34 year old corner who can't stay healthy and in the process of doing all of this they also are now $12 million under the cap?? The 2nd round pick was gone last year!!! Get over it....I wanted them to keep Taylor if it didn't affect us in free agency, but if we can use that money to continue to address the o-line and maybe a linebacker then I'd take it....

So you're made that they cut bait with five 30+ players (Kendall, Washington, Daniels, Taylor, and Springs) and used that money to get a 27 year old ProBowl D tackle and a 28 year old starting guard?? In addition, the chose the 25 year old corner over the 34 year old corner who can't stay healthy and in the process of doing all of this they also are now $12 million under the cap?? The 2nd round pick was gone last year!!! Get over it....I wanted them to keep Taylor if it didn't affect us in free agency, but if we can use that money to continue to address the o-line and maybe a linebacker then I'd take it....

:applause::applause::applause:

You have a "magical pony?" :yikes: With it's own horn and wings and ****?

STOP THE THREAD NOW! And give this man WHATEVER he wants, for he is :king:

Hail.

Holy crap! These new Smileys are awesome! :saber:

Love the King!

BTW, I will NEVER boycott concessions! I sneak a bottle of crown in each game, and I need SODA to put it in! Three $5 Sodas is all the concession I need!

well I didnt renew my season tickets this year foor the reasons stated above...

Might go to a game here and there and buy cheap from scalpers but no more getting hosed on paying 100 beans a game for a pre-season game...not going to happen!

taylor did nothing for us last season and there was no guarantee he would help this year either.... i'm glad to see snyderato owning up to past mistakes and trying to take corrective action (even if we did lose those picks)

You are an idiot, Sir.

Wow, that was an intelligent post. You moron.

I can't get over how many people think this franchise is well run. It is stunning. After so many years of dumb moves, how is it that so many people just go along with everything the team does?

I was completley on board with the Haynesworth signing. Until we lost Jason Taylor. It is crystal clear that this organization has no plan, no long-term goal and no clue. Redskins fans deserve better than what we are getting. Dan Snyder needs to fire Vinny and get out of the way. This organization is a disaster.

How can we, the loyal fans, exert some pressure? Clearly giving up tickets would not be effective because the Redskins will always sell tons of tickets.

Nope, the way to do this is to boycott concessions. If we want to hit the Danny where it hurts, in the pocket, the way to do this is stop buying beer and hotdogs and Johnny Rockets at the game.

I'm starting my movement now. One game this year. It won't be a divisional game, but one game this year we should boycott concessions so that Dan Snyder knows that the loyal fans are tired of the mediocrity and the fly by the seat of your pants ownership. It's time for some real football people to be in control.

Who's on board?

How does Taylor help you (with or without Haynesworth) if he doesn't have the explosion he needs to get to the QB on a regular basis and/or if his heart isn't in it?

His position on off-season workouts is understandable, but so is the notion that he's not as committed as he ought to be after an injury year (and people questioning his heart for the game).

The team resigned its #1 off-season priority, upgraded the middle of its D-line immensely (although I'm not really for the move, but you say you are), and re-acquired Dockery in a great deal (talk about upgrades). We should boycott who for the what now?

taylor did nothing for us last season and there was no guarantee he would help this year either.... i'm glad to see snyderato owning up to past mistakes and trying to take corrective action (even if we did lose those picks)

I think that's pretty accurate. This, to me, was an admission that the Taylor trade didn't bear fruit. It's good to see the team do something it has been reluctant (at best) to do in the past: cut their losses. All teams make personnel mistakes. You don't have to live with those mistakes once you've identified them.

Wow, that was an intelligent post. You moron.

I can't get over how many people think this franchise is well run. It is stunning. After so many years of dumb moves, how is it that so many people just go along with everything the team does?

You can disagree with many of the moves (as I did with the Haynesworth signing and the Taylor trade) and still point out the smart moves the team just made (re-signing Hall, getting a great deal on Dockery) in the same year. What I can't fathom is how people only point out the good or the bad and then base a judgment on that. Life is lived in the grey.

Here's the point: if you are going to cut Taylor and all those other guys as well, why not cut Taylor first and then go out and sign Haynesworth and Canty? The fact that they didn't get Canty (which they have the money / cap room to do) and THEN cut Taylor shows that this was not part of the plan.

We cut all those guys, signed the guy we wanted, let one guy we liked go, and then cut Taylor. The timing makes no sense and just shows that this wasn't them "admitting that the Taylor trade didn't bear fruit." That seems like giving them an out.

If they felt that way, why not cut Taylor earlier and sign Canty also? Because they never thought that far ahead!

Here's the point: if you are going to cut Taylor and all those other guys as well, why not cut Taylor first and then go out and sign Haynesworth and Canty? The fact that they didn't get Canty (which they have the money / cap room to do) and THEN cut Taylor shows that this was not part of the plan.

Obviously it wasn't part of the plan.

And I still don't see your point. :(

Archived