Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Take Back the Redskins--Boycott Concessions One Game

atlantaskin

I was completley on board with the Haynesworth signing. Until we lost Jason Taylor. It is crystal clear that this organization has no plan, no long-term goal and no clue. Redskins fans deserve better than what we are getting. Dan Snyder needs to fire Vinny and get out of the way. This organization is a disaster.

How can we, the loyal fans, exert some pressure? Clearly giving up tickets would not be effective because the Redskins will always sell tons of tickets.

Nope, the way to do this is to boycott concessions. If we want to hit the Danny where it hurts, in the pocket, the way to do this is stop buying beer and hotdogs and Johnny Rockets at the game.

I'm starting my movement now. One game this year. It won't be a divisional game, but one game this year we should boycott concessions so that Dan Snyder knows that the loyal fans are tired of the mediocrity and the fly by the seat of your pants ownership. It's time for some real football people to be in control.

Who's on board?

Yeah, not to be a spoilsport, but he wouldn't notice. Even if every ES regular who goes to the games coordinated and did this, it wouldn't even be a blip on the concessions books radar against the sales from the other 90k in the stadium.

I was completley on board with the Haynesworth signing. Until we lost Jason Taylor. It is crystal clear that this organization has no plan, no long-term goal and no clue. Redskins fans deserve better than what we are getting. Dan Snyder needs to fire Vinny and get out of the way. This organization is a disaster.

How can we, the loyal fans, exert some pressure? Clearly giving up tickets would not be effective because the Redskins will always sell tons of tickets.

Nope, the way to do this is to boycott concessions. If we want to hit the Danny where it hurts, in the pocket, the way to do this is stop buying beer and hotdogs and Johnny Rockets at the game.

I'm starting my movement now. One game this year. It won't be a divisional game, but one game this year we should boycott concessions so that Dan Snyder knows that the loyal fans are tired of the mediocrity and the fly by the seat of your pants ownership. It's time for some real football people to be in control.

Who's on board?

This is actually a move you should be proud of. The team finally showed some spine for once to an aging overpriced prima donna.

First of all, don't you understand, the concessions, the merch, the parking; it all goes to the TEAM. I know the beer is expensive, the T-Shirts are 50 dollars, but at least i know most of the proceeds go (in SOME way) back to the team that I love.

Second, you don't know what the 'Skins master plan is! Give them a chance to show you what they can do with the cap room. This is a premature rant. Wait and see what happens this season.

1. I will not stop complaining. This team is a joke. It isn't just because they let Taylor go. It's because signing Haynesworth (and releasing Springs, not Taylor to do so) makes sense only if you keep Taylor. The Taylor situation should have been handled before they committed $100 million to Haynesworth.

2. I agree, nine people won't make a differnence. But 90,000 sure would.

I don't understand why people continue to support this lunacy. We have been totally mediocre for ten years. If you take our record this decade, it's like four games under .500. Isn't that worse than sucking for three years and being great for one? We are simply a mediocre franchise and that is boring and lame.

This owner has ruined this franchise. I am supporting the team I love. Anyone who continues to simply put money in Dan Snyder's pocket is complicit in his destruction of the Redskins.

1. I will not stop complaining. This team is a joke. It isn't just because they let Taylor go. It's because signing Haynesworth (and releasing Springs, not Taylor to do so) makes sense only if you keep Taylor. The Taylor situation should have been handled before they committed $100 million to Haynesworth.

It would have made sense to keep Taylor if he fit the scheme. Obviously he didn't so he was a waste of 8 million dollars. Now we have more cap room for next year and this years draft signings.

I don't understand why people continue to support this lunacy. We have been totally mediocre for ten years. If you take our record this decade, it's like four games under .500. Isn't that worse than sucking for three years and being great for one? We are simply a mediocre franchise and that is boring and lame.

This owner has ruined this franchise. I am supporting the team I love. Anyone who continues to simply put money in Dan Snyder's pocket is complicit in his destruction of the Redskins.

Chill....I guess you would rather sit back while enjoying you Johnny Rockets and watch the same 8-8 team again?

First of all, don't you understand, the concessions, the merch, the parking; it all goes to the TEAM. I know the beer is expensive, the T-Shirts are 50 dollars, but at least i know most of the proceeds go (in SOME way) back to the team that I love.

Second, you don't know what the 'Skins master plan is! Give them a chance to show you what they can do with the cap room. This is a premature rant. Wait and see what happens this season.

Seriously? Premature? Should we give them another ten years to establish that they have a clue?

If you can get 90,000 people, all attending the same game, to all agree to and follow-through on not buying a single concession, I will give you my first-born daughter and a magical pony.

I'm just tired of loving this team and watching one or two people destroy it without a clue. Everyone can sit back and just let Snyder and Cerrato destroy the team, or we can try to do something. Boycotting concessions one day would at least feel good.

Archived