Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Take Back the Redskins--Boycott Concessions One Game

atlantaskin

OMG, people, this isn't about Jason Taylor. Has anyone been paying attention for the last ten years? We have no plan! Why did we trade for Taylor if we turn around and cut him this year? Can we please think for a minute about all of the dumb moves that have been made and that continue to be made.

I was completley on board with the Haynesworth signing. Until we lost Jason Taylor. It is crystal clear that this organization has no plan, no long-term goal and no clue. Redskins fans deserve better than what we are getting. Dan Snyder needs to fire Vinny and get out of the way. This organization is a disaster.

How can we, the loyal fans, exert some pressure? Clearly giving up tickets would not be effective because the Redskins will always sell tons of tickets.

Nope, the way to do this is to boycott concessions. If we want to hit the Danny where it hurts, in the pocket, the way to do this is stop buying beer and hotdogs and Johnny Rockets at the game.

I'm starting my movement now. One game this year. It won't be a divisional game, but one game this year we should boycott concessions so that Dan Snyder knows that the loyal fans are tired of the mediocrity and the fly by the seat of your pants ownership. It's time for some real football people to be in control.

Who's on board?

While your fevor is extreme, it is misguided.

The concessions, beer, soda, nachos, that money does not go to Snyder.

There is a company that rents the space, they determine what is sold and how much to charge.

The only thing you would gain is putting 300 or so employees out of work for your one game haitus.

Let me ask you something? I noticed in your profile you are in Atlanta.

How many games do you go to each year?

If you are so adamant about making a statement, then organize a protest rally at one of the games. Contact the media and enjoy your name in the spot light.

Mean while I will be cheering for the best damn team in America and giving them 100% support.

There is a company that rents the space, they determine what is sold and how much to charge.

The only thing you would gain is putting 300 or so employees out of work for your one game haitus.

If you are so adamant about making a statement, then organize a protest rally at one of the games. Contact the media and enjoy your name in the spot light.

Mean while I will be cheering for the best damn team in America and giving them 100% support.

I go to every game, thank you very much. We have four seats and if I'm in Atlanta, I fly home for the game. How many games do you go to.

This has nothing to do with my name in the spot light. That was a stupid comment. As was the "best damn team in America" line. Really, I love this team. Always have. But they are not the best damn team anywhere. In fact, we were fourth in the east last year.

The only things that Dan will notice are Skins merchandise sales and season tickets. Reading through these forums will give you a pretty good idea how that will fly.

I think that's his point. All the concessions sold at games are money that goes directly into Danny's pocket. No one's gonna give up their season tickets. But, if for one game people didn't buy concessions it would really hurt Danny's bottom line. And if Vinny is hurting his bottom line.... :)

I go to every game, thank you very much. We have four seats and if I'm in Atlanta, I fly home for the game. How many games do you go to.

This has nothing to do with my name in the spot light. That was a stupid comment. As was the "best damn team in America" line. Really, I love this team. Always have. But they are not the best damn team anywhere. In fact, we were fourth in the east last year.

You are presented with a fact that negates the premise of your entire "idea" and this is your response?

I don't think you are right about that. All jerseys and concessions sold at the games go directly to the owner, as opposed to the NFL pot.

I think that's his point. All the concessions sold at games are money that goes directly into Danny's pocket. No one's gonna give up their season tickets. But, if for one game people didn't buy concessions it would really hurt Danny's bottom line. And if Vinny is hurting his bottom line.... :)

Mr. Snyder does not own the concession stands. He does own the retail arm of the Skins(anything with a logo) at the stadium as well as the retail outlets in the DC area.

Telling Skins fans not to buy that ST#21 jersey or that skins license plate holder is another mountain all together.

1. I will not stop complaining. This team is a joke. It isn't just because they let Taylor go. It's because signing Haynesworth (and releasing Springs, not Taylor to do so) makes sense only if you keep Taylor. The Taylor situation should have been handled before they committed $100 million to Haynesworth...

Andre Carter is a RE and so is Jason Taylor. At this point in their careers, I'd rather the younger more durable Carter. I could see you pitching a fit if we don't solidify the LE situation. Given his performance last year, age, and most importantly his salary, I can't be displeased that Taylor is gone. The team wanted him to show up to 25 out of 39 practices. He couldn't do that so they gave him his walking papers.

I'd rather take the money that would have been wasted on JT and sign a solid run stout LE, Igor Olshansky comes to mind, and a solid LB to replace Washington. If neither of those things come to pass before our roster is set, then you can say the sky is falling all you want. Seems like an extremely premature ****fest to be brutally honest with you. :2cents:

He is right about that.

edit: except for the Hall of Fame store

Mr. Snyder does not own the concession stands. He does own the retail arm of the Skins(anything with a logo) at the stadium as well as the retail outlets in the DC area.

Telling Skins fans not to buy that ST#21 jersey or that skins license plate holder is another mountain all together.

So, what you are saying is that you don't think Snyder gets anything from the concessions sold during his home games?

Love the idea. But doubt the execution and effect.

Not showing up to the stadium, selling tickets to opponents, or having a booth with a rally and media coverage before the game would send a stronger message.

So, what you are saying is that you don't think Snyder gets anything from the concessions sold during his home games?

My guess is he leases out the space. I guess they could be home grown businesses for Mr. Snyder. But I doubt it.

In a nutshell it is no different that boycotting your local (fill in the blank store) at your local strip mall because you have a beef with the owner of the strip mall. The owner is still getting his rent checks. The tenant is the one getting hosed.

Yes. He receives "rental fees" from a concession company. That company is the highest bidder. According to texasthunder the name of the company is Centerplate Corp. At Verizon Center it's Aramark. It is the companies that decide the prices and make money off concession sales. Danny makes his money from renting the space to the companies. He will make his money regardless, so boycotting concessions would do nothing.

My guess is he leases out the space. I guess they could be home grown businesses for Mr. Snyder. But I doubt it.

In a nutshell it is no different that boycotting your local (fill in the blank store) at your local strip mall because you have a beef with the owner for the strip mall. The owner is still getting his rent checks. The tenant is the one getting hosed.

Snyder owns the entire Stadium. What he does is outsource the cooking of the food and the pouring of the beer to another company. They get a cut of what they sell, but Snyder gets a cut too. Snyder most likely gets more than 50% of the profits. You'd have to actually see the profit.

Bottom line, this idea, if carried out, would take a large chunk of change from Snyder's pocket. And because the companies are locked into a contract, it would not cost anyone their job.

Yes. He receives "rental fees" from a concession company. That company is the highest bidder. According to texasthunder the name of the company is Centerplate Corp. At Verizon Center it's Aramark. It is the companies that decide the prices and make money off concession sales. Danny makes his money from renting the space to the companies. He will make his money regardless' date=' so boycotting concessions would do nothing.[/quote']

he gets more than rental fees. he sells a license to them for them to do his work. its just an independent contractor. he definitely takes a large cut of all the concessions.

In fact, money earned at the game from concessions, jerseys and club seating is what is not shared throughout the league.

he gets more than rental fees. he sells a license to them for them to do his work. its just an independent contractor. he definitely takes a large cut of all the concessions.
You keep saying the same thing like this time it's true. It's not. He doesn't take ANY cut of the concessions.

Archived