Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Which of the Remaining FA's Interest You?(Merged)

method man

I have no clue how much cap room we have but I am assuming it is just only a little so at this point I would like for us to go after 2 value FAs.

1. Daniel Loper, OT, Titans

This guy was the backup for David Bell and Michael Roos last year and the Titans coaching staff really likes him. He is big (6-6 330), very athletic, and very versatile (can play both tackle spots and both guard spots). I am confident that this guy can be our right tackle next year, and because he is a backup right now, I think we can get him for a very reasonable deal. On one hand, I'd love to get a Big 4 tackle, but, on the other hand, we have too many needs right now.

2. Kevin Burnett, LB, Cowboys

This guy did not live up to his potential with the Cowboys after being a high draft pick. He has a lot of talent, but he has been plagued by injury issues in his career. I think he'd be a good fit as a part time starter at SLB, splitting time with Jason Taylor at that spot.

Guys, I really don't think we've got much more money left to spend--let's not forget despite only having what, 4 picks in the draft, we've still got to sign those guys as well as other free agents down the stretch...

...and that is why I proposed both of these guys who will be cheap

Matt Stover away from the Baltimore Ravens. Would be an upgrade since he's much more accurate than Suisam, and he doesn't have to move. He can keep his family in the area. Plus he'd be a good stop gap guy until we can find a franchise kicker. It would be a nice fit. He doesn't have the long distance he used to, but I think he does have the accuracy and the experience kicking in our weather climate.

Archived