Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Which of the Remaining FA's Interest You?(Merged)

method man

What about Phillip Daniels or Demetric Evans.......now that JT is gone?

II was bummed when I read those guys are gone.

Daniels is way too old. Evans isnt gone yet he can resign at anytime with us. We also have Wilson, Jackson and Buzbee. Thats not counting the draft either, or other FA (Igor). We still have time to add more. If we pick up Orakpo, Jackson or English in the draft, out DE problem is gone once again. Ill take any of those 3 over Taylor anyday. Give me a rookie with the same talent and potential that is 100 times hungrier then Taylor anyday.

skins should have given a sniff to JIm Leonard...

"Jim Leonhard is special," Ryan said. "No. 1, he looks like the guy delivering papers. He really is a smart player. He has a lot of poise. He's very sure of himself.

"For some reason he gets saddled because he's short, but this guy's an outstanding athlete. He won two slam-dunk contests at the University of Wisconsin. He's an outstanding punt returner. I've always said he could catch a punt in a hurricane.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3948787

Yeah, Leonhard really stood out for me last year, which is saying something on that D. Would've been a good boost to our ST too.

Depending on health, I'd bring back Daniels - he's probably cheaper than Evans and there's a reason Evans couldn't beat him out. I also like Kdawg's point that Carter got far more pressure with Daniels collapsing the pocket. Daniels would also be a good model for Haynesworth, the two of them pushing the pocket could really work out. Lastly, I think Evans would be pissed if we wound up drafting a DE, whereas Daniels actually said we need to draft Orakpo.

I'd be happy to upgrade our tackle spot too. If Samuels goes down next year and we weren't able to get a top tackle in the draft then our season would probably be screwed.

If the Skins are not going to pick a OLB with the 13th pick then I would say go out and get D.Brooks for a year are two. I would say getting a Elton Brown for depth at guard would be nice also.

I like both of those moves, even if Brown is a UVa guy...

I wouldn't mind bringing back Taylor, for a $million per year. :)

Can you explain to me what you thought he did so poorly? I might just be missing something...

I didn't see him getting pushed around or muscled...Did he miss some blocking assignments or something?

Like you said it's hard to tell without knowing assignments but I thought he looked downright awful in those clips. Granted that is one game at a position we wouldn't be asking him to play, but still that was scary.

I watched the entire clip and while I didn't see his guy get the sack, I counted one solid block he made throughout the course of those "highlights." He was either pushed back or whiffed on almost every block. 3-4 fronts can be confusing and Dallas has a solid front 7, but we do play them twice a year, every year.

I already wasn't as high on many of our other posters (that have never seen him play) are and now I flat out don't want him. I think he may be a decent developmental player, but he doesn't seem to be an obvious upgrade over Heyer who has more career starts and already knows our system and blocking assignments.

I don't particularly want any of the remaining FA's, I'd much rather see that cap going towards locking up our own guys (Rogers) or resigning Washington/Evans as a stopgap.

If I had to pick a FA it would be Khalif Barnes. He seems to be a much better fit at RT than LT, but I would expect his experience as a LT to raise his price out of what we should be spending at this point.

Archived